Windows 10: Desktop black out after the update and even restart its still black out.

Discus and support Desktop black out after the update and even restart its still black out. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Computer: Surface Desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jasonhui1, Oct 11, 2019.

1. jasonhui1 Win User

Desktop black out after the update and even restart its still black out.

Computer: Surface Desktop

:)

jasonhui1, Oct 11, 2019

2. Black Screen after update

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try pour best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to access the desktop.

Method 1:

Step 1: Perform Power Drain and check if you are able to access your desktop screen.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec.
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

Step 2: If you can access the desktop check if your system is functioning as normal. Also check which update got installed in your system, by opening Control Panel and then opening Programs and Features.

Method 2: Inaccessible Desktop.

If you are unable to access the desktop screen and you are stuck on the
    Black Screen,
    then I would suggest that you refer to the article
    Troubleshoot black screen problems provided in the link below and check if you are able to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Desktop black out after the update and even restart its still black out. - Similar Threads - Desktop black update

2. PC Desktop frozen and blacking out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Desktop frozen and blacking out: My work computer suddenly froze midday yesterday. Taskbar hidden. Cursor moves but nothing happens when I click on any desktop icon or right click on desktop. Monitor alternates black out every few second. Ironically, if I "switch user" and log in as my predecessor,...
  3. PC Desktop frozen and blacking out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Desktop frozen and blacking out: My work computer suddenly froze midday yesterday. Taskbar hidden. Cursor moves but nothing happens when I click on any desktop icon or right click on desktop. Monitor alternates black out every few second. Ironically, if I "switch user" and log in as my predecessor,...
  4. India black out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    India black out: the entire country of India and China have stolen your technology, and I'm not sure why you let this happen. But I worked with a dead President and we found pirated software all over the internet. I know the 7 layer networking model and tagged all my packets with my initials,...
  5. computer blacking out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer blacking out: Computer screen randomly blacks out. It has been doing this for a while. I cant click or see anything on the screen, the screen is just black. Once it does it, the fans start spinning like crazy. Checked on my settings, it said there is no issues about the drivers. Updated...
  6. Computer blacks out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer blacks out: My computer is blacking out since windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-blacks-out/ec511391-c9b3-47c0-970e-b484131a5365
  7. Blacking out screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blacking out screen: Recently I went through the update and now my camera app is not showing any image but a blank screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blacking-out-screen/1583ef52-bb9a-4fb6-a64c-3e52ecaa80ed
  8. Monitor black-out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Monitor black-out: All of a sudden the monitor will go black; the computer still runs, but cannot use keyboard or mouse. No error message or code. Only resolution is to shut down and restart. Diagnostics show all is well with all the hardware. Is this a Windows 10 problem or what?...
  9. Monitors blacking out randomly, and staying blacked out until I restart PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitors blacking out randomly, and staying blacked out until I restart PC.: I typically think of myself as a pretty informed/smart person when it comes to computers, their insides, and programming. I can't for the life of me though, figure out this issue that I'm having with my desktop. Occasionally (nothing triggers it, because it's always at a...
  10. Desktop Icons Blacked out

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Blacked out: Hi All, I'm not sure what caused my icons to change see attached screenshot. All was well up until a few minutes ago then poof this happened. Running win 10 build 1809, Haven't installed anything in last few days, so not sure what may have caused this. Tried a refresh of the...