Windows 10: Desktop Backgrounds Change One At A Time

Discus and support Desktop Backgrounds Change One At A Time in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When using the Slideshow background for multiple displays, Windows should change all backgrounds for the monitors. I'm using a triple display with an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrisDemonEye, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Desktop Backgrounds Change One At A Time

When using the Slideshow background for multiple displays, Windows should change all backgrounds for the monitors.
    I'm using a triple display with an individual background on each.Instead of changing every background at once, Windows has decided to cycle each monitor. Using the "Change picture every ___" interval, which I've temporarily set to 1 minute, Windows cycles through my monitors from left to right, ignoring which is the primary display Which is marked as the first display, Display 1. It cycles from my left monitor, to my mid Primary, to my right. Changing display numbers does nothing, it always cycles through in that same order.
    I first noticed this on my sister's computer, of which the background would again change on the left monitor, and after the interval, would change the right, and repeat.

I've been using Windows 10 for a few months now, and this used to work correctly.
    I don't know exactly when this started happening, but I'm unable to resolve the issue on my own.

EDIT: PC Specs

Windows 10 Home Edition
    Intel i5-3570k @ 3.8 GHz
    16GB DDR3 RAM
    2x Nvidia GTX 670 Windforce SLI Bridge

NOTE:
    My sister, of which has this same exact problem, is running a very similar build to mine.
    Only difference is she has no SLI bridge, only a single GTX 670, and less RAM.
    We both use Win10 Home.

:)

ChrisDemonEye, Apr 7, 2021

2. change desktop background color

Hi,

To change the desktop background into a solid color, see the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop, and select Personalize.
    • Under Personalization, select Background.
    • On the right pane, click on the drop-down menu for Background, and then select
      Solid color.
    • Choose your preferred color and it should immediately make changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

Change desktop background and colors

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Desktop Backgrounds Change One At A Time

changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

Change desktop background and colors

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Desktop Backgrounds Change One At A Time

1. Desktop Backgrounds Change One At A Time - Similar Threads - Desktop Backgrounds Change

2. Can't change desktop background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change desktop background: I can't change my desktop background in settings, nor clicking on the Set as desktop background works. And I can't gain admin rights. I am using Windows 10 Enterprise. What can I do?...
  3. Desktop background will not change.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop background will not change.: I cannot change my desktop background to anything but black I cannot add any pictures or desktop backgrounds I have checked settings themes and everything I could think of but I cannot find the problem please help*Moved from feedback....
  4. Desktop background will not change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop background will not change.: I cannot change my desktop background to anything but black I cannot add any pictures or desktop backgrounds I have checked settings themes and everything I could think of but I cannot find the problem please help*Moved from feedback....
  5. Desktop background will not change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My computer changes desktop background and accent colour from time to time. Is this...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer changes desktop background and accent colour from time to time. Is this...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Skips_PassportForger [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vqjklw/my_computer_changes_desktop_background_and_accent/
  7. Desktop background changed to red

Desktop background changed to red: I just booted up my Windows 10 PC and logged in. But when I logged in, the desktop background changed to red, but the Lock Screen background was as normal. Everything worked fine, but the desktop background turned red.I tried:Restarting the PCResetting the background to a...
  8. Change time in background

Change time in background: Currently you can change the background every 1 minute or 10 minutes or longer. Is there a way to alter this to another time eg. two or five minutes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-time-in-background/50c7916c-42c3-420d-af2d-64af3c57d77a
  9. Change Desktop Background

Change Desktop Background: I want to change the Desktop Background, I want to put a picture of my granddaughter that I have on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-desktop-background/26184aba-aed7-4f05-ac92-8ace3ba1f30c
  10. Changed Desktop Background At Home, And It Changed Office Background.

in Windows 10 Support
    Changed Desktop Background At Home, And It Changed Office Background.: can't quite figure out what's going on here... - had three windows 10 pcs networked at my business location (miles from home), all with different desktop backgrounds, all with slightly different configurations. - one of the three pcs was purchased for home use, it was just...