Windows 10: Desktop, cannot add new folder

Discus and support Desktop, cannot add new folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Right click on desktop Move to "New Folder" Freezes up, cannot add a New Folder to desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KenK8, Feb 22, 2020.

1. KenK8 Win User

Desktop, cannot add new folder

Right click on desktop

Move to "New Folder"

Freezes up, cannot add a New Folder to desktop

:)

KenK8, Feb 22, 2020

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 22, 2020
  3. gudiya#1 Win User
    creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Thanks, the step you mentioned

Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.
    • Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

It's working for me. But my new folder option is not working anywhere not in desktop as well as not in file explorer. Whenever I am placing my cursor on new folder option, its first spinning for few seconds then goes to close the file
    explorer and refresh the desktop once.

gudiya#1, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Desktop, cannot add new folder

Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Desktop, cannot add new folder

1. Desktop, cannot add new folder - Similar Threads - Desktop cannot add

2. Unable to add folders and apps to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add folders and apps to desktop: I've been unable to add folders and apps to my desktop after I decided to delete all the widgets I had previously installed. I've tried resetting my desktop setting and adding shortcuts multiple ways, and I can't get anything to work. Is there a way that I could have set a...
  3. Unable to add folders and apps to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add folders and apps to desktop: I've been unable to add folders and apps to my desktop after I decided to delete all the widgets I had previously installed. I've tried resetting my desktop setting and adding shortcuts multiple ways, and I can't get anything to work. Is there a way that I could have set a...
  4. Cannot send Shortcut to Desktop and cannot create New Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot send Shortcut to Desktop and cannot create New Folders: Hi, I'm using Win 10 Home and have reached the point where I cannot send a shortcut to the Desktop and cannot create new folders. I have checked the system files and found no problems. I'm afraid I'm going to do a reinstall of Windows which scares me. Ztruker asked: You asked...
  5. cannot send shortcut to Desktop and cannot create new folders

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot send shortcut to Desktop and cannot create new folders: Hi all, Appreciate all the welcome posts. I'm using Win 10 Home and have reached the point where I cannot send a shortcut to the Desktop and cannot create new folders. I have checked the system files and found no problems. I'm afraid I'm going to do a reinstall of Windows...
  6. new folder on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    new folder on desktop: every time I make a new folder on the desktop it places it at the top left corner I have everything organized in a certain way but every time I make a new folder or move something to the desktop it goes to the top left corner and messes up all the organizing i had and i have...
  7. cannot create new folder on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot create new folder on desktop: When I right click on the desktop screen and click new folder my screen blanks out then comes back, but am unable to create a new folder. Whats going on here? Thanks for any help. K 131706
  8. New Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Desktop Folder: Since the last Windows update I can no longer create a new file by right clicking and selecting new. The options are there but If I try to do that my computer momentarily freezes then nothing happens. Googling this issue shows I am not alone but I have not yet found a...
  9. Cannot add another desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot add another desktop: I have windows 10. When I go to 'task view' the add desktop+ is on the top (most instructions say its on the bottom). When I click on the add desktop+... I get my present desktop duplicated, all icons and all. The instructions say it ought to be blank. I'd like it to be...
  10. Cannot add new users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot add new users: Hello all, I made the jump from 8.1 to Windows 10. All user accounts and setting seem to have carried over nicely. However, I would like to add an additional account. In Settings->Accounts->Family & other users, there is the button for Add a family member and one for Add...