Windows 10: Desktop bugged and system restore not working

Discus and support Desktop bugged and system restore not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Alrighty, I will start from the beginning. I was making a minecraft texture pack and I had to extract a zipped folder, I accidentally extracted all of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Drqgon, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Drqgon Win User

Desktop bugged and system restore not working

Alrighty, I will start from the beginning. I was making a minecraft texture pack and I had to extract a zipped folder, I accidentally extracted all of the files onto my desktop and my desktop proceeded go blank (other than the backround) i am using windows 10. I have tried to restore my system it had an error saying it didn't work and it failed. When I click on the desktop itself it first goes from the cursor to the loading cursor then the screen goes white (when something doesn't respond) and it reloads it, after like 10 minutes it shows the icons on the desktop (thousands) and i can't do much of anything. I can't open file explorer fyi, if anybody has any idea how to fix this it would be GREATLY appreciated *Biggrin

:)

Drqgon, Oct 18, 2019
  2. ken1943 Win User

System Restore Not Working On A Laptop

Two desktops have System Restore Working and Laptop is not working.

Interesting is they have a System Restore Service and the Laptop Does not.

All three had a clean install of 1607.

Suggestions ?

ken1943, Oct 18, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Oct 18, 2019
  4. Pinchy Win User

windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Turn off system restore in XP altogether...or if you dont want to, AsRocks suggestion should work :\

Pinchy, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Desktop bugged and system restore not working - Similar Threads - Desktop bugged system

2. System Restore not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Restore not working?: Most of my drives were deleted/disappeared for some reason. I've tried everything but nothing would work. So I just decided to System Restore, but the drives I want it to restore cannot be restored because it's deleted. And I want to bring it back by restoring it. Any help?...
  3. System restore not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore not working: The problem is that I can make system restore points but they disappear from the wizard and system volume information>systemrestore folder almost immediately. I know this has been covered in many places over the years but none of those approaches works for me. I have...
  4. System restore is not working...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore is not working...: I am having an issue with my Windows 10 desktop. Starting from the beginning, whenever, I go out of town, I remove my HDD from my desktop, put it in an external case and hide it. I have done this many times without issue. I went out of town and returned on Tuesday. Tuesday...
  5. System restore is not working...

in Windows 10 Support
    System restore is not working...: I am having an issue with my Windows 10 desktop. Starting from the beginning, whenever, I go out of town, I remove my HDD from my desktop, put it in an external case and hide it. I have done this many times without issue. I went out of town and returned on Tuesday. Tuesday...
  6. System Restore not working

System Restore not working: 1) Every windows update system restore gets turned off, why in the world is this happening Mr Microsoft? 2) Now system restore has an error I can't fix as yet, I have tried sfc /scannow chkdsk /f /r what else can I try? system I have is win 10 pro 64 bit...
  7. System Restore not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Restore not Working: I have attempted many times with different restore points to restore my laptop, and everytime I receive the same exact answer: "System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed. Details: An unspecified error occurred...
  8. System Restore not working

System Restore not working: Got a problem with the "Create Restore Point" function, it just hangs up the computer and needs TM to shut it down. This is affecting my Anti-Virus software as well as a software removal program since they both try to create a Restore Point before proceeding. I just tried...
  9. System Restore not working

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore not working: I've tried system restore at couple of points. Every time it goes through it's thing and says "you system did change, file not found, most likely do to anti-virus software. I disable my Kaspersky and still the same thing. It gave an error # 0x8007005. If I need...
  10. System Restore Not Working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Restore Not Working: Sys restore not restoring, can make a new restore point no problems but throws this message when attempting to restore. [img] Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 80065