Windows 10: Desktop Computer Crashes

Discus and support Desktop Computer Crashes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My desktop computer crashes after I place it in sleep mode and return after an hour.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by StaceyChin1, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Desktop Computer Crashes

My desktop computer crashes after I place it in sleep mode and return after an hour.

:)

StaceyChin1, Oct 8, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 8, 2019
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Desktop Computer Crashes

computer crash

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would like to know the following information to assist you better.

1. Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

I would also suggest you to follow the below steps to fix the issue.

Step 1: Once you are on the desktop run
    System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow the steps:

SFC scan:

• Press Windows logo + X
    • Select command prompt admin
    • Type ‘sfc /scannow’ (without quotes) and press enter.
    • Restart your computer.
    Refer link:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833.

I suggest you to disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and restart the pc to check if you are able to get to the desktop screen.

I would also suggest you to install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

These crashes were related to memory corruption (Probably caused by a driver).

Step 2: I would suggest you to run these tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

1. Since it is more likely to be a driver issue please run verifier first.

You can refer to the Wi-Ki article for diver verifier.

Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver.

2. If verifier does not find the issue we can move on to the memory test.

You can refer to the Wi-Ki article for Memtest.

Memory problems.

Hope this information is helpful, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Suvarna Govinda, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

Desktop Computer Crashes

1. Desktop Computer Crashes - Similar Threads - Desktop Computer Crashes

2. Crashing to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing to desktop: Anytime I try to play a game it will suddenly crash and kick me out. Sometimes it crashes completely and my screen will freeze. I update windows and my drivers and I've had this PC since the 16th. I have not changed anything in my setting for boost performance. As far as...
  3. Crashing to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashing to desktop: Anytime I try to play a game it will suddenly crash and kick me out. Sometimes it crashes completely and my screen will freeze. I update windows and my drivers and I've had this PC since the 16th. I have not changed anything in my setting for boost performance. As far as...
  4. Computer sometimes crashes on desktop but not in-games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer sometimes crashes on desktop but not in-games.: New PC seems fine for a while but eventually the PC slows down quickly, my screen freezes, a red light sometimes turns on inside my computer and then I hard crash. Computer is still 'running' and I have to press the power button to restart it. I have yet to suffer any issues...
  5. Computer sometimes crashes on desktop but not in-games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer sometimes crashes on desktop but not in-games.: New PC seems fine for a while but eventually the PC slows down quickly, my screen freezes, a red light sometimes turns on inside my computer and then I hard crash. Computer is still 'running' and I have to press the power button to restart it. I have yet to suffer any issues...
  6. computer crashing and desktop/taskbar crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer crashing and desktop/taskbar crashing: I used to have an issue of my pc crashing all the time very briefly before attempting to reboot and not finding the os. Now I have an issue where my desktop and taskbar crash and then reload every few minutes tabbing me out of what I was doing. Also windows settings crashes...
  7. Desktop crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop crashing: Hello. I have a laptop here, it was working fine before. then this morning, it was booted up and the desktop icons and taskbar keep flashing as if I closed the task and restarted it. I ran the sfc /scannow command in admin command prompt, and it fixed some bad files and...
  8. Desktop computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Desktop computer: I would like to have a direct microsoft support phone number Canada. I tried to set up ZOOM for visual contact. I does not work and I found that I have numerous problems on my Windows 7 desktop and Windows 10 portable. I am willing to pay - please, do not suggest Just...
  9. Desktop crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop crash: My desktop which, although I am running Windows 10 with the latest update, is very similar to what I had on previous versions of Windows i. e. a background picture of my own choice and various shortcuts to folders and programs that I use regularly. These are arranged in a...
  10. things crashing to desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    things crashing to desktop: heya i'm wondering if i play gta 5 it goes from time to time back to desktop if i watch anime in full screen you see some time your taskbar popping up in mean while you didn't do anything like moving the mouse tried reinstalling everything doesn't seem to work anyone...