Windows 10: Desktop background stretches over 2 monitors?

Discus and support Desktop background stretches over 2 monitors? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, my desktop background is unintentionally stretching across both monitors: Adapt: [ATTACH] Fill it in: [ATTACH] Adjust, on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DrackenDarck, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Desktop background stretches over 2 monitors?

Hi, my desktop background is unintentionally stretching across both monitors:

Adapt:

Desktop background stretches over 2 monitors? 0_big.jpg

Fill it in:

Desktop background stretches over 2 monitors? 1_big.jpg

Adjust, on another image:

Desktop background stretches over 2 monitors? 2_big.jpg

Stretching seems to work, but "stretches" just does:

Desktop background stretches over 2 monitors? 3_big.jpg

Fill in, should look like this:

Desktop background stretches over 2 monitors? 4_big.jpg

Why is windows 10 now standing in the way of this one picture? Are the dimensions the problem?

Thanks.

:)

DrackenDarck, Aug 6, 2020
  2. Misiowiec Win User

Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Desktop background stretches over 2 monitors?

background display

Hi Yahya,

The default background is fit. You can just simply change it set it as stretch, we suggest that you check this

article
    . This article will give you steps on how to personalize your desktop background.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Desktop background stretches over 2 monitors?

1. Desktop background stretches over 2 monitors? - Similar Threads - Desktop background stretches

2. Slideshow stretches backgrounds across both monitors :/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slideshow stretches backgrounds across both monitors :/: Im using windows 11 22H2.. and I want to set a slideshow background for each background...but when I set it, it used both monitors at once... its extremely annoying.My images in particular just straight up dont work / look right when theyre stretched across both monitors.I...
  3. Slideshow stretches backgrounds across both monitors :/

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slideshow stretches backgrounds across both monitors :/: Im using windows 11 22H2.. and I want to set a slideshow background for each background...but when I set it, it used both monitors at once... its extremely annoying.My images in particular just straight up dont work / look right when theyre stretched across both monitors.I...
  4. Background Slideshow 2 Monitors help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background Slideshow 2 Monitors help!: Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my post and help me. I am using windows 10 and I have 2 monitors. I know how to set a static picture to each monitor that is either the same or different pics -- that is no issue. My problem is when I am using desktop...
  5. Sync desktop background between 2 monitors using slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync desktop background between 2 monitors using slideshow: Hey, I'm wondering if there is a way to make the desktop backgrounds sync when using dual monitors, I want to have both the background and colour theme automatically changed with my slideshow basically but I can't seem to find a option for that in my settings. Attached is my...
  6. 3 Monitors, 2 backgrounds

3 Monitors, 2 backgrounds: I have a 3 monitor configuration, 2 large side-by-side with a smaller touchscreen below. I would like to span 1 background across the 2 monitors that are side by side and have a separate background for the 3rd monitor. Is this possible in Windows 10? Spanning puts the 1...
  7. Stretching monitor display

Stretching monitor display: I am wondering if there is anyway to stretch my display of my monitor out. I have tried every resolution setting and that just changes the aspect ratio. Is there any possible way to just kind of stretch my display out a bit?...
  8. Extending a wallpaper over 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extending a wallpaper over 2 monitors: I have 2 27 inch monitors, and I want to find a wallpaper that would span over the both of them. The issue I’m having is that they both have different resolutions. The monitor on the left is 1920x1080 144hz and the one on the right is 3840x2160 60hz. What resolution wallpaper...
  9. 2 virtual desktops on 2 monitors

2 virtual desktops on 2 monitors: I have 2 monitors on my PC, and I want to have 2 virtual desktops, 1 on first monitor and 1 on second. Can I achieve that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-virtual-desktops-on-2-monitors/05bb7182-d9b3-47c1-a2d7-8898497febb2
  10. Stretching/ monitors become 1.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Stretching/ monitors become 1.: I just recently had an AMD update. I just moved my pc and I swapped which sides my monitors were on, so I went to AMD settings to hopefully simply swap them... I now have some sort of "stretched" screen. For example: if I bring up bring up google on my left monitor, and...