Windows 10: Desktop Clients Will Not Open if Laptop is Not Connected to WiFi/Internet

Discus and support Desktop Clients Will Not Open if Laptop is Not Connected to WiFi/Internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 on multiple laptops. Issue appears on all the laptops. If I disconnect the laptop from the WiFi/Internet, basically standalone mode,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mike_D_168, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Desktop Clients Will Not Open if Laptop is Not Connected to WiFi/Internet

Running Windows 10 on multiple laptops. Issue appears on all the laptops. If I disconnect the laptop from the WiFi/Internet, basically standalone mode, no desktop clients will open. I try opening Word, Wireshark, Zoom, you name it, none of them will open. As soon as I turn the WiFi back on all the clients open right up like they were waiting in a que. I've rebooted, updated drivers, rolled back drivers, set the BIOS to notice when I'm docked vs not docked, windows updates, deinstalled applications and reinstalled them, reimaged the laptop, and nothing seems to fix this issue.There are ti

:)

Mike_D_168, Jun 1, 2021
  2. karyeowl Win User

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Jun 1, 2021
  3. Samaksh Win User
    Need help with connecting laptop to desktop using ethernet cable

Why don't you choose cheap USB wireless card for your desktop?
    Anyways, if you have Wifi connection on your laptop you can do it with following steps:
    -Connect your laptop and desktop with the internet
    -Jump to connections settings and then adapter settings
    -Click on Wifi adapter and LAN adapter. Click on the right mouse button
    -Select bridge connections.

Samaksh, Jun 1, 2021
  4. belitsky Win User

Desktop Clients Will Not Open if Laptop is Not Connected to WiFi/Internet

How to share internet connection from desktop to wifi through router?

Hey guys,
    can you help me set up home network?
    I have a D-Link Dir-300 router, desktop pc with two network cards on board and notebook with wifi. And internet through local network vpn.

I want to connect internet to my desktop pc (cause it's faster then dir-300 connection) and then to dir-300 from second lan port for wifi sharing.
    And use wifi on notebook.

How should i set up this?

belitsky, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

Desktop Clients Will Not Open if Laptop is Not Connected to WiFi/Internet

1. Desktop Clients Will Not Open if Laptop is Not Connected to WiFi/Internet - Similar Threads - Desktop Clients Open

2. no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi: no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-connection-yet-other-laptop-is/569a755f-0643-4023-8241-6515c96c74e5
  3. no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi: no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-connection-yet-other-laptop-is/569a755f-0643-4023-8241-6515c96c74e5
  4. Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet: I recently bought a new laptop. It has worked perfectly well, until today, when the Internet stopped working. My desktop is connected and working via Ethernet, and my phone is connected and working on the same Wi-Fi network, so I'm pretty sure Windows or the laptop is having...
  5. Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet: I recently bought a new laptop. It has worked perfectly well, until today, when the Internet stopped working. My desktop is connected and working via Ethernet, and my phone is connected and working on the same Wi-Fi network, so I'm pretty sure Windows or the laptop is having...
  6. Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet

7. Laptop connected to the wifi but no internet access

Laptop connected to the wifi but no internet access: I'm using HP Pavilion g6intel i5, 4gb ram. Recently I updated my windows from 7 to 10. After update my windows now i'm facing two problems which are - 1. laptop connected to the wifi but no internet access I disconnect the wifi and again connect the wifi and now i can...
  8. Laptop connects to internet with Wifi, but not ethernet

Laptop connects to internet with Wifi, but not ethernet: Hello, I have been scouring the internet looking for a solution, but I can't find one. My issue is that I can connect to my network and internet perfectly fine with wifi, but when I connect my ethernet cable into my laptop's port, it will show me the correct SSID name for...
  9. Wifi connected but laptop not loading internet

Wifi connected but laptop not loading internet: Hello Have had some issues with my Lenovo Yoga 13 laptop (Windows 10) recently. I installed AVG Tune up which was supposed to speed up my computer. Subsequently, found that it would rarely boot up properly after the log on screen. When it has rarely done so, I have...
  10. Connect laptop to desktop over wifi

Connect laptop to desktop over wifi: Hi! I'm trying to connect my laptop and desktop machine together over wifi; both are Windows 10. My laptop can browse my desktop; but my desktop cannot pick up the laptop. Network discovery and file sharing are turned on; what else can I do? Thank you!...