Windows 10: desktop background

Discus and support desktop background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I keep as my desktop background the beautiful pictures that seem to come from webshots?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ColleenMoore3, Jun 7, 2020.

1. desktop background

How do I keep as my desktop background the beautiful pictures that seem to come from webshots?

:)

ColleenMoore3, Jun 7, 2020

2. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Misiowiec Win User
    Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Jun 7, 2020
  4. desktop background

After installing the updates, desktop background pictures dissapeared.

Hi Lucky,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

This type of issue might occur because of some missing, corrupt or damaged files in your system.

Initially, I suggest you to try the below method and later you can try to set the desktop background and check.

Method 1: I suggest you to run System File Checker, which will check your system for missing, corrupt or damaged files and attempt to fix them.

Please refer the article on “How to run System File Checker” and check if that helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-gb

Method 2: DISM:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Now, follow the below steps to set desktop background.

• Right click on your desktop background and click on Personalize.
    • Click on Background list box and select pictures.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

desktop background

1. desktop background - Similar Threads - desktop background

2. Why is the background white with no taskbar or desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the background white with no taskbar or desktop?: My files app wasn't working so I used task manager to crash it. Right after it crashed, the taskbar along with the desktop turned comptley white. This has happened on many occasions.Windows 11...
  3. Why is the background white with no taskbar or desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the background white with no taskbar or desktop?: My files app wasn't working so I used task manager to crash it. Right after it crashed, the taskbar along with the desktop turned comptley white. This has happened on many occasions.Windows 11...
  4. How can I stop Nvidia GeForce experience driver update from resetting my desktop background...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop Nvidia GeForce experience driver update from resetting my desktop background...: OK, so I have 3 monitors with 3 different background images. all Jpeg files. Every time I update my Nvidia 3060 drivers, I update manually and just download the current driver needed. While downloading the monitors go black and flicker a few times then my main monitors...
  5. How can I stop Nvidia GeForce experience driver update from resetting my desktop background...

How can I stop Nvidia GeForce experience driver update from resetting my desktop background...: OK, so I have 3 monitors with 3 different background images. all Jpeg files. Every time I update my Nvidia 3060 drivers, I update manually and just download the current driver needed. While downloading the monitors go black and flicker a few times then my main monitors...
  6. How can I stop Nvidia GeForce experience driver update from resetting my desktop background...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Any ideas on what's causing my desktop background to become green?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any ideas on what's causing my desktop background to become green?: Hello. Sometimes when using my computer I experience a weird bug where my desktop background turns green. It covers my desktop icons and when I highlight my desktop. If I snap windows to the sides of my monitor, it will usually turn fully green. I've done /sfc scannow and it...
  8. Any ideas on what's causing my desktop background to become green?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any ideas on what's causing my desktop background to become green?: Hello. Sometimes when using my computer I experience a weird bug where my desktop background turns green. It covers my desktop icons and when I highlight my desktop. If I snap windows to the sides of my monitor, it will usually turn fully green. I've done /sfc scannow and it...
  9. Any ideas on what's causing my desktop background to become green?

10. Still cannot have different backgrounds for Virtual Desktops

Still cannot have different backgrounds for Virtual Desktops: I keep reading different posts about issues setting different backgrounds wallpapers for virtual desktops in Windows 11. Everyone keeps saying they can't do it and the response is always the same; "Here is how you do it".PLEASE. FOR THE LAST TIME. I know HOW you are SUPPOSE...