Windows 10: Desktop computer rumbles on?

Discus and support Desktop computer rumbles on? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a HP Envy desktop running Windows 10 Home 64-bit. It seems to me that whenever I boot up, it is taking an inordinate amount of time for Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by flycaster, Apr 30, 2019.

1. flycaster Win User

Desktop computer rumbles on?

I have a HP Envy desktop running Windows 10 Home 64-bit. It seems to me that whenever I boot up, it is taking an inordinate amount of time for Windows to open up. The computer just keeps rumbling on. And even when Windows does open, the hourglass working icon is present for a seemingly long time preventing anything to open. In fact, even when I get to open the browser, for example, the rumbling often continues for a while. I have tried to use Process Explorer to determine what's happening, but I don't have enough knowledge to really determine who, if anyone, is the culprit. I have Avast Internet Security, Avast Cleanup Premium, Spywareblaster Free, and CCleaner Free. Otherwise, once the rumbling stops, all functions are fine???

:)

flycaster, Apr 30, 2019
  2. sjmurray Win User

Rumble Issues with Xbox One Controller and Windows 10

So I discovered that the rumble on my xbox one controller is not working properly on my desktop. I was using Thumper as a test game and was not getting rumble as I should. I tested it against my laptop where the rumble appears to be working as intended. That also rules out the controller as the issue. I am operating in wired mode so also not that common issue.

Has anyone had this issue, or can they think of a possible fix?

sjmurray, Apr 30, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Desktop computer rumbles on?

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Desktop computer rumbles on?

1. Desktop computer rumbles on? - Similar Threads - Desktop computer rumbles

2. USB Wifi For Desktop Computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Wifi For Desktop Computer?: I have an old dell xps 8100 desktop that i have not used for a while. When i did use it, i use it wired with ethernet connected to the modem or router. But the desktop now is going to be located one floor below it and thus cannot be connected wired via ethernet 1. That...
  3. Unable to boot the computer to desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot the computer to desktop: my windows broke down because of electricity problems and it give me blue dead screen at first the windows was booting right, until the login screen the blue screen appears and restart to recovery. i searched for online solutions and now the windows doesn't even boot :D i...
  4. lost safe certificate for computer desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    lost safe certificate for computer desktop: How to I get a safe certificate for the internet, some how, in working with a telephone tech, mine has disappeared? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-safe-certificate-for-computer-desktop/e2c91087-6d08-48fe-b1ee-2c3d32bdf9fc"
  5. Computer keeps switching back to the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer keeps switching back to the desktop: Why is it doing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-keeps-switching-back-to-the-desktop/0ea18e0d-2035-40b6-a176-8c03967bd2bc
  6. Why is my desktop computer's background image the same as my other desktop computer's...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is my desktop computer's background image the same as my other desktop computer's...: Hello, I noticed today that my living room computer's desktop background is the same as my bedroom computer's background. How was the background able to change without me giving it permission? How does my living room computer have access to my other computer? . I had an...
  7. Bluetooth on Desktop computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth on Desktop computer: I am trying to pair Bluetooth earbuds,headphones and a speaker to my desktop computer.(No not at the same time)just trying to get them to come up on the list.There is not a Bluetooth Icon any where I can find !Tried everything I can think of to get them to pair.Just say's...
  8. Rumble Issues with Xbox One Controller and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rumble Issues with Xbox One Controller and Windows 10: So I discovered that the rumble on my xbox one controller is not working properly on my desktop. I was using Thumper as a test game and was not getting rumble as I should. I tested it against my laptop where the rumble appears to be working as intended. That also rules out...
  9. How to change brightness on a desktop computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change brightness on a desktop computer?: Hi, I was wondering, if anyone knows, how to change brightness on a desktop computer? My monitor is connected via DVI and it does not allow it, it is locked at 50%, but it looks like 100%. I can change color modes via monitor, text is like 25%. but it has to be possible...
  10. Looking at purchasing an HP Slimline desktop computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking at purchasing an HP Slimline desktop computer: I might be looking at purchasing an HP Slimline desktop computer on Friday. The business that i am purchasing it from said that it has a 1TB HD, AMD Athlon processor, and 8GB RAM. He didnt have the model number right off hand. Can y'all tell me which model lines up with...