Windows 10: Desktop computer on a 4k TV Black strips on the side - only fullscreen

Discus and support Desktop computer on a 4k TV Black strips on the side - only fullscreen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Everybody, For my first thread on this forum, I have a little issue with the display of my computer on a 4k TV screen. Actually, windows fits... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Stark19, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Stark19 Win User

Desktop computer on a 4k TV Black strips on the side - only fullscreen

Hello Everybody,

For my first thread on this forum, I have a little issue with the display of my computer on a 4k TV screen.
    Actually, windows fits perfectly on my 4k TV. No black stips.
    However, when I put for example a youtube video on fullscreen, it doesn't cover all the TV, I have two black stips on the sides. (I just verified, some movies I have do the same).
    Please note that on youtube, the advancement bar fits the screen on fullscreen, only the video doesn't.

Any help please.
    Thanks in advance.

:)

Stark19, Jun 23, 2018
  2. Hawkstream, Jun 24, 2018
  3. Automatically moving a fullscreen window onto a new desktop

Hi Joel,

In Windows 10, there is an option to open an app in a fullscreen view. This way, it will be possible for you to make the fullscreen window move to a new desktop. Follow these steps to do so.

• Right click on the application.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click on the Shortcut tab.
    • Beside the Run option, click on the drop-down menu and then choose Maximized.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Jun 24, 2018
  4. Desktop computer on a 4k TV Black strips on the side - only fullscreen

Zoomed Desktop when laptop attached to 4k TV

Hi,

I have recently purchased a new 4k television and sometimes plug my laptop via an HDMI cable to it for gaming. When I connect, the desktop is zoomed in and some games do not run because of this.. Now I had this issue with a standard 1080p TV, it was a simple fix of adjusting the Change the size of text ,apps and other items slide bar under settings/system/display. Games would start working and thedesktop would resume its normal size. But with this 4k TV, the Change of size of text bar and not selectable along with a number of other options, like resolution (I have to do this via the Intel Graphics Control Panel. Some games do not like working whilst the desktop is set to zoom, any ideas what is going on?

Desktop computer on a 4k TV Black strips on the side - only fullscreen [​IMG]

Desktop computer on a 4k TV Black strips on the side - only fullscreen [​IMG]

markread76, Jun 24, 2018
Thema:

Desktop computer on a 4k TV Black strips on the side - only fullscreen

1. Desktop computer on a 4k TV Black strips on the side - only fullscreen - Similar Threads - Desktop computer Black

2. game in fullscreen resolution change to 4k

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game in fullscreen resolution change to 4k: Hi, I connect my laptop to an external monitor using HDMI cable. Both laptop and external monitor resolution is set to 1920x1080 with 120hz refresh rate on the external monitor. Currently I'm using the external monitor as the main display.The problem is whenever I opened some...
  3. App Movies and TV Film & TV; black bars flicker sporadically on playback in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Movies and TV Film & TV; black bars flicker sporadically on playback in fullscreen: while playing movies from my library via the app, the black bars top/bottom tend to flicker on occasion - happens mostly in scenes with a large portion of the screen is filled with a solid colour.Configuration:Windows 10 current release 21H; 64bitAMD B550 Chipset current BIOS...
  4. Is a 4K TV good as a monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is a 4K TV good as a monitor: A 4K 32" monitor would cost me over $400. I can pick up a 4K 42" LCD LED TV for $300. Any reason I should not use the TV as monitor for photoshop and premier pro video editing? I am using a GeForce GTX 1060 6gb GPU.
  5. Laptop HDMI into a 4K TV.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop HDMI into a 4K TV.: I'm trying to hook a (new) laptop into a new 4K TV to use as an external monitor. When I plug the HDMI cord in, Windows recognizes the 2nd monitor with all the settings but no signal shows up on the TV. I lowered the aspect ratio from the 4K TV in the adapter settings to...
  6. PC infinite log in loop only on a 4K TV.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PC infinite log in loop only on a 4K TV.: My problem, stated above, is this: Right now, I'm using a great PC setup with 2 1440p monitors, and I can login perfectly fine. All running normal. But when I hook my PC up to a TV that is 4K, it PC boots up to the log in screen as normal, and instantly I notice the PC...
  7. 4k desktop is cut on the horizontal sides

in Windows 10 Customization
    4k desktop is cut on the horizontal sides: I'm using LG OLED C8. When I set the resolution to 3840, there is black patch on left and right even though the tv's resolution is 3840. When I set it to 4160, it doesn't cut on sides but all fullscreen apps are then cut on the side (like watching videos on youtube). Tried...
  8. 4k TV Black strips on the side - only fullscreen

4k TV Black strips on the side - only fullscreen: Hello Everybody, For my first thread on this forum, I have a little issue with the display of my computer on a 4k TV screen. Actually, windows fits perfectly on my 4k TV. No black stips. However, when I put for example a youtube video on fullscreen, it doesn't cover all the...
  9. Zoomed Desktop when laptop attached to 4k TV

Zoomed Desktop when laptop attached to 4k TV: Hi, I have recently purchased a new 4k television and sometimes plug my laptop via an HDMI cable to it for gaming. When I connect, the desktop is zoomed in and some games do not run because of this.. Now I had this issue with a standard 1080p TV, it was a simple fix of...
  10. 4k tv resolution issue

4k tv resolution issue: I'm running an LG 4k UHD tv with a GTX 1080. The first day I brought it home I was able to set the proper 3840x2160 resolution but then I updated the driver. Now anytime I set that resolution, starting from the standard 1920x1080, I get a black screen. It's not the TV...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows resolution 4k black sides