Windows 10: Desktop backgrounds accross multiple devices

Discus and support Desktop backgrounds accross multiple devices in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why did my windows 10 laptop desktop background overwrite my desktop desktop background without permission or any prompt from me? And how do I stop it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Keelbreaker V, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Desktop backgrounds accross multiple devices

Why did my windows 10 laptop desktop background overwrite my desktop desktop background without permission or any prompt from me? And how do I stop it from doing that again?

:)

Keelbreaker V, Aug 17, 2021
  2. Misiowiec Win User

Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Aug 17, 2021
  3. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

Change desktop background and colors

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 17, 2021
  4. Desktop backgrounds accross multiple devices

After installing the updates, desktop background pictures dissapeared.

Hi Lucky,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

This type of issue might occur because of some missing, corrupt or damaged files in your system.

Initially, I suggest you to try the below method and later you can try to set the desktop background and check.

Method 1: I suggest you to run System File Checker, which will check your system for missing, corrupt or damaged files and attempt to fix them.

Please refer the article on “How to run System File Checker” and check if that helps.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Method 2: DISM:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Now, follow the below steps to set desktop background.

• Right click on your desktop background and click on Personalize.
    • Click on Background list box and select pictures.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 17, 2021
Thema:

Desktop backgrounds accross multiple devices

1. Desktop backgrounds accross multiple devices - Similar Threads - Desktop backgrounds accross

2. multiple desktops in windows with different backgrounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    multiple desktops in windows with different backgrounds: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/multiple-desktops-in-windows-36f52e38-5b4a-557b-2ff9-e1a60c976434#articleFooterSupportBridge=communityBridgeGives the option to use different backgrounds on the different backgrounds. I use this to tell them appart. I use one to...
  3. multiple desktops in windows with different backgrounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    multiple desktops in windows with different backgrounds: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/multiple-desktops-in-windows-36f52e38-5b4a-557b-2ff9-e1a60c976434#articleFooterSupportBridge=communityBridgeGives the option to use different backgrounds on the different backgrounds. I use this to tell them appart. I use one to...
  4. Win11 Multiple Desktops Backgrounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Multiple Desktops Backgrounds: How can I set Win11's multiple desktops to different backgrounds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win11-multiple-desktops-backgrounds/e70d4751-b4e1-4177-8e21-5fed272839a8
  5. Win11 Multiple Desktops Backgrounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Multiple Desktops Backgrounds: How can I set Win11's multiple desktops to different backgrounds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win11-multiple-desktops-backgrounds/e70d4751-b4e1-4177-8e21-5fed272839a8
  6. Multiple monitor desktop background help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple monitor desktop background help.: Hi, I was hoping somebody knows how to set this up. I have two curved monitors on my desk. And then I have another monitor and a sketch tablet on another desk facing a different direction, they are all hooked up to the same machine. So 4 displays total. The two curved...
  7. Keyword searches accross multiple microsoft apps

in Cortana
    Keyword searches accross multiple microsoft apps: Each app, Notes, Teams, Outlook, etc have individual search engines. Is there a way to search across multiple apps? For example, if i want to find a communication from someone, and I know who it came from & the subject matter, but can't recall if it was in Teams, or...
  8. Multiple backgrounds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple backgrounds: How do i set 2 different backgrounds on win 10 without activating windows submitted by /u/TakenSteak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fp1hy3/multiple_backgrounds/
  9. Multiple Tiled Images Desktop Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Tiled Images Desktop Background: Hello all, Ive hit a bit of a puzzle and was wondering if anyone can help. I Have a dual monitor setup, one landscape 27inch monitor and one portrait 24 inch monitor. I have custom backgrounds on my desktop but the portrait monitor has black bits top and bottom. I know that...
  10. Sticky Notes synching accross devices

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sticky Notes synching accross devices: Am having trouble synching Sticky Notes across devices. I work from several devices in the offices. Work at one computer for a couple hours. Work in another area for a couple hours on another machine. All W10, signed in to device with same AD/O365 credential, all in the...