Windows 10: desktop computer locked

Discus and support desktop computer locked in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently changed the memory stick on my desktop computer..now it's asking me for a password i didn't create..it won't even give me a sign... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DBuckery, Mar 23, 2020.

1. DBuckery Win User

desktop computer locked

I recently changed the memory stick on my desktop computer..now it's asking me for a password i didn't create..it won't even give me a sign option....any suggestions?

:)

DBuckery, Mar 23, 2020

2. Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 23, 2020
  3. computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Mar 23, 2020
  4. desktop computer locked

Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

desktop computer locked

1. desktop computer locked - Similar Threads - desktop computer locked

2. Locking the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locking the desktop: In Windows 10, is there a way to lock the positions of the icons on the desktop? It seems that certain small changes can scatter them all over, seemingly at random. It's a bother to manually reposition them all. I've made it a little easier to recover by taking a screen...
  3. Lock the desktop for Zooming

Lock the desktop for Zooming: Dear all, I am using the ctrl + wheel function with my mouse to zoom on pictures I am working with, which is a nice feature. However, often the zoom is happening on the desktop, messing with all my icons. Is there a way to "lock" the desktop / icons size without disabling...
  4. Locked out of desktop

Locked out of desktop: Have been completely lock out of my desktop for no reason tried every thing given me but cannot get in I can sign into my Microsoft account on my iPad ok have tried hard close down its starts in repair mode but it still asking for my password to continue and it will not...
  5. Desktop Won't Lock

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Won't Lock: Under Settings/Sign-in options, I've set the "Require sign-in" option to "When PC wakes up from sleep". Under Settings/Power & sleep, I've set the "Sleep" option to 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, it seems to go to sleep as expected, but when I use mouse movement to wake it,...
  6. Lock files in desktop

Lock files in desktop: Respected Sir, When I save any type of file, folders, JPEG, MP4 files. I watched the locked symbol appear on it. and when I copied these files and want to open in another computer they can't open. How to solve this problem. Thanking You yours sincerely Alok Kumar...
  7. locked desktop

locked desktop: I'm using a Lenovo with windows 10 and when I let the unit sit idle weather it is the desktop or a solitaire game open the mouse cannot close the game or do anything. I have to do the ctl-alt del and either select task master or just hit cancel and then I can begin using the...
  8. Desktop locks instantly

Desktop locks instantly: I had a Windows 10 yesterday. Since then the computer locks if the mouse or keyboard is not used for more than 30 seconds. The computer can be unlocked in the normal manner with pin number. I have tried all the settings, un-installed the upgrade and run a full virus scan, all...
  9. Locked out of desktop

Locked out of desktop: I have locked myself out and tried numerous time to reset and can't figure out how to get logged on my desktop. No matter what emIl I get it does not accept the passcodes I get. How can I get ligged on and take the password off the computer....
  10. locked computer

locked computer: My pc is locked it does not recognise the password,how do I unlock it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-computer/dfdb3327-74ef-42aa-8cbc-1e84de4578c2