Windows 10: Desktop cant pick up any sounds

Discus and support Desktop cant pick up any sounds in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I cant pick up any sounds in my headset. It is wired connected but today it doesnt get any souns at all. I tried videos and apps no sounds coming from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jordy.turner59, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Desktop cant pick up any sounds

I cant pick up any sounds in my headset. It is wired connected but today it doesnt get any souns at all. I tried videos and apps no sounds coming from the headset. I check on the sound icon and even I move the slider nothing change. I use the headset on my laptop and it pick sound.

:)

jordy.turner59, Sep 30, 2022
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Muted mic picking up sound in game

Hi JonPaul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the internal mic picking up sound even when the external device is pluuged in. If you have the RealTek HD Audi Manager installed on the machine, I would suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for
    you.

• Open RealTek HD Audio Manager and go to the
      Advanced tab.
    • Check the boxes Separate all input jacks as independent input devices
      and Mute the internal output device, when external headphone is plugged in,
      and hit OK.
    • Exit RealTek HD Audio Manager, restart the machine and see if the issue persists.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Sep 30, 2022
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Desktop cant pick up any sounds :p

cadaveca, Sep 30, 2022
  4. Desktop cant pick up any sounds

sound

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description I understand that you are unable to hear the email notification sound.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Go to Control Panel Items

• Click on Sound.

• Click on Sounds Tab.

• Click on Desktop Mail Notification.

• Click TEST.

• Click OK.
    And check if you are able to hear the email notification sound.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 30, 2022
Thema:

Desktop cant pick up any sounds

1. Desktop cant pick up any sounds - Similar Threads - Desktop cant pick

2. Desktop cant pick up any sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop cant pick up any sounds: I cant pick up any sounds in my headset. It is wired connected but today it doesnt get any souns at all. I tried videos and apps no sounds coming from the headset. I check on the sound icon and even I move the slider nothing change. I use the headset on my laptop and it pick...
  3. Desktop cant pick up any sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop cant pick up any sounds: I cant pick up any sounds in my headset. It is wired connected but today it doesnt get any souns at all. I tried videos and apps no sounds coming from the headset. I check on the sound icon and even I move the slider nothing change. I use the headset on my laptop and it pick...
  4. Mic picking up desktop sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic picking up desktop sounds: Recently after the windows 11 update, my mic has been picking up my desktop sound. My YouTube, zoom Spotify could be heard. I have already updated my Realtek drivers. I also have made sure the "listen to this device" is not checked. I have a Cloud Stinger Core headset. If you...
  5. Mic picking up desktop sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic picking up desktop sounds: Recently after the windows 11 update, my mic has been picking up my desktop sound. My YouTube, zoom Spotify could be heard. I have already updated my Realtek drivers. I also have made sure the "listen to this device" is not checked. I have a Cloud Stinger Core headset. If you...
  6. Mic issues, not picking up any sound

Mic issues, not picking up any sound: I have been having mic problems all today, my mic has not been picking up any sounds. I have tried other headsets but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I have tried the, setting>privacy>microphone thing and it still doesn't work. Is there any solutions?...
  7. Mic is not picking any sound.

Mic is not picking any sound.: Hello everyone. I've been using a set of handsfree for at least 1 year and for the last month, I think around December, my microphone stopped working. No reason at all, one day it just stopped working. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device, I've tried...
  8. Microphone picks up all desktop sound

Microphone picks up all desktop sound: Hi there. I recently bought a new headset Razer Blackshark V2 X to replace my previous headset that broke Logitech G432. The Logitech headset had a USB connection, and worked perfectly. The new Razer headset has a splitter with a seperate input/output aux connection. I also...
  9. Stereo mix not picking up any sound

Stereo mix not picking up any sound: After clearing two google pages of google forum posts it has became clear to me that this is a very common problem, but the common fixes aren't working for me. I want to use stereo mix to output my sound to two different headsets simultaneously, by using "listen to device" on...
  10. Microphone barely picking up any sound

Microphone barely picking up any sound: I have a Lenovo Ideapad L340 and use the built in microphone which is a RealTek , never had an issue with it. Talked with people using my laptop this morning, all good. Went out for lunch, came back and now it barely picks up any sound, nothing changed as far as I know,...