Windows 10: Desktop changed

Discus and support Desktop changed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I hope what I am describing makes sense because I don't know how else to say it. On my desktop, I have several icons for what I use the most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Suzantn, May 11, 2016.

1. Suzantn Win User

Desktop changed

Hello, I hope what I am describing makes sense because I don't know how else to say it.
    On my desktop, I have several icons for what I use the most and also at the bottom task bar there are my programs I use daily. Now they are no longer there. I have to use the start button to access everything. For instance if I minimize chrome because i want to go back to a PDF I was looking at, the full screen start screen comes up. I can't just go back to my normal desktop. 2 days ago, it was fine and now it is like this. I even tried to restore to a restore point and that didn't fix it. I have been looking i settings to see if something changed and I can't figure it out. Does anyone else know what the problem is?

Thanks so much,
    Suzanne

:)

Suzantn, May 11, 2016

2. DESKTOP ICONS CHANGED TO GOOGLE

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below questions for better understanding of the issue.

1. What Exactly do you mean by "my files' icons on the desktop(Window 10) changed to Google icons "?

2. What is the file formats of the files in which the issue persists?

3. Are you using a Local account or Microsoft account?

If you are referring to the issue that your files now, open by default with Google, so please follow the below steps to troubleshoot.

1. Press Windows key + I key and open settings.

2. In there, select the System>default apps>choose default apps by file type> there, select the file type and in there select the application you want to open the file with.

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or you need any further assistance.

Amarjeet_Paul, May 11, 2016
  3. DESKTOP ICONS CHANGED TO GOOGLE

Dear Friends,

I noticed some of my files' icons on the desktop(Window 10) changed to Google icons from their original status and; this affected the content of the individual files. An instance is my file for "printing and scanning" changed to google,hence I could not
    scan.

Please, help.

PatrickBiachi, May 11, 2016
  4. mrgeek Win User

Desktop changed

Are you in tablet mode ? Go to Action Center and check.

mrgeek, May 11, 2016
  5. Suzantn Win User
    I did just check this and I was in tablet mode. Not sure how I got there but I fixed it. Thank you so much for your help.

Suzantn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Desktop changed

1. Desktop changed - Similar Threads - Desktop changed

2. how can i change the default username on my new desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i change the default username on my new desktop?: I use my Microsoft account to set up new dell xps laptop. The default username when I use whoami to check in the command line, there is always a letter missing. For example, my name is peter sam, the whoami return "pete", although i really want to get "peter". I check the "My...
  3. how can i change the default username on my new desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i change the default username on my new desktop?: I use my Microsoft account to set up new dell xps laptop. The default username when I use whoami to check in the command line, there is always a letter missing. For example, my name is peter sam, the whoami return "pete", although i really want to get "peter". I check the "My...
  4. How to stop font color from changing on the desktop in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop font color from changing on the desktop in Windows 11: The colors of fonts under my icons on the desktop change without me changing them. I have black without shadowing and it changes to a light blue with shadows. When I reboot the color comes back to what I have chosen in my theme which is black. How to stop the color from...
  5. How to stop font color from changing on the desktop in Windows 11

How to stop font color from changing on the desktop in Windows 11: The colors of fonts under my icons on the desktop change without me changing them. I have black without shadowing and it changes to a light blue with shadows. When I reboot the color comes back to what I have chosen in my theme which is black. How to stop the color from...
  6. KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....: KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting. there is no way to change the taskbar to a solid color anymore You had your desktop and your taskbar had a solid color so you could see your app icons and the time and date. Now you...
  7. KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....

KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....: KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting. there is no way to change the taskbar to a solid color anymore You had your desktop and your taskbar had a solid color so you could see your app icons and the time and date. Now you...
  8. How to change color of text assigned to icons on desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change color of text assigned to icons on desktop?: I have several icons on my desktop and I would like to change a color of text assigned to them, for example : from white to red. I don't want to change anything else, only this part. Is there a functionality on Windows 11 which give such an ability?...
  9. How to change color of text assigned to icons on desktop?

How to change color of text assigned to icons on desktop?: I have several icons on my desktop and I would like to change a color of text assigned to them, for example : from white to red. I don't want to change anything else, only this part. Is there a functionality on Windows 11 which give such an ability?...
  10. desktop icons keep changing place after startup

desktop icons keep changing place after startup: desktop icons keep changing place after startup in Win10, I upgraded it to Win11 also same issueI tried many methods but still https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-keep-changing-place-after-startup/8a414306-7037-43bb-8f1f-68ef784350d0