Windows 10: Desktop computer turns off automatically Windows 10 pro OS

Discus and support Desktop computer turns off automatically Windows 10 pro OS in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a custom desktop that I have Windows 10 pro OS. 2 times it has shut off automatically without warning. I'm worried I have no idea why this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jamesvtre, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Jamesvtre Win User

Desktop computer turns off automatically Windows 10 pro OS

I have a custom desktop that I have Windows 10 pro OS. 2 times it has shut off automatically without warning. I'm worried I have no idea why this is happening. What can be the issue here and what can be done about it to stop this from happening. I don't have an anti virus installed it this ideal I just have the standard anti virus on the Windows 10 pro.

:)

Jamesvtre, Nov 12, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Computer turns on automatically

Hi Lindsay,

Conflicts with the power settings is one of the possible reasons why your computer automatically turns on. To resolve this, we suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps on this

thread
    that was provided by Sirius_21 and Nyima Yonten. Many community members find their post helpful.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Nov 12, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Nov 12, 2019
  4. RCoon Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Desktop computer turns off automatically Windows 10 pro OS - Similar Threads - Desktop computer turns

2. Automatically Hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode Will Not Turn Off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatically Hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode Will Not Turn Off.: I know this initially sounds like an obvious question, as I know I should just hit lock the taskbar but unfortunately, this does not work. When I enable lock the taskbar, it appears when no application is maximized then disappears when an application, like Settings or Chrome,...
  3. Computer Turning Off Automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Turning Off Automatically: So for some reason after like around 10 or 20 minutes, my computer will just turn off randomly without a reason. Any idea what is causing this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turning-off-automatically/407cd294-6809-49a6-bb5e-e623a011b9aa
  4. Computer Turns off automatically during Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Turns off automatically during Windows Update: I use a Thinkpad T440p with Windows 10 on it. As the 20H2 update got released, I got notifications to install it.I tried once and it got stuck at 26%. I didn't mind it and thought that it would continue on. But after sometime when I came to check on it, it had been turned of...
  5. Windows 10 Computer will not Turn Off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Computer will not Turn Off: When I restart or turn off, the computer hangs. Per a variety of fixes I found online, I have used the solutions, but nothing has worked. reinstall windows 10 64 replace C: and did a clean install replaced secondary drive D: in case it was bad ran sfc scannow to Clear...
  6. Windows 10 turns off and on automatically. Shows automatic repair screen but turns off...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 turns off and on automatically. Shows automatic repair screen but turns off...: My Windows 10 lenovo turns off and on automatically. First it shows 'preparing automatic repair' but turns off again before anything comes up. A few times Windows repair blue screen comes up but before I can pick any option it turns off again. At times i also manage to get...
  7. Turn off Automatic Saving to Cloud / Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Turn off Automatic Saving to Cloud / Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Pro: Is there a way to turn off automatic file saving to the Cloud in Windows 10 Pro, I'm seeing that feature in Pro, and not sure if I want to go with Pro if that can not be turned off Also, can turn you off Remote Desktop in Windows 10 as I have done in Windows 7?...
  8. Computer Automatically Turns Off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Automatically Turns Off: Recently my computer has been turning off automatically for seemingly no reason. It doesn't appear to be a problem with the fans or overheating, and it isn't trying to restart or reboot either. I can't figure out what the cause is and it's driving me crazy! Do you have any...
  9. turn off windows 10 desktop history

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn off windows 10 desktop history: Please tell me how I can turn off the desktop display with my history showing. My desktop is erratic, the mouse jumps all over the place, desktop history expands to 9 items on desktop and shrinks if I try to click on it. I just want my regular desktop with no history...
  10. Turn off automatic Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Turn off automatic Windows 10 Updates: Hello. To turn off automatic updates in Windows 10, we basically need to prevent the Windows Update service from running on startup. This can be done by going to Start Menu>type 'Services'>look for a service called 'Windows Update' and double click on it>if it's already...