Windows 10: Desktop colour not displaying correctly?

Discus and support Desktop colour not displaying correctly? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Colour to the left is the colour I have chosen, but the colour to the left is lighter? I can't figure out why it's like this. I can't see why it should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Shal2650, Oct 21, 2022.

1. Shal2650 Win User

Desktop colour not displaying correctly?

Colour to the left is the colour I have chosen, but the colour to the left is lighter? I can't figure out why it's like this. I can't see why it should be a problem with the screen as my computer can clearly display the colour correctly, just not when it's used for the desktop stuff. Help? The colour isn't displayed correctly anywhere as seen on the calendar, xbox app and email app.

:)

Shal2650, Oct 21, 2022
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Screensaver slideshow does not display correctly whith dual monitors set to "extend desktop"

The images will be repositioned in the Windows Screensaver based on the aspect ratios. Also, if the pictures are taken as portrait and not Landscape they will never fill the entire screen of the screensaver and the result would be a visible display offset.

We suggest that you check the desktop resolution to correct this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click in an open area on your desktop, select Display Setings.
    • Under Display, click on
      Advanced display settings.
    • Try to change the resolution and click on
      Apply
      and on Keep changes.

We also suggest that you check if this issue also occurs using a different user account.

Kindly get back to us so we can assist you further.

Xylee Del, Oct 21, 2022
  3. Try3 Win User
    Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

4. Desktop colour not displaying correctly?

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Oct 21, 2022
Thema:

Desktop colour not displaying correctly?

1. Desktop colour not displaying correctly? - Similar Threads - Desktop colour displaying

2. Desktop display not correct?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop display not correct?: Multiple desktops when adding another desktop the display is not normal. When creating another desktop it doesn't display it correctly as if a corrupted file is there once, I click add on Windows 11?...
  3. Desktop display not correct?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop display not correct?: Multiple desktops when adding another desktop the display is not normal. When creating another desktop it doesn't display it correctly as if a corrupted file is there once, I click add on Windows 11?...
  4. display colour calibration not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display colour calibration not working: When I try to go into display colour calibration, it does not work when I try to adjust anything, the gamma or contrast or brightness, I move the sliders up/down and it doesn't change anything.I'm on a fresh install windows 10 22H2, fully updated with the latest display...
  5. display colour calibration not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    display colour calibration not working: When I try to go into display colour calibration, it does not work when I try to adjust anything, the gamma or contrast or brightness, I move the sliders up/down and it doesn't change anything.I'm on a fresh install windows 10 22H2, fully updated with the latest display...
  6. display colour calibration not working

7. Desktop colour not displaying correctly?

Desktop colour not displaying correctly?: Colour to the left is the colour I have chosen, but the colour to the left is lighter? I can't figure out why it's like this. I can't see why it should be a problem with the screen as my computer can clearly display the colour correctly, just not when it's used for the...
  8. Desktop not displaying correctly

Desktop not displaying correctly: When I turned on my computer, and clicked on refresh the icons disappeared. The screen shows just the desktop background and the Start. There is also white translucent box on the screen that appears on the corner. I restarted it and next time it worked but after shutting down...
  9. background colours correction

background colours correction: I recently asked about changing/correcting background colours... was unable to thank the person who answered me, as I had mistakenly deleted his answer.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-colours-correction/4404cf97-b832-42e7-8a2c-0b7329c63179
  10. Colours are not displaying correctly in Windows programs

Colours are not displaying correctly in Windows programs: When I turned on my PC, I was shocked to see that the background turned black. But I managed to sign in, receiving all Windows programs with changed colours. For instance Word, PowerPoint etc show black instead of white and vise verse. Google Chrome looks almost good but...