Windows 10: Desktop background/wallpaper goes grey after closing applications ??

Discus and support Desktop background/wallpaper goes grey after closing applications ?? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So instead of going to the desktop and showing the wallpaper background and other shortcuts, my desktop background goes grey after I close other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jordz.wav, Aug 6, 2021.

1. jordz.wav Win User

Desktop background/wallpaper goes grey after closing applications ??

So instead of going to the desktop and showing the wallpaper background and other shortcuts, my desktop background goes grey after I close other applications and I have to click the show desktop button in the bottom right corner in order to show the actual desktop wallpaper, folders, shortcuts and programs. I am fully updated on windows 10 so I don't need some stupid useless Microsoft bot telling me to update windows or to restart my laptop.Just give actual answers please Microsoft, forget your bots. :

:)

jordz.wav, Aug 6, 2021
  2. A.Afif Win User

Desktop background goes grey

My wallpaper keeps going grey. Whenever I right-click -> Personalise, the wallpaper goes back to normal, but after some time the problem occurs again.

I use "slideshow" to pick wallpapers from a folder I have on my C (windows) drive.

A.Afif, Aug 6, 2021
  3. Wallpaper (background) color

Hi Aaron,

I realize that the background color changed from blue to black. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Close all open windows, restart the computer once and then login to the computer to check if that helps.

Suggest you to refer to this article to check if that helps.

Change your desktop background and colors: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...6c6/change-your-desktop-background-and-colors

Further you may also want to ensure that default theme is selected. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click Personalization and select Themes.

• Click on Theme Settings to select Windows Default Themes.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 6, 2021
  4. GHuff96 Win User

different Desktop wallpaper backgrounds

Hi guys,

So I found out you can set up different desktops on my laptop.

I have 3, (one for school, one for other productivity stuff and one for fun/entertainment)

Can I set up 3 different wallpapers for each desktop background?

I tried using settings and "change my desktop background" but that changes all 3 instead of just the one I'm currently on.

Any suggestions?

Thank You

GHuff96, Aug 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Desktop background/wallpaper goes grey after closing applications ?? - Similar Threads - Desktop background wallpaper

2. Some applications closed automatically after computer goes sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some applications closed automatically after computer goes sleep: Some of the applications in my computer Like Notepad and calculator closed after my computer goes to sleep. That problem persists from Windows 10 to Windows 11. And it only closes certain programs, the computer did not restart cause all other programs like word or chrome stay...
  3. Some applications closed automatically after computer goes sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some applications closed automatically after computer goes sleep: Some of the applications in my computer Like Notepad and calculator closed after my computer goes to sleep. That problem persists from Windows 10 to Windows 11. And it only closes certain programs, the computer did not restart cause all other programs like word or chrome stay...
  4. Imprint of content in background even after application is closed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Imprint of content in background even after application is closed.: I have had this issue where if i open some content like a video or pdf and then close the browser, it is still visible faintly in the background in desktop and also in other apps. I have updated the display drivers but still it does not go away. After restarting also it is...
  5. Grey background when closing a window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Grey background when closing a window: Hi all, Whenever I close or minimise a window any window such as chrome, discord, word, outlook, etc it shows a grey screen with my taskbar down the bottom, as opposed to my desktop background. I am running Windows 10 and have checked for updates. This is a recent issue...
  6. Desktop Background Occasionally Goes Black

Desktop Background Occasionally Goes Black: Every now and then, my desktop background will go completely black for no apparent reason. The problem is triggered when the desktop is updated moving files onto it, selecting a region with the mouse, refreshing it, etc. The problem will solve itself with a restart or by...
  7. Flashing taskbar grey desktop background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flashing taskbar grey desktop background: I had a temp account i got logged into after a bsod so i found a tutorial that said delete the temp account file and change the bak at the end of my user to nothing and then log back in but now it it gives me a grey background with a flashing taskbar. Any help? Thanks...
  8. different Desktop wallpaper backgrounds

different Desktop wallpaper backgrounds: Hi guys, So I found out you can set up different desktops on my laptop. I have 3, (one for school, one for other productivity stuff and one for fun/entertainment) Can I set up 3 different wallpapers for each desktop background? I tried using settings and "change my...
  9. Desktop wallpaper appears as Start background

Desktop wallpaper appears as Start background: I just reset my wallpaper and now it appears in the background of my Start page. I want my Start background to remain solid, as it was before I added the new wallpaper. 98363
  10. Desktop background goes black

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop background goes black: I have a picture here of my desktop background. Notice how behind the icons is black. Now the entire background just blacked out. I also have problems with menus in apps. Notice how Synctoy isn't displaying the menu correctly. What is going on? [img] [img] 83640

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my wallpaper grey laptop

2. my background turns gray every time i start pc

3. desktop background keeps going gray