Windows 10: Desktop computer loses ability to connect to wifi

Discus and support Desktop computer loses ability to connect to wifi in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a desktop computer with windows 10 that intermittently loses the ability to connect any wifi network. This is independent of the wifi hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CertainCoat, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Desktop computer loses ability to connect to wifi

I have a desktop computer with windows 10 that intermittently loses the ability to connect any wifi network. This is independent of the wifi hardware being used, as I have had the same issue with a usb N300 wifi adapter, a cheap generic usb wifi adapter and the current PCI-E adapter installed. It is also independent of the wifi network as I have had it drop out of connection suddenly with my home wifi and with my phone's hotspot. It will first lose connection with one and then refuse to connect with the other. Then it show no available networks at all. I then turn off the wifi and turn it back on again. This tends to fix it for a while.

I really don't think this is a hardware issue as on a separate drive, I boot up Linux and the system is perfectly stable. It's really only windows that appears to be buggy. For work reasons I need Windows to work though to test out certain things and this is really becoming a tiresome issue.

submitted by /u/CertainCoat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CertainCoat, Nov 30, 2020
  2. AndreTen Win User

Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network

Is that ipv4 pool for DHCP? I usually set fixed IP addresses outside dynamic pool (so above .64 in your case)

Other solutions: like Superfly suggested, new wifi adapter (USB solutions in your case), and found one old HP thread... uninstalling HP hotkeys worked for someone - looks like app was messing with physical key...)

AndreTen, Nov 30, 2020
  3. mynit Win User
    Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network

The router is a Sagemcom B-Box 3 running the ISP's software. It does not have user-accessible logs but I can see what devices are currently connected. When the computer loses internet access, it still shows in the list of connected devices, as I would expect.

The available IPv4 pool is 192.168.1.2-63 and I statically assigned 192.168.1.63 for that last test.

The computer is an HP Elitebook 8460P with a Broadcom BCM43XX wifi adapter. The driver is the latest version.

mynit, Nov 30, 2020
  4. txstoby Win User

Desktop computer loses ability to connect to wifi

Laptop loses wifi connection and often is difficult to connect.

My HP laptop running windows Ten has developed and annoying habit of losing the wifi connection. Often times it will not reconnect or it takes multiple attempts to get it connected. Many times, I can be right next to the router or to the personal hot spot and it will still not connect.
    Many times rebooting will allow me to reconnect, but it is happening multiple times in a day. Any suggestions?

txstoby, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Desktop computer loses ability to connect to wifi

1. Desktop computer loses ability to connect to wifi - Similar Threads - Desktop computer loses

2. How to fix my computer's ability to connect to wifi?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix my computer's ability to connect to wifi?: My computer Windows 11, Dell laptop has stopped connecting to my wifi. Any time I restart my computer it connects to it for a moment, but then seems to automatically disconnect. When I try to open the wifi settings through the task bar or by going through the settings, it...
  3. How to fix my computer's ability to connect to wifi?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix my computer's ability to connect to wifi?: My computer Windows 11, Dell laptop has stopped connecting to my wifi. Any time I restart my computer it connects to it for a moment, but then seems to automatically disconnect. When I try to open the wifi settings through the task bar or by going through the settings, it...
  4. ability to connect to wifi has disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ability to connect to wifi has disappeared: On my Network & Internet Settings, the wifi icon has disappeared. I see Airplane Mode, but I can not select it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ability-to-connect-to-wifi-has-disappeared/8cfe6474-fc05-4373-b531-e47f9d1dfd2f
  5. My laptop loses the ability to connect to wifi completely when downloading large files.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop loses the ability to connect to wifi completely when downloading large files.: As the title says, when i try to download large files such as Steam/Epic/Genshin/..... games or even after using for a few hours (2-3 hour), my computer either loses connection to my home wifi completely and refuses to reconnect or it loses the wifi and mobile hotspot option....
  6. Losing WiFi connection

Losing WiFi connection: Hello, I have an Asus Vivobook laptop, running on Windows 10, and I’ve recently started having problems with the WiFI. When I switch it on, I’m connected to my network. I use the internet and less than 5 minutes later, the signal drops out. When I go on to the networks...
  7. Ability to connect to WiFi is totally gone?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ability to connect to WiFi is totally gone?: This happened about a month ago. I brought my laptop from my room to the living room for the first time that day, and it simply couldn’t connect to the internet. Before I moved the laptop it was working fine. I don't know if that info is necessary, but it might be important....
  8. PC Loses Ability to Find WiFis

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Loses Ability to Find WiFis: With no warning, my PC will become unable to detect any WiFi Networks. Usually, the build-up to this issue ocurring goes as follows: 1. Internet connection to my current WiFi Network 1 will be lost. Other WiFis Network 2 and Network 3 will still show on the list. 2. My...
  9. Losing wifi connection

Losing wifi connection: Both my laptop and PC with windows 10 have been are struggling to with connecting to wifi. It was a few weeks ago after a windows 10 update I started noticing the problem. Try contacting Microsoft tech support and they keep promising a level 2 tech support person will contact...
  10. Lose ability to connect to wifi when I download Cysco Anyconnect with Windows 10

Lose ability to connect to wifi when I download Cysco Anyconnect with Windows 10: I desperately need Cysco Anyconnect for my VPN access to data from a remote location. I have Windows 10. After downloading Cysco Anyconnect I lost the ability to connect to my Wifi network. If I uninstall it the internet works again. Can anyone help?...