Windows 10: Desktop BT internet email cessation

Discus and support Desktop BT internet email cessation in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since uploading a Windows 10 upgrade 3 days ago, I am receiving bt internet emails only to my Iphone and no longer to my Desktop. Do I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by charlieew, Aug 23, 2020.

1. charlieew Win User

Desktop BT internet email cessation

Since uploading a Windows 10 upgrade 3 days ago, I am receiving bt internet emails only to my Iphone and no longer to my Desktop. Do I need to re-install something and if so how?

:)

charlieew, Aug 23, 2020
  2. John Sarc Win User

BT Email.

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to know the following:

• Have you done any configurations prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, send us a screenshot.
    • Have you done any troubleshooting so far?
    • What is BT email?

Regards.

John Sarc, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Bert1E Win User
    BT Desktop incompatible with windows 10

It was compatible with first version of Windows 10, but not since the recent upgrade

I get the really spooky message: (I use MS Edge)

Minimum specification

We have detected that you are using an operating system not currently supported by BT Desktop Help. The supported operating systems are :

• Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
    You can upgrade your browser by visiting the
    Microsoft site

• No may not be a computer geek, but even I know that Edge is a long way AFTER IE 6

Bert1E, Aug 23, 2020
  4. SUB
    SuB Win User

Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

Thema:

1. Desktop BT internet email cessation - Similar Threads - Desktop internet email

2. Problems "sending" emails from a BT Internet account on Outlook in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems "sending" emails from a BT Internet account on Outlook in Windows 11: Hi I have 365 and am using it on a laptop and desktop. The problem I have with both is that emails do not "Send" from a BT internet account. Seems fine with Gmail and Outlook accounts. Bt Internet inbox works but sent emails just sit in the Outbox. You can force it by...
  3. Problems "sending" emails from a BT Internet account on Outlook in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems "sending" emails from a BT Internet account on Outlook in Windows 11: Hi I have 365 and am using it on a laptop and desktop. The problem I have with both is that emails do not "Send" from a BT internet account. Seems fine with Gmail and Outlook accounts. Bt Internet inbox works but sent emails just sit in the Outbox. You can force it by...
  4. how do sync my bt email to windows mail

how do sync my bt email to windows mail: how do i sync bt mail to windows mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-sync-my-bt-email-to-windows-mail/01dbd030-ea05-4e79-92bf-e2754190423a
  5. Mail not accepting new password for bt emails

Mail not accepting new password for bt emails: I recently changed the passwords on my BT email account and then tried to link the same e-mails to Microsoft Mail.I went through the routine to add them to the MAIL account and it "seemed" to accept each entry.When I tried to get the mails a triangle pops up and a statement...
  6. suddenly cannot receive email with BT

in Microsoft Office and 365
    suddenly cannot receive email with BT: Hi; I think that what I have is a BT problem but am coming here to see if my issues are recognised by anyone on this forum. I am a BT customer for broadband and email and all has been working well for several years. I use MS Outlook for email and POP not IMAP. Suddenly last...
  7. Emails received from BT internet suddenly now disappear.

Emails received from BT internet suddenly now disappear.: Hello I had never this issue before until now. All emails coming from Btinternet have disappear in my inbox. please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-received-from-bt-internet-suddenly-now/25ae5a26-2e11-408b-921f-cca1387d3987
  8. BT Email account

BT Email account: When I try to syc my emails I get an error code: ox80072ee7 What can I do to fix this? Moved from: Outlook.com / Email / Sending, receiving, and reading email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bt-email-account/458444af-bec7-40ff-acd3-db8fbda576c8
  9. secondary bt email accounts not syncing in mail app

in Browsers and Email
    secondary bt email accounts not syncing in mail app: I am trying to help my pa set up a new linx 1010 tablet. I have linked the main email account but the two secondary accounts have a warning symbol and 'require attention'. When you select the account it says 'still working on it' but nothing seems to happen. these are...
  10. Email not working since migrated from BT to EE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Email not working since migrated from BT to EE: Hi There, a bit of a weird one, migrated from BT to EE for landline and Broadband, now my Outlook and MS Mail don't work at home - all fine in a bar or café... Tried the support line with EE and they are really crap. Had a brainwave this morning and hard-wired the Laptop to...