Windows 10: Desktop Changed

Discus and support Desktop Changed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Last night I closed my Edge and Desktop had changed to showing tiles instead of my usual Desktop. How do I go back to my usual Desktop with a working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Richard der, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Desktop Changed

Last night I closed my Edge and Desktop had changed to showing tiles instead of my usual Desktop. How do I go back to my usual Desktop with a working Start button to open the tiles?

:)

Richard der, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 1, 2020
  3. MCK
    mck Win User
    Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

4. Desktop Changed

Change the font of my desktop icons

Hi Domi,

Windows 10 make it easier for you to personalize your computer by going to the Settings app. Some options from Control Panel has been moved to the Settings app just to bring all the settings under one roof.

To change your desktop font, you may follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Themes.
    • Under Themes, select Theme settings.
    • On the left pane, click Change desktop icons.
    To change the font size of the icons on your desktop, refer to these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Click View.
    • Select the font size you prefer for your desktop icon.
    Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Changed

1. Desktop Changed - Similar Threads - Desktop Changed

2. How can I change the ICON to a webpage shortcut on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change the ICON to a webpage shortcut on my desktop?: For YEARS I have easily created webpage shortcuts on my desktop by simply dragging the URL to the desktop, and then selected a cute ICON from many downloaded ICO files that helps me quickly visit that website. I was changing some default programs on my WIN10 desktop, and...
  3. how to change desktop theme

in Windows 10 Support
    how to change desktop theme: hi aleykm how can i change the background theme on windows iso 161888
  4. How do I change the font colour of the text below the desktop icons in Windows 10?

How do I change the font colour of the text below the desktop icons in Windows 10?: Hi. I have been facing a problem in my Windows 10 laptop. My desktop background is white and the desktop text is also white. I can't change it. There is a kind of black shadow behind it, but still very difficult to read. Some people said that turning the background solid...
  5. how to change icon size on desktop

how to change icon size on desktop: how do I change icon size on desk top https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-icon-size-on-desktop/b7843bff-0843-401b-a295-3b71ce3068a0
  6. My highlight/selector thing on my desktop changed into a dotted line instead of the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My highlight/selector thing on my desktop changed into a dotted line instead of the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/theUndead8u [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hydoe9/my_highlightselector_thing_on_my_desktop_changed/
  7. the desktop of my hp laptop with windows 10 has changed how do I change it back

the desktop of my hp laptop with windows 10 has changed how do I change it back: the desktop of my hp laptop with windows 10 has changed how do I change it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-desktop-of-my-hp-laptop-with-windows-10-has/520da4c2-4610-4c0c-bae4-e91da00162fc
  8. URL files saved from Firefox to my desktop change link locations when editing file names.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    URL files saved from Firefox to my desktop change link locations when editing file names.: I am unsure if this constitutes as a bug or not, but it is definitely strange Windows 10 behavior. I have a bad habit of browsing YouTube and dragging video titles to my desktop so I can watch them later. I stumbled on this when shortening the file names out of boredom. If...
  9. how do I change wallpaper or screensaver on desktop

how do I change wallpaper or screensaver on desktop: how do I change wallpaper or screensaver on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-wallpaper-or-screensaver-on/33471cd4-a3f7-4636-8ebb-25e7564c26d8
  10. How to change the Desktop Icon font color

How to change the Desktop Icon font color: The font color of desktop icons doesn't change even after trying every solution found on the Internet. I have tried to make the background-color orange and remove the shadows of the texts. [ATTACH] And even after setting the desktop background to white, the font is still...