Windows 10: Desktop changed

Discus and support Desktop changed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I hope what I am describing makes sense because I don't know how else to say it. On my desktop, I have several icons for what I use the most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Suzantn, May 11, 2016.

1. Suzantn Win User

Desktop changed

Hello, I hope what I am describing makes sense because I don't know how else to say it.
    On my desktop, I have several icons for what I use the most and also at the bottom task bar there are my programs I use daily. Now they are no longer there. I have to use the start button to access everything. For instance if I minimize chrome because i want to go back to a PDF I was looking at, the full screen start screen comes up. I can't just go back to my normal desktop. 2 days ago, it was fine and now it is like this. I even tried to restore to a restore point and that didn't fix it. I have been looking i settings to see if something changed and I can't figure it out. Does anyone else know what the problem is?

Thanks so much,
    Suzanne

:)

Suzantn, May 11, 2016

2. DESKTOP ICONS CHANGED TO GOOGLE

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below questions for better understanding of the issue.

1. What Exactly do you mean by "my files' icons on the desktop(Window 10) changed to Google icons "?

2. What is the file formats of the files in which the issue persists?

3. Are you using a Local account or Microsoft account?

If you are referring to the issue that your files now, open by default with Google, so please follow the below steps to troubleshoot.

1. Press Windows key + I key and open settings.

2. In there, select the System>default apps>choose default apps by file type> there, select the file type and in there select the application you want to open the file with.

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or you need any further assistance.

Amarjeet_Paul, May 11, 2016
  3. DESKTOP ICONS CHANGED TO GOOGLE

Dear Friends,

I noticed some of my files' icons on the desktop(Window 10) changed to Google icons from their original status and; this affected the content of the individual files. An instance is my file for "printing and scanning" changed to google,hence I could not
    scan.

Please, help.

PatrickBiachi, May 11, 2016
  4. mrgeek Win User

Desktop changed

Are you in tablet mode ? Go to Action Center and check.

mrgeek, May 11, 2016
  5. Suzantn Win User
    I did just check this and I was in tablet mode. Not sure how I got there but I fixed it. Thank you so much for your help.

Suzantn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Desktop changed

1. Desktop changed - Similar Threads - Desktop changed

2. Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing: I hope I am posting this in the right Forum. For some reason on my computers if I set different Wallpaper it changes to the same on all computers. Why does this happen? The only time I login to Microsoft is Microsoft Store. I thought I was not logged in on my account. Maybe...
  3. How do I get rid of that loud "Alert" chime whenever I try to change the desktop volume in...

How do I get rid of that loud "Alert" chime whenever I try to change the desktop volume in...: How do I get Windows 10 to stop making that loud "Alert" sound when I change the desktop volume? I would prefer it be removed but if it has to be just made softer or something that's ok too...
  4. Possibility for changing which icons appears in taskbar view by selected desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possibility for changing which icons appears in taskbar view by selected desktop: Hi, is there any possibility how to set which "icons" should show in taskbar based on which virtual desktop is choosed? submitted by /u/gogotermixnator [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jhsw43/possibility_for_changing_which_icons_appears_in/
  5. My wallpaper randomly changed by itself along with the size of the desktop icons

My wallpaper randomly changed by itself along with the size of the desktop icons: When I using my desktop, my wallpaper was exactly as I left it. After closing out of my tabs, I quickly noticed that my wallpaper was changed to a very old joke one I had years ago. Mind you, it was an image I no longer had on my hard drive and I had changed my wallpaper many...
  6. How do I change the cover image of a file thats in a folder on the desktop?

How do I change the cover image of a file thats in a folder on the desktop?: I know how to change the cover image of the entire folder, but I can't figure out how to chage the cover image of a particular file in that folder. Is this even possible? How do I? submitted by /u/lowcarson98 [link] [comments]...
  7. Over half of the shortcuts on my desktop are gone, screensaver was changed back to original...

Over half of the shortcuts on my desktop are gone, screensaver was changed back to original...: I’ve just started my computer so there may be other issues that I haven’t seen yet. So far it’s just minor inconveniences but this has never happened before so I’m not sure if this is like a virus or something bad. Has anyone else had this happen? submitted by...
  8. The icons on my desktop got suddenly changed to widescreen

The icons on my desktop got suddenly changed to widescreen: After I tried to open a Windows virtual machine it crashed . I tried it for two times but after that the icons on the pre-installed Windows OS this is not the virtual machine which I added it is the OS which came pre-installed with the laptop got widescreen. Not only this is...
  9. One Drive keeps backing up desktop, documents and pictures despite me changing settings to...

One Drive keeps backing up desktop, documents and pictures despite me changing settings to...: i have clicked manage one drive settings and unchecked these fucking folders 30 times already and nothing works. please fucking help submitted by /u/SnooObjections5461 [link] [comments]...
  10. I accidentally changed Google Chrome desktop to MSN work computer and it's asking for a...

I accidentally changed Google Chrome desktop to MSN work computer and it's asking for a...: At my work computer, I accessed my MSN account and I'm guessing I changed the computer account that was Google Chrome to MSN as my personal information remained there. I did press reset to try to clear out my info. When I try to sign on the system asks for a MSN Password...