Windows 10: Desktop Briefly flashs at startup

Discus and support Desktop Briefly flashs at startup in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; after logging on my computer, it loads my desktop with my background and taskbar. Then starts flashing rapidly between black nothingness and a my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Money_Alternative238, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Desktop Briefly flashs at startup

after logging on my computer, it loads my desktop with my background and taskbar. Then starts flashing rapidly between black nothingness and a my desktop (taskbar flashes glitchily as well)

And then another 30ish seconds it all goes back to normal and the computer works perfectly fine.

submitted by /u/Money_Alternative238
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Money_Alternative238, Dec 12, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Start menu and taskbar options just flash briefly when clicked

Exactly the same problem on an Acer Travelmate 6293 running Windows 10 32 bits
    1) When I click the power icon in the start menu, the sleep/hibernate/restart/shutdown option list pops up for a fraction of a second, then disappears.
    2) The same thing happens when I click on the wireless network icon.The list of available networks flashes briefly, then disappears.
    3) Same with the notification icon: the notifications window flashes briefly then closes.
    The last built of Win 10 witch is functioning is the 14393.
    Has anyone found a solution?

Christian Gilli, Dec 12, 2020
  4. Desktop Briefly flashs at startup

Flashing desktop.

Hi Brain,

We apologize for not being able to address your concern in a timely manner.

I suggest you to uninstall drivers with the exclamation mark in Device Manager and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.
    • Locate the malfunctioning device or device with the exclamation mark in the list of devices, right click on that device, and then click
      Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Right-click your computer name in Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes.
      Device manager scans your system and automatically reinstalls your device.
    Reference: Refer to the following response created by Rohit Chettri on
    Desktop screen flashes on and off.

Desktop screen flashes on and off

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Briefly flashs at startup

1. Desktop Briefly flashs at startup - Similar Threads - Desktop Briefly flashs

2. BLACK SCREEN BRIEFLY UPON STARTUP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BLACK SCREEN BRIEFLY UPON STARTUP: The last few times I have booted up my computer it has taken longer than usual. A black screen appears for about 8 seconds before it successfully boots. I have an SSD drive, so it normally boots very rapidly. I had run Powershell chkdsk /x /f /r and boot up was fine afterward...
  3. Lockdown screen is briefly displayed during startup . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lockdown screen is briefly displayed during startup . . .: I have two Windows 10 computers. The lockdown screen is briefly displayed during startup on one of the computers. On the other computer, the lockdown is not displayed during startup.Where in settings do I go to enable or disable display of the lockdown screen during startup?...
  4. Random Startup Flash

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random Startup Flash: This is just a simple request but I would appreciate it if anybody could help me on this problem. My Windows 10 computer works mostly fine when it boots up, but for some reason it briefly flashes at the beginning, where the screen briefly turns off and then turns back on at...
  5. touchpad not responding, this appears very briefly after startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    touchpad not responding, this appears very briefly after startup: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Terrarian03 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kaxnlx/touchpad_not_responding_this_appears_very_briefly/
  6. Screen Briefly Flashes Black When Starting a Youtube Video.

Screen Briefly Flashes Black When Starting a Youtube Video.: Whenever I start up youtube and click a video on my pc, the screen briefly flashes black, then turns back on. I am wondering if this might be something to do with the computer or the software....
  7. No internet briefly after startup/sleep.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No internet briefly after startup/sleep.: My PC has no internet briefly after startup or when waking up from sleep. When i managed to catch it with troubleshooter it told me i have no ethernet cable connected the seconds later connected to the internet. I tried to disable powersaving mode on the adapter, it had no...
  8. Run / Command Prompt briefly shows and is gone in a flash

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Run / Command Prompt briefly shows and is gone in a flash: Run... I type in the command but when I press enter or OK button the normal Black Background screen flashes and disappears. The command does not run. I have repaired Windows 10 and the problem still exists....
  9. Repeated BSOD Briefly after Startup, ntoskrnl.sys

Repeated BSOD Briefly after Startup, ntoskrnl.sys: Hey all, I upgraded to Win 10 a couple days ago after forcing it to realize that the update was available for download. It had been working fine for a few days, but today my computer crashed several times a few minutes after restarting. The usual process when this happens is...
  10. flashing desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    flashing desktop: I have a Lenovo ideapad S510p touch. Yesterday I went to use it and updates were installing so I waited and waited. After awhile, nothing else happened. I waited some more. Waiting. Nothing. Finally I restarted and after signing in and I just got a flashing half-filled-out...