Windows 10: Desktop Bluetooth went missing...

Discus and support Desktop Bluetooth went missing... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; About a week ago my MS Sculpt Comfort mouse bluetooth wouldn't work on my desktop. Windows 10 v. 1903 Checking, I found that Bluetooth was missing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DDeuce, Mar 30, 2020.

1. DDeuce Win User

Desktop Bluetooth went missing...

About a week ago my MS Sculpt Comfort mouse bluetooth wouldn't work on my desktop. Windows 10 v. 1903 Checking, I found that Bluetooth was missing entirely and there was no option to turn it on or connect devices. Thinking it was the usb bluetooth adapter I had bought from RadioShack years ago, I ordered a Sabrent usb bluetooth and plugged it in when it arrived...no change. I called Sabrent support and they advised to replace it which I did. New device, no change. I can tell that the usb devices are recognized when plugged in, just no bluetooth.

At one point, Bluetooth was found in Device Mgr, but I followed trbl shooting steps and removed everything. It is not in Hidden devices either. Scan for hardware changes does not bring it back.

:)

DDeuce, Mar 30, 2020

2. Bluetooth icon missing

Hi Peter,

The issue is quite unclear and incomplete for us to determine. We’d like to request for a clarification from your concerns for us to understand you better. To help us provide you an accurate answer, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• Is the Bluetooth icon missing in the Action Center?
    • Is your Bluetooth device currently inserted?
    • Can we have a screenshot of the interface where your Bluetooth went missing?
    • Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To know, press
      Windows + R
      to open the Run window. Type winver
      and press Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

In addition, you can read our forum guidelines here:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums
    to help you phrase and compose your concerns in complete detail to our community.

Your response will be much appreciated.

Johann Eva, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Bluetooth on desktop

Hi Victor,

Kindly reply:

1. Is your Bluetooth enabled?

I suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Change View by from Category
      to Small Icons.
    • Now click on Troubleshooting.
    • On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click
      ok.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Update Bluetooth driver software

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Search for the Bluetooth driver.
    • Right-click on the Bluetooth Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Restart your system.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Berton Win User

bluetooth missing

Your System Specs show you have a Desktop computer, they don't usually come with Bluetooth adapters while Notebooks frequently will have it. On my Notebooks turning off the Wi-Fi also turns off the Bluetooth since both are on the same adapter. My Desktops use accessory Bluetooth dongles plugged into a USB port.

Berton, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Desktop Bluetooth went missing... - Similar Threads - Desktop Bluetooth went

2. Wifi and Bluetooth Icon went missing :/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi and Bluetooth Icon went missing :/: Hello to anyone reading this,I don’t know how to explain this in a formal or professional manner but, today during 11-12 pm, I was in class in the middle of checking my assignments only to suddenly have no internet. I thought that the school WiFi has accidentally powered off...
  3. Wifi and Bluetooth Icon went missing :/

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi and Bluetooth Icon went missing :/: Hello to anyone reading this,I don’t know how to explain this in a formal or professional manner but, today during 11-12 pm, I was in class in the middle of checking my assignments only to suddenly have no internet. I thought that the school WiFi has accidentally powered off...
  4. Bluetooth went missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth went missing: Bluetooth went missing from the action center. When I tried running the Bluetooth troubleshooter, it said Bluetooth is not on this PC. I have always had Bluetooth on my PC running Windows 10. When I went to Bluetooth Support Services it says Bluetooth is running but I can't...
  5. Bluetooth went missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth went missing: Bluetooth went missing from the action center. When I tried running the Bluetooth troubleshooter, it said Bluetooth is not on this PC. I have always had Bluetooth on my PC running Windows 10. When I went to Bluetooth Support Services it says Bluetooth is running but I can't...
  6. Bluetooth went missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Bluetooth suddenly went missing.

Bluetooth suddenly went missing.: I am unable to find the Bluetooth Turn on button on Windows 10. After doing some investigation and doing the following steps I still am not able to resolve it. 1. Ran the Bluetooth troubleshooter and the result said there is no Bluetooth device which is strange as I was...
  8. My desktop files went missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My desktop files went missing: Okay. So I logged in today and my desktop was like a brand new desktop. All the wallpapers were gone. And same goes with my folders. I lost some files. Then I went here and saw this help link....
  9. bluetooth switch went missing

bluetooth switch went missing: So all of a sudden my blue tooth switch went missing and it is not being shown in the device manager hidden section either after i tried uninstalling it. It has happened before but at that time I just installed it from a restore point but this time even the restore system...
  10. Bluetooth Went Missing

Bluetooth Went Missing: Ok here's what happened. My laptop has built in bluetooth on windows 10. It was working fine for awhile but then my mouse yesterday wouldn't move or click anything on my laptop. Its disappeared from the Action Center/Notification bar, and its not on the tab side of the...