Windows 10: Desktop clutter

Discus and support Desktop clutter in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't want a cluttering mess of tiles for apps and programs that I don't even want. How do I get back to my own desktop, with icons that I actually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ScottG8, Feb 24, 2019.

1. ScottG8 Win User

Desktop clutter

I don't want a cluttering mess of tiles for apps and programs that I don't even want. How do I get back to my own desktop, with icons that I actually chose and use? I had it all set up, then an update came through and ruined it!

:)

ScottG8, Feb 24, 2019
  2. razaron Win User

desktop clutter question

ive heard that having a cluttered desktop can slow down a computer. im confused as to what it slows down, although i can roughly figure out thats its the harddrive or ram+cpu or both.*Confused Desktop clutter :confused:

if a cluttered desktop does slow a computer down then heres my desktop, is it bad?

razaron, Feb 24, 2019
  3. jPaulB Win User
    Less clutter on the desktop

Hi Everybody,

I wonder if someone can help me figure this out.

I use several desktop icons on a rather cluttered desktop. What I would really like to do is have a single icon that, when selected will open a sub-container that will list a 7 of my graphics program. Another icon would open yet again another sub-container with my 5 writing tools.

ect and ect.

Can this arrangement be done?

Many Thanks,
    jPaul

jPaulB, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Desktop clutter

Less clutter on the desktop

Right click an empty spot on desktop, select New > Folder:

Desktop clutter [​IMG]

Name the new folder as you wish, move desktop shortcuts to it. For instance, name one new folder as GFX Tools, another as Writing Tools and so on.

Thema:

Desktop clutter

1. Desktop clutter - Similar Threads - Desktop clutter

2. HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...: I have no idea what to do I thought I could figure this out but I haven't been on the computer since Windows 7 my phone is about had it so I'm trying to extract valuable audio pictures etc I plug it in I saved what I could in a folder for some reason I was thinking if I put...
  3. HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...: I have no idea what to do I thought I could figure this out but I haven't been on the computer since Windows 7 my phone is about had it so I'm trying to extract valuable audio pictures etc I plug it in I saved what I could in a folder for some reason I was thinking if I put...
  4. Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop: Hi,I had to reinstall W11 a few days ago and, since then, my downloads are appearing in downloads folder and on desktop. If I delete the files from the desktop, they delete from the downloads folder too.I have browsed the Forum and tried a few suggested fixes for similar...
  5. Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop

Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop: Hi,I had to reinstall W11 a few days ago and, since then, my downloads are appearing in downloads folder and on desktop. If I delete the files from the desktop, they delete from the downloads folder too.I have browsed the Forum and tried a few suggested fixes for similar...
  6. Hp slimline desktop keeps crashing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp slimline desktop keeps crashing!: Had a person give me a little hp slimline desktop for free because it keeps crashing at varies times. It will crash within 5 seconds of turning it on, a couple mins, and the longest is about 5 to 10 mins. It just crashes, no error code, no nothing. It has a 256 m.2 that I...
  7. Hp slimline desktop keeps crashing!

Hp slimline desktop keeps crashing!: Had a person give me a little hp slimline desktop for free because it keeps crashing at varies times. It will crash within 5 seconds of turning it on, a couple mins, and the longest is about 5 to 10 mins. It just crashes, no error code, no nothing. It has a 256 m.2 that I...
  8. Two undeletable files using up disk space and cluttering desktop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two undeletable files using up disk space and cluttering desktop.: So I have two really big files that I accidentally copied to my desktop rather than my spare disk for backups. After trying to cut them and paste them onto the backup disk, moving them to the recycling bin by hand and through RMB > Delete, it became obvious that they are just...
  9. HELP!! My desktop is Cluttered!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    HELP!! My desktop is Cluttered!!!: Somehow all my pictures multiplied and are on my desktop (so cluttered!!)...How do I delete my desktop icons when right clicking isnt working? I did system restore and they are still there! I tried right clicking on them but nothing happens I think because its do cluttered...
  10. Less clutter on the desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Less clutter on the desktop: Hi Everybody, I wonder if someone can help me figure this out. I use several desktop icons on a rather cluttered desktop. What I would really like to do is have a single icon that, when selected will open a sub-container that will list a 7 of my graphics program....