Windows 10: Desktop Computer Not Showing Up in Explorer Win 10 After Update

Discus and support Desktop Computer Not Showing Up in Explorer Win 10 After Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My network: Desktop Computer ("Office-10") connected directly to the Router (Amplfi HD Mesh Network). Desktop computer ("Basement") connected via WiFi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ScottNH, Sep 29, 2019.

1. ScottNH Win User

Desktop Computer Not Showing Up in Explorer Win 10 After Update

My network:
    Desktop Computer ("Office-10") connected directly to the Router (Amplfi HD Mesh Network).
    Desktop computer ("Basement") connected via WiFi
    Laptop computer ("Ryan") connected via WiFi
    Various printers/scanners

Everything has been working great, status quo, for months, No changes to any hardware in the system, no changes to BIOS, etc. Everything has been static except for OS changes.

I can no longer see "Office-10" from any of the computers on the network, including "Office-10."
    I can, however, see "Office-10" under Media Devices from each computer on the network. I can also connect to "Basement" and "Ryan" from "Office-10."

Desktop Computer Not Showing Up in Explorer Win 10 After Update [​IMG]

I've tried all the "standard" fixes (Function Discovery Resource Publication, etc.) to no avail. Again, this system was working perfectly for many months, and now "Office-10" is gone.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Scott

:)

ScottNH, Sep 29, 2019

2. Win 10 Upgraded. Desktop icons not showing.

On booting Win 10, Desktop full of icons (I had about 40 icons) flashes momentarily, then goes to the Standard Win 10 screen with various Apps. Thereafter, whenever I access "Desktop" I get a blank blue screen with no icons. Taskbar is present. Have tried
    various solutions suggested on web including:

* Go to Task Manager & reload Explorer

* Use Regedit, Software Windows Explorer DWord = 0

* Check Settings, select 'Show Icons'.

Any other suggestions please.

KeithLinard, Sep 29, 2019
  3. GeorgeD55 Win User
    ethernet computer does not show wifi computer in file explorer network list

My desktop computer is connected to my router with ethernet & does not show my WiFi connected laptop computer in the file explorer network list in the left pane. The desktop computer does list itself in the network list. The laptop shows both computers
    in its network list. This worked a couple weeks ago before a windows 10 update was done on both computers. I've tried just about everything with no luck. What could be the problem?

GeorgeD55, Sep 29, 2019
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Desktop Computer Not Showing Up in Explorer Win 10 After Update - Similar Threads - Desktop Computer Showing

2. iPhone not showing up in Windows Explorer : Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iPhone not showing up in Windows Explorer : Win 11: I routinely plug my iPhone XS into my tower to copy photos across to my desktop. Now it won't show there. Instead I get some irritating Windows app that wants to detect ALL of my many many photos. I DON'T WANT THAT. I want to see my iPhone in the directory tree Exlorer and be...
  3. iPhone not showing up in Windows Explorer : Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iPhone not showing up in Windows Explorer : Win 11: I routinely plug my iPhone XS into my tower to copy photos across to my desktop. Now it won't show there. Instead I get some irritating Windows app that wants to detect ALL of my many many photos. I DON'T WANT THAT. I want to see my iPhone in the directory tree Exlorer and be...
  4. After Win 11 Canary Update -- No Desktop, No File Explorer Functionality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Win 11 Canary Update -- No Desktop, No File Explorer Functionality: No Desktop, No File Explorer FunctionalityWindows 11 Pro Insider Preview64-bit 22H2Image Version 25346.1001SFC and DISM completed successfull.Tried just about everything I could think of to rectify. Multiple times. Reinstalled the image multiple times. Tried safe mode, same...
  5. After Win 11 Canary Update -- No Desktop, No File Explorer Functionality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Win 11 Canary Update -- No Desktop, No File Explorer Functionality: No Desktop, No File Explorer FunctionalityWindows 11 Pro Insider Preview64-bit 22H2Image Version 25346.1001SFC and DISM completed successfull.Tried just about everything I could think of to rectify. Multiple times. Reinstalled the image multiple times. Tried safe mode, same...
  6. Not all items on the desktop shows up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not all items on the desktop shows up in file explorer: How do I get file explorer, when I select the desktop, to show what all is on the desktop, not just those items in my user id desktop folder? Nothing shows up from 'All Users' as it does on the desktop itself....
  7. NAS not showing in Explorer after Win 10 Update - fixed with a solution not found elsewhere

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NAS not showing in Explorer after Win 10 Update - fixed with a solution not found elsewhere: Posting this to share. I use a D-Link NAS on a home workgroup network. I've used the same setup for years back to XP and have encountered various reasons for the various issues. Like many, I've been plagued by problems with the latest raft of Win 10 Updates. The long and...
  8. Win 10 Explorer glitch after 1809 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Explorer glitch after 1809 update.: Hey all. Hopefully someone can help as I've reached the end of kmy knowledge. Computer auto updated to latest version and since it updated I have had an unusable computer. In standard mode the screen flashes repeatedly and none of the icons / start bar respond. It...
  9. Win 10 Not Starting Up after Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Not Starting Up after Update: After doing latest updates of Win 10 where restart was prompted, laptop is not restarting/rebooting. Have gotten the black screen + circle which means 'loading' but nothing beyond that. Have waited 15-20 minutes, the mouse registers movement, but will not advance beyond that....
  10. Internet Explorer not showing since update to Win 10

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer not showing since update to Win 10: Hi all, I have just downloaded the update fromWin 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro on a home built desktop computer. I hadInternet Explorer on the computer (IE11) I think it was! The Edge browserwill not work at " Ancestry.co.uk " it says to use another browser. InternetExplorer...