Windows 10: desktop changed without my asking to do such...

Discus and support desktop changed without my asking to do such... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am starting to detest more and more Windows 10... I sure wish Windows XP were still in force! I have a desktop computer... the screen was doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GinoL, Apr 10, 2020.

1. GinoL Win User

desktop changed without my asking to do such...

I am starting to detest more and more Windows 10... I sure wish Windows XP were still in force!

I have a desktop computer... the screen was doing well when all of a sudden it turned white and the icons are on it the way they were... but all of a sudden an image I had on the desktop took over and everything turned "white" and the image I just mentioned took over and changed my blue background wo white and that image is taking over..

I am too bloody old in my late 80's to understand what I need to get my screen back to what it was... I shut my system, reopened it hoping it would get back to normal... no way Josè!

I was thinking that if I were to get my system to go back to the way it was say a week ago or whatever, it might get back to normal... could that be a solution?

Please let me know... I am not a happy camper right now! :- I sure wish Windows XP were still in force!

Thank you in advance...

Gino

:)

GinoL, Apr 10, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue desktop changed without my asking to do such... :p

cadaveca, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 10, 2020
  4. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thema:

1. desktop changed without my asking to do such... - Similar Threads - desktop changed without

2. Onedrive sync in windows 10 deletes desktop files without asking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Onedrive sync in windows 10 deletes desktop files without asking: So confusing and frustrating what OneDrive sync does with desktop files on Windows 10. I have my OneDrive backup set to backup all OneDrive files to the "E" drive letter. So OneDrive sync decides to delete all the files and folders from c:\user\desktop and move them to...
  3. Onedrive sync in windows 10 deletes desktop files without asking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive sync in windows 10 deletes desktop files without asking: So confusing and frustrating what OneDrive sync does with desktop files on Windows 10. I have my OneDrive backup set to backup all OneDrive files to the "E" drive letter. So OneDrive sync decides to delete all the files and folders from c:\user\desktop and move them to...
  4. Onedrive sync in windows 10 deletes desktop files without asking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to connect using Remote Desktop with asking credentials everytime but without a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect using Remote Desktop with asking credentials everytime but without a...: I have a PC which has a good feature: when I use remote desktop to it with RD, it does not show any dialogs for credentials. However, it will always ask credentials when I connect. It is shown as follows.However, I cannot reproduce this feature in any other PCs. I have try so...
  6. How to connect using Remote Desktop with asking credentials everytime but without a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to connect using Remote Desktop with asking credentials everytime but without a...: I have a PC which has a good feature: when I use remote desktop to it with RD, it does not show any dialogs for credentials. However, it will always ask credentials when I connect. It is shown as follows.However, I cannot reproduce this feature in any other PCs. I have try so...
  7. signing in without asking my permission

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    signing in without asking my permission: Hello, my windows OS is not showing the sign in option its just signing in without asking my permission so i need solution for this problem so please provide me the solution as soon as possible. it dosent have any pin or password it just a normal sign in option....
  8. Screen colors changed without my doing anything

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen colors changed without my doing anything: Hello! I had a complimentary financial consultation this morning with a financial planner who shared their screen and mine. They used charts with a green tone to them. At the end of the zoom call I didn't know what happened to my ASUS laptop - everything looked green and my...
  9. Desktop background changing without my authorization?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop background changing without my authorization?: I’m running a virus scan but haven’t found anything. The other day it happened and changed to the main windows theme. Figured it was just a fluke and changed it back. This morning I turned it on and the image was switched to a Star Wars background. As well, my task bar is...
  10. HOW DO I CHANGE MY PASSWORD HINT WITHOUT CHANGING MY PASSWORD???????

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    HOW DO I CHANGE MY PASSWORD HINT WITHOUT CHANGING MY PASSWORD???????: Microsoft locked my account and forced me to change my password! There was no option of entering a password hint. I am older and don't want to change my password again!!!!! How do I change JUST my Password Hint not my password to remind me of my new password???...