Windows 10: Desktop Background

Discus and support Desktop Background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every morning when I come to use my computer I have to switch the background back to a picture because it switches to a solid color for no apparent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JayWhite4, Aug 1, 2021.

1. JayWhite4 Win User

Desktop Background

Every morning when I come to use my computer I have to switch the background back to a picture because it switches to a solid color for no apparent reason. I have even switched off the sync capability. Any ideas on how to stop this?

:)

JayWhite4, Aug 1, 2021
  2. Misiowiec Win User

Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Aug 1, 2021
  3. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

Change desktop background and colors

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 1, 2021
  4. Desktop Background

After installing the updates, desktop background pictures dissapeared.

Hi Lucky,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

This type of issue might occur because of some missing, corrupt or damaged files in your system.

Initially, I suggest you to try the below method and later you can try to set the desktop background and check.

Method 1: I suggest you to run System File Checker, which will check your system for missing, corrupt or damaged files and attempt to fix them.

Please refer the article on “How to run System File Checker” and check if that helps.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Method 2: DISM:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Now, follow the below steps to set desktop background.

• Right click on your desktop background and click on Personalize.
    • Click on Background list box and select pictures.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

Desktop Background

1. Desktop Background - Similar Threads - Desktop Background

2. Desktop icons, background. and taskbar disappear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons, background. and taskbar disappear: A coworker is having an issue with their computer and I've been tasked to figure it out, but I don't understand what's happening here.At random times during the day her desktop background, desktop icons, and taskbar disappear and all she can see is a black screen and her...
  3. Executables only opening as a background process, not on the desktop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Executables only opening as a background process, not on the desktop.: I have been trying to open Flashpoint for a while, but whenever I do, it instead opens as a background process, and I cant figure out how to make a desktop process. I have updated all my drivers, and Flashpoint was working fine up until now. I have had the same issue with...
  4. Desktop backgrounds accross multiple devices

Desktop backgrounds accross multiple devices: Why did my windows 10 laptop desktop background overwrite my desktop desktop background without permission or any prompt from me? And how do I stop it from doing that again?...
  5. Desktop Backgrounds

Desktop Backgrounds: Hi Group, When I choose "Personalize", I choose "slideshow", browse, The folder I choose appears to have no images in it. But if I navigate to the same folder normally, all the images are there. Any ideas? Thanks. Windows 10. 183128
  6. Desktop background/wallpaper goes grey after closing applications ??

Desktop background/wallpaper goes grey after closing applications ??: So instead of going to the desktop and showing the wallpaper background and other shortcuts, my desktop background goes grey after I close other applications and I have to click the show desktop button in the bottom right corner in order to show the actual desktop wallpaper,...
  7. Lost Desktop Background

Lost Desktop Background: I spent hours meticulously selected hundreds of photos for a desktop background slideshow on my desktop and my laptop bacground synced over it whithout even a prompt without my ever setting any preference to do so. How can I revover the deleted file of the slideshow?...
  8. Desktop Backgrounds

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Backgrounds: Hi Group, When I choose "Personalize", I choose "slideshow", browse, The folder I choose appears to have no images in it. But if I navigate to the same folder normally, all the images are there. Any ideas? Thanks. Windows 10. 183128
  9. Windows 10 files moved, desktop background gone & various other issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 files moved, desktop background gone & various other issues: When I started up my computer, running on Windows 10 which I’ve been using for years, the other day, I noticed that my desktop background had been removed, with only some of my desktop icons present.I then noticed that my taskbar was missing all icons except for Microsoft...
  10. Microsoft teaser confirms Windows 11’s leaked desktop background

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft teaser confirms Windows 11’s leaked desktop background: Microsoft has already confirmed the highly-anticipated “what’s next for Windows” event for June 24, and while the company has remained tight-lipped on what exactly is the “next generation of Windows”, Microsoft keeps dropping teasers suggesting a pretty big visual revamp is...