Windows 10: Desktop Black and Taskbar Flashing after Update

Discus and support Desktop Black and Taskbar Flashing after Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! Over the past few months I've been having a really annoying issue. One day when I logged in to my computer, the Desktop was black and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BeckettO'Brien, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Desktop Black and Taskbar Flashing after Update

Hello! Over the past few months I've been having a really annoying issue. One day when I logged in to my computer, the Desktop was black and the taskbar was flashing. I was really surprised because the lock screen looked perfectly normal so I thought it was weird. I could still use Ctrl-Alt-Del and Win-R to launch programs, but they keep flashing in and out of focus so if I had to type anything it would take a really long time because I had to keep selecting the text box, which was also difficult with everything flashing. I went into Safe Mode and I tried: updating/downgrading/reinstalling/removing my graphics drivers, sfc /scannow, DISM restore, and disabling different startup programs. Eventually the only thing that worked was uninstalling the latest updated. It has kept happening, about once every few weeks whenever Windows automatically updates. Its started happening more frequently as my system has gotten more out of date and Windows update is complaining that I have a critical update. I don't want to just disable Windows update but I can't keep randomly having my computer crash on boot for 10 minutes, so if anyone knows anything else I can do to fix this, I really appreciate the help!

:)

BeckettO'Brien, Dec 15, 2020
  2. Ghot Win User

Black desktop after update to 19042.630

Are you saying the background is black? If so, that should be easy to change.
    Right click Taskbar and choose: Taskbar Settings >Themes > Background

There's a drop down box where can you choose Solid Color, or Pictures, for w/e you want.

/edit

There are more settings under... Taskbar Settings > Colors

3. Ed Turvey Win User
    Black screen and flashing taskbar

Has anyone come up with a resolution for this problem.

Black screen and flashing taskbar.

Ed Turvey, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Desktop Black and Taskbar Flashing after Update

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Black and Taskbar Flashing after Update

1. Desktop Black and Taskbar Flashing after Update - Similar Threads - Desktop Black Taskbar

2. Black screen with flashing taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with flashing taskbar: I just did a factory reset on my laptop because it was getting slow. I chose the option to delete all my files and to download windows from the cloud. Now whenever I try to login, there’s just a black screen with a flashing taskbar. I tried to do a safe start but the issue...
  3. Black Background and Flashing Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Background and Flashing Taskbar: Whenever i restart windows the background becomes black and my taskbar is blinking for ~ 1/2 minutesHowever it doesn't happen when i shutdown only when i restartI ran sfc /scannowIt said it found problems and fixed it but nothing has changedand in task manager explorer.exe...
  4. Black Background and Flashing Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Background and Flashing Taskbar: Whenever i restart windows the background becomes black and my taskbar is blinking for ~ 1/2 minutesHowever it doesn't happen when i shutdown only when i restartI ran sfc /scannowIt said it found problems and fixed it but nothing has changedand in task manager explorer.exe...
  5. Black Background and Flashing Taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Black desktop and flashing taskbar after login. Please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black desktop and flashing taskbar after login. Please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RRUser [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kb7353/black_desktop_and_flashing_taskbar_after_login/
  7. Black screen and flashing taskbar

Black screen and flashing taskbar: I have tried to see if anyone else had the same problem but the solutions dont work. I tried to open in safe mode but I cant even do it from the log in screen. I can access the start up menu but I dont know what to do from there....
  8. Black screen and flashing taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen and flashing taskbar: I have this as soon as I login to the laptop ( Windows 10) Does anyone knows a fix for it? submitted by /u/AntDoc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e16twj/black_screen_and_flashing_taskbar/
  9. Black screen and flashing taskbar

Black screen and flashing taskbar: Has anyone come up with a resolution for this problem. Black screen and flashing taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/black-screen-and-flashing-taskbar/700d6721-ed67-4ce2-8d77-4beb0935a596
  10. Taskbar and Desktop Flashing After Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar and Desktop Flashing After Upgrade: I just updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and now my computer starts flashing out of no where. The taskbar and the desktop starts flashing. When this happens I can not do anything. When it stops, I can not use the start button. I do not know what to do. *Sad 10876

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 black screen with flashing taskbar after login solved