Windows 10: desktop changed

Discus and support desktop changed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just did a windows 10 update today. Now most all of my icons are gone....almost like a factory reset. I am not in tablet mode.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ritacatuzzi, Aug 7, 2019.

1. desktop changed

I just did a windows 10 update today. Now most all of my icons are gone....almost like a factory reset. I am not in tablet mode.

:)

ritacatuzzi, Aug 7, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 7, 2019
  3. MCK
    mck Win User
    Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

4. desktop changed

Change the font of my desktop icons

Hi Domi,

Windows 10 make it easier for you to personalize your computer by going to the Settings app. Some options from Control Panel has been moved to the Settings app just to bring all the settings under one roof.

To change your desktop font, you may follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Themes.
    • Under Themes, select Theme settings.
    • On the left pane, click Change desktop icons.
    To change the font size of the icons on your desktop, refer to these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Click View.
    • Select the font size you prefer for your desktop icon.
    Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

desktop changed

1. desktop changed - Similar Threads - desktop changed

2. Remote Desktop Session Changes Background Wallpaper

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Session Changes Background Wallpaper: Hi, Since the latest feature release update in July 2019, I get unexpected behaviour when running Remote Desktop to connect from one Windows 10 Pro PC to another on my local network. The desktop wall paper on the remote machine can be replaced by the wallpaper image on the...
  3. Color has been changed on Desktop. Outlook and other MS program green

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color has been changed on Desktop. Outlook and other MS program green: I was messing around with Display settings on my Desktop, and somehow screwed up some of the color settings. When I open Outlook, all the background details are green, and I think they used to be blue. How do I go back to default settings for color on my desktop? Thanks,...
  4. Changing size of icon font on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing size of icon font on desktop: Hope y'all can help me out. There's a free win.10 utility that you use to change things on win.10. Among the things you can change is icon font size, spacing, etc. You can change all kind of things. Thing is, I once had it and reformatted and lost it. Does anyone know the...
  5. how do I change icon size on desktop

how do I change icon size on desktop: how do I change icon size on desktop? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-icon-size-on-desktop/befff26f-6769-41aa-9350-d428c49e4f13
  6. What can cause the Remote Desktop ID to change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What can cause the Remote Desktop ID to change: Hi, I use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to my computer at home. Because it automatically takes screenshots form the screen I need it to stay logged on and not go to the logon screen after I disconnect the remote connection. Thus I've been using this command line...
  7. Desktop background changing unexpectelly & black buttons

Desktop background changing unexpectelly & black buttons: I set the Background picture to change every day. However the picture is changing in shorter intervals of time. Does anyone had this issue? The symbol of Windows also turned black. I remember it was blue some time ago. Does Windows changed it? 137779
  8. Desktop font has changed can't change it back

Desktop font has changed can't change it back: Hi my desktop font has changed, it also effects programs like steam and some games, doesn't seem to effect edge but effect firefox. I have tried a few things I've read but nothing seem to change it can anyone help? Thanks Tibs...
  9. Can No Longer Change Menu fonts or Desktop icon fonts ?

Can No Longer Change Menu fonts or Desktop icon fonts ?: Although it wasn't nearly as good as the days of changing the system font, there was an area where one could change the size and style (bold, italicized etc) for menus, context menus etc. I can no longer find any way to do this. Is there a way? I'm assuming one still can't...
  10. Desktop photo won't change

Desktop photo won't change: No matter what folder I select and set to randomly change the default image, it seems to stick on the same one. Changing to another folder seems to work for a few changes then that to sticks with one image. If I used the root folder of my photo collection it would have...