Windows 10: Desktop becomes black/Taskbar unresponsive when waking up from standby

Discus and support Desktop becomes black/Taskbar unresponsive when waking up from standby in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm thinking it has to do with either using 452.06 after installing the 20h2 update, something on my end after I cleaned up my pc (my hand slipped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RyougaLolakie, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Desktop becomes black/Taskbar unresponsive when waking up from standby

I'm thinking it has to do with either using 452.06 after installing the 20h2 update, something on my end after I cleaned up my pc (my hand slipped which accidently dropped the screwdriver onto the gpu's pcb. trying to screw in the cpu fans onto the h80i radiator), or trying to update the drivers during the windows update installation.

For starters

- I used the dism after sfc found errors.
    - CrystalDiskInfo shows both my ssd and hdd are fine which it doesn't have any sector errors.

Even after that incident I played Genshin Impact and TF2, which it runs really good so I'm guessing the gpu's fine? Although this desktop becomes black/taskbar unresponsive happend 2 times one is which on december 12th where the 20h2 update rolled in and the second time today. Although I fixed that by using ctrl+alt+del and logged out and logged back in. Afterwards I tried using sfc /scannow and Windows didn't find any errors.

The windows 10 version I'm using right now is Version 20h2 (OS Build 19042.685).

Also I keep getting those blank files after I moved them out of my desktop. I had to move it back to desktop then moved it out again.

:)

RyougaLolakie, Jan 2, 2021

2. Pc will not wake up from Standby

When i go into standby mode then click any button or press power button the computer the monitor is still blanked out. and will nto come back on. any suggestions?

accordpower99, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Jan 2, 2021
  4. Desktop becomes black/Taskbar unresponsive when waking up from standby

Windows 10 Taskbar Unresponsive.

Dear Amma,

Sorry for the trouble, here are few steps that I would suggest:

• Press the Windows + X
    • Open the Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Now type the command as " Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Push Enter
    • Restart the system.
    • Now see if the issue persists
    • If it persists the only option is to create a new user admin account.

Do let me know if it helped and please mark the answer as helpful if it helped.

Ankur Srivastava, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

Desktop becomes black/Taskbar unresponsive when waking up from standby

1. Desktop becomes black/Taskbar unresponsive when waking up from standby - Similar Threads - Desktop becomes black

2. Wake from sleep desktop icons and taskbar completely scrambled and unresponsive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake from sleep desktop icons and taskbar completely scrambled and unresponsive: Hello,I have recently been encountering an issue, where often after my laptop goes to sleep mode and then wakes all the desktop icons and taskbar completely glitch out and look scrambled and nothing is functional. Also any background image turns black. Strangely enough if I...
  3. Surface wakes up from standby always with maximum brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface wakes up from standby always with maximum brightness: Surface Pro 6 Adaptive brightness doesn't make a difference. The brightness setting shows me my last brightness but the brightness itself is 100%. As soon as i click at the brightness setting bar it sets the correct brightness. Restart didn't work. Seems like the...
  4. Window keeps waking up laptop from Modern Standby

in Windows 10 Support
    Window keeps waking up laptop from Modern Standby: Hi, On my new laptop (it's in my specs) that came with 2004 preinstalled so far I have figured out that updating it to 20H2 has brought back the option to enter Code: reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power /v PlatformAoAcOverride /t REG_DWORD /d 0 (in an elevated...
  5. PC Black screening and becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Black screening and becoming unresponsive: Hello, My PC has been black screening for awhile during games and I don't know the solution. It does this during games, but windows also sometimes becomes unresponsive in which the only solution is to manually turn off the PC. I'm using an Inno3d RTX 3070 chill x3, a ryzen...
  6. screen wakes up from standby very fast

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screen wakes up from standby very fast: Hi, when I'm AFK, I usually lock windows by pressing Windows key + L As a side effect, the screen will quickly go into standby mode. I've bought a completely new system, a new PC, screen, mouse and keyboard. Now my screen wakes up just a few seconds after it goes into...
  7. PC Becomes unresponsive and goes to black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Becomes unresponsive and goes to black screen: Sometimes when gaming on my custom built PC it will go to a black screen and the fans will ramp up to 100%. I have to turn my PSU on and off because the keyboard, mouse, and power button are unresponsive. This mostly only happens when playing intensive games and i already...
  8. No sleep/standby when lid is open wakes up immediately

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No sleep/standby when lid is open wakes up immediately: My notebook is a Lenovo Z710 running Windows 10 2004. The problem is as follows: If I put the system to standby mode start menu / power symbol / standby and the lid is open, it wakes up immediately. Just to clarify: This happens without touching the lid. As long as the...
  9. Remote Desktop Remote Sound not working after wake up from standby

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Remote Sound not working after wake up from standby: The remote sound from the remote desktop works fine at the beginning. But when I put the server on standby and then the server wakes up, remote sound stops working. There is no sound from either the host or the client machine. Everything looks fine on the settings side. But...
  10. Computer unresponsive when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer unresponsive when waking from sleep: Computer: Page Not Found | HP® Official Site I've sent it in once to replace the motherboard and replaced the SSD drive on my own Every now and then, maybe 1% of the time, when trying to wake the computer from sleep mode, the power button will turn on, the wifi light...