Windows 10: Desktop completey changed and nothing works

Discus and support Desktop completey changed and nothing works in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Im really sorry if someone has already made a thread about this but I was recently browsing the internet (on windows 10) when suddenly it crashes then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fraser, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Fraser Win User

Desktop completey changed and nothing works

Im really sorry if someone has already made a thread about this but I was recently browsing the internet (on windows 10) when suddenly it crashes then restarts. Instead of restarting fully it did a disk analysis. It restarted a few times when doing this scan but eventually it finished. When restarting it brought up a completely new desktop picture and had no password. This was completely different to mine. When going onto the desktop there was no taskbar, no recycling bin, but only 4 small white buttons in the bottom right corner. These buttons consist of language, wireless connection, ease of access? and power. None of these buttons seem to do much if nothing. In ease of accses there is a tab saying on screen keyboard and when clicked nothing happens. You cannot right click on the desktop either!!

Please help, ive found this very annoying and really don't want to loose any of my "old" files.

Thanks

:)

Fraser, Sep 1, 2015

2. NOTHING WORKS!!!

Alright, my 8 year old faithful LG laptop breathed its last a few months ago. So my brother bought me two laptops; a HP pavilion g6 and a Dell inspiron. The HP was a second hand already updated to win 10 pro and so was the Dell to win 10 home. The Dell is
    working peacefully enough. I keep that at home and use the HP in college. Now here's where the problem starts. NONE, I repeat, NONE of the universal apps work in the HP laptop!!! Even the fricking calculator! When I launch the app, the starting screen of the
    app comes for a millisecond and then automatically closes itself! Same thing goes for everything - maps, mail, calendar, camera, groove music, movies, YOU NAME IT! And please don't respond with the good for nothing trouble shooter and stuff like that. The
    troubleshooter is a total waste. And I have no antivirus either. At least defender works.

And what the **** is wrong with the edge browser, huh? Does Microsoft think that I have no other business than reloading every page seven or eight times??? No, edge isn't working properly in the Dell either. I happily switched back to Google chrome today
    morning. The only other thing working in the HP laptop is Cortana. And don't suggest windows update either cause it's updated to the latest version; no, not insider build but the production one.

Talking about windows update, who the **** suggested the idea of taking away the choice of asking which updates to install??

I don't think I can put up with this bull**** for long. If this continues, I'll just kiss goodbye to junkows 10 and downgrade.

And before I stop, THE WORST EVER WINDOWS IS HERE!!!

Hope someone is there to give my problems a solution. I couldn't even select a proper subcategory for the question because the complaint is about EVERYTHING. Since it's a mandatory field I selected something.

Brian Franklin, Sep 1, 2015
  3. Gears Of War 4 - Huge problems with the Store\New Update almost two months later i can't play!

Thanks for the answer but nope, alredy tried and does not work. I even completey removed and reinstalled the store using Powershell with no results.

MarioRossi123, Sep 1, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

First, look under C:\Users and see if your account name is still there. If yes then there are some things you can try to recover your original account. This worked for XP, Vista and Win 7. Did not test it on 8, 8.1 or 10.

On my system, my profile is under the one that ends in 1001, yours may be different, check them all.

Within the Key for each SID there is an entry called "ProfileImagePath" that will look like

ProfileImagePath REG_EXPAND_SZ C:\Users\UserName...

Scroll through the SID's until you find the one with the screwy name, like

%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\youruserid.2

This is just an example, could be something else weird.

Just edit the Key to remove the ".2", and it will point the user back to their old profile...

Got this from TechRepublic.com[\url] but it's no longer there.

Ztruker, Sep 1, 2015
  5. Fraser Win User
    I can only access these folders through advanced options then command prompt. Once there I find the program list folder etc but there is only three SIDS 18,19 and 20, none of theme seem out of place, what should I do?

Thanks

Fraser, Sep 1, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Did you look in the registry anyway? For instance, my id on this computer is under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\S-1-5-21-794305362-3819479439-442165928-1001

Ztruker, Sep 2, 2015
  7. Fraser Win User
    Fraser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop completey changed and nothing works - Similar Threads - Desktop completey changed

2. nothing work after a updating folder name change to arabic nothing is work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nothing work after a updating folder name change to arabic nothing is work: Hello dear After Updating a window showed to me i choose my country next ...then nothing work. Desktop folder changed to arabic name so nothing is working. i know microsoft do the best to destory this system thanks for your losing time. we're not working in the same way you...
  3. nothing work after a updating folder name change to arabic nothing is work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nothing work after a updating folder name change to arabic nothing is work: Hello dear After Updating a window showed to me i choose my country next ...then nothing work. Desktop folder changed to arabic name so nothing is working. i know microsoft do the best to destory this system thanks for your losing time. we're not working in the same way you...
  4. Windows update and changed the internet settings on my desktop and now nothing is working....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update and changed the internet settings on my desktop and now nothing is working....: On the 15th Feb windows updated and changed the internet settings on my desktop. Internet and emails would not work. I tried a number of things and nothing worked. I then uninstalled the update that occurred on the night. KB5022834. As soon as I rebooted my computer....
  5. Windows update and changed the internet settings on my desktop and now nothing is working....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update and changed the internet settings on my desktop and now nothing is working....: On the 15th Feb windows updated and changed the internet settings on my desktop. Internet and emails would not work. I tried a number of things and nothing worked. I then uninstalled the update that occurred on the night. KB5022834. As soon as I rebooted my computer....
  6. Windows update and changed the internet settings on my desktop and now nothing is working....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wifi is not working on my desktop. Adapter is enabled but nothing is working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wifi is not working on my desktop. Adapter is enabled but nothing is working.: Good day, Am using a W10 desktop with IntelR Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 I've tried to connect using wifi, it is turned on but cant detect my router. Everything is enabled in device manager but the only thing off is when i check under airplane mode, wifi is grey out. How...
  8. Nothing works on desktop after restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    Nothing works on desktop after restarting: Hello, so this issues started a couple days back out of nowhere. I would turn on my PC for the day to work/game and when I get to the desktop everything loads fine but I'd click a browser and after minutes nothing opens, none of the programs would. I also can't type in...
  9. Completey disable Skype for Business?

Completey disable Skype for Business?: The locked thread does NOT cover my issue. Fresh system, Skype for Business install. First time I started it I got a splash screen telling me I'm to move to use Microsoft Teams. I installed Microsoft Teams. Great, all is well... no problem talking to others that are...
  10. Nothing Changes

Nothing Changes: Quote: Tiffany Morris. March 2011. Microsoft community. “Windows Media Player under Program Files x86 is not working WMP won't open. My media files are defaulted to open using the X86 WMP, which is not working. How do I default the files to make them open with the WMP...