Windows 10: Desktop blue with black bar, but tabs still open.

Discus and support Desktop blue with black bar, but tabs still open. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Ive had this problem multiple times, mostly after playing a fullscreen video game. I will exit out to my desktop mid game with alt tab, or simply close... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Michael Salvat, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Desktop blue with black bar, but tabs still open.

Ive had this problem multiple times, mostly after playing a fullscreen video game. I will exit out to my desktop mid game with alt tab, or simply close the game and my taskbar will be gone and my desktop blue with some strange black bar in the bottom left corner.the bar gives me options to drag/make it bigger like its a tab but doing so does nothing. I can still alt+tab into my open windows but pressing the windows button does nothing and i cant interact with the weird blue at all.It seems something like a safe mode because even the Alt+tab screen is different, being a much simpler white with

:)

Michael Salvat, Aug 2, 2022
  2. ss2020 Win User

Desktop items open Libreoffice; windows bugged and flickering

My mother's PC had the most bizarre bug I've ever seen this morning.

PC specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Version: 1903 when problem occurred (1909 now)

What happened:
    • all desktop items, including folders, opened in Libreoffice Writer; once open it displayed a blank document then began flickering as if it had bugged while scrolling
    • opened Task Manager from the task bar, selecting the second tab opened the final tab, which began flickering like Libreoffice
    • problems stopped after a restart, then occurred again after another restart; then stopped after the PC ran for a short time
    • no error popups or BSODs
    • she said Candycrush reported an error earlier but it didn't occur when I looked at it; she said it mentioned "something about the desktop"

Steps I've taken:
    • did a quick virus scan then reboot scan with Windows Defender; no problems found
    • sfc /scannow; no problems found
    • installed update KB4537572 and upgraded system to 1909; updates appear to have been successful, no other updates available

At the moment the problem has disappeared, but since it reoccurred previously I'm not sure it hasn't been fixed.

I'm out of ideas. What else can I check and what other tests can I run? Based on the given information could anyone suggest what the problem might be?

ss2020, Aug 2, 2022
  3. IE11 - No Tabs, No Favorites Bar

My Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 has gone very strange.

• I have no Favorites Bar; I know how to toggle it on and off, but it will not come back
      • my Favorites are still there in the Favorites Menu bar tab (Menu Bar and Status Bar appears to be the
        only Bars I can turn on and off)
    • I have only one Tab, and can't see any others - even thought they are there somewhere - as the Taskbar Icon preview shows.

Steps I have taken to fix this:

• restored Advanced Settings via Internet Options Advanced - and reboot
    • reset IE11 settings completely via Internet Options Advanced - and reboot
    • removed IE11 completely via CP, Programs and Features, Windows Features - and reboot
    • reinstall IE11 via CP, Programs and Features, Windows Features - and reboot

None of these steps made any difference.

I don't know what else to try.

Any ideas?

NeilCameron1215, Aug 2, 2022
  4. Desktop blue with black bar, but tabs still open.

Black, blue, white vertical bars on desktop, after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about display on Windows 10, as you have predicted this issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files and outdated display drivers.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

• Press Windows + R keys, to open
      Run command.
    • Type cmd and hit Enter to open
      Command Prompt.
    • Type the command "sfc /scannow" without the quotes
      and hit Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 2: Update the display driver

Steps to update the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and click on Update Driver Software.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 2, 2022
Thema:

Desktop blue with black bar, but tabs still open.

1. Desktop blue with black bar, but tabs still open. - Similar Threads - Desktop blue black

2. Tabs on task bar do not open if there are multiple tabs + other issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tabs on task bar do not open if there are multiple tabs + other issues.: This problem only started a week ago after having the PC for a few years with no prior issues. The only thing that I found so far that temporarily fixes the issue is resetting my PC.The main issue I have is that when I have multiple tabs of one kind open for example, 2...
  3. Tabs on task bar do not open if there are multiple tabs + other issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tabs on task bar do not open if there are multiple tabs + other issues.: This problem only started a week ago after having the PC for a few years with no prior issues. The only thing that I found so far that temporarily fixes the issue is resetting my PC.The main issue I have is that when I have multiple tabs of one kind open for example, 2...
  4. Desktop blue with black bar, but tabs still open.

Desktop blue with black bar, but tabs still open.: Ive had this problem multiple times, mostly after playing a fullscreen video game. I will exit out to my desktop mid game with alt tab, or simply close the game and my taskbar will be gone and my desktop blue with some strange black bar in the bottom left corner.the bar gives...
  5. Desktop blue with black bar, but tabs still open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop blue with black bar, but tabs still open.: Ive had this problem multiple times, mostly after playing a fullscreen video game. I will exit out to my desktop mid game with alt tab, or simply close the game and my taskbar will be gone and my desktop blue with some strange black bar in the bottom left corner.the bar gives...
  6. Tabs on task bar do not open if there are multiple tabs + other issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tabs on task bar do not open if there are multiple tabs + other issues.: This problem only started a week ago after having the PC for a few years with no prior issues. The only thing that I found so far that temporarily fixes the issue is resetting my PC. The main issue I have is that when I have multiple tabs of one kind open for example, 2...
  7. Tabs on task bar do not open if there are multiple tabs + other issues.

Tabs on task bar do not open if there are multiple tabs + other issues.: This problem only started a week ago after having the PC for a few years with no prior issues. The only thing that I found so far that temporarily fixes the issue is resetting my PC. The main issue I have is that when I have multiple tabs of one kind open for example, 2...
  8. Black Bar across desktop background

Black Bar across desktop background: Yesterday my wallpaper suddenly was half black on the bottom. It's worked for years but now it doesn't. I recently changed my second monitor, but this happened on my primary. I've restarted many times with no change, except that today the wallpaper is 3/4 black, only being...
  9. Black label bar on tabs

Black label bar on tabs: Does anyone know how to disable this on Windows 10 ? When I hover over any tab it pops up. And it doesn't matter what browser I'm using.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-label-bar-on-tabs/238ac8a3-5924-4226-99be-3d1ab06d8c66
  10. Tab Bar staying open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tab Bar staying open: When I'm gaming, the Tab bar stays at the top of the screen. Its very annoying, when I click and drag near the top of the screen, I often over shoot and hit the bar, making the screen smaller. There seems to be no way to fix this with the settings, and it happened randomly...