Windows 10: Desktop crashes when trying to make a new folder.

Discus and support Desktop crashes when trying to make a new folder. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This occurs on the desktop and while in the file explorer. When I right click and attempt to make a new folder, by going onto the "new" drop-menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrysonShishido, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Desktop crashes when trying to make a new folder.

This occurs on the desktop and while in the file explorer.

When I right click and attempt to make a new folder, by going onto the "new" drop-menu the little pop-up box freezes as well as the desktop or file explorer.

The only notable change I have noticed is that I bought and downloaded Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) from the Origin store.

:)

BrysonShishido, Apr 22, 2019

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 22, 2019
  3. gudiya#1 Win User
    creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Thanks, the step you mentioned

Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.
    • Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

It's working for me. But my new folder option is not working anywhere not in desktop as well as not in file explorer. Whenever I am placing my cursor on new folder option, its first spinning for few seconds then goes to close the file
    explorer and refresh the desktop once.

gudiya#1, Apr 22, 2019
  4. Shilohbob Win User

Desktop crashes when trying to make a new folder.

Can not create New Folder in Desktop

When you open 'Properties' for the 'Desktop' folder in your 'Username' and select 'Location' does it show as in image below:

If not select 'Restore Default' (blank out is your 'Username', even if it appears correct still select. (worth a try).

Try create a new folder from desktop!!!

If that does not work try (suggestion):

Rename current desktop folder to 'Desktop1' > create a new 'Desktop' folder > try to create new folder from desktop.

Trying to avoid creating new user profile!!!!!!

Desktop crashes when trying to make a new folder. a8ff5af4-d3b5-4168-a130-2221bedb59e9.png

Shilohbob, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

Desktop crashes when trying to make a new folder.

1. Desktop crashes when trying to make a new folder. - Similar Threads - Desktop crashes trying

2. Paint 3d crashing when trying to make a sticker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3d crashing when trying to make a sticker: Whenever I use the magic select tool and make a sticker, it doesnt show up on the right and then immediately crashes, Ive tried resetting, repairing, uninstalling, literally nothing fixes it, and no other app I know has a cropping option as easy to use as magic select, so...
  3. Paint 3d crashing when trying to make a sticker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint 3d crashing when trying to make a sticker: Whenever I use the magic select tool and make a sticker, it doesnt show up on the right and then immediately crashes, Ive tried resetting, repairing, uninstalling, literally nothing fixes it, and no other app I know has a cropping option as easy to use as magic select, so...
  4. When I create a new folder on the Desktop it doesn't show up on the Desktop folder Desktop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I create a new folder on the Desktop it doesn't show up on the Desktop folder Desktop...: My Desktop Directory C:\Users\abdel\Desktop is empty even though I have files on my Desktop.I recently reset my pc but I am not sure if that's what caused the issue....
  5. 0x8000ffff error when trying to create new desktop shortcut or folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x8000ffff error when trying to create new desktop shortcut or folder: 0x8000ffff error when trying to create new desktop shortcut or folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x8000ffff-error-when-trying-to-create-new-desktop/748078ba-7b8b-4fc8-a804-664092863a33
  6. 0x8000ffff error when trying to create new desktop shortcut or folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x8000ffff error when trying to create new desktop shortcut or folder: 0x8000ffff error when trying to create new desktop shortcut or folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x8000ffff-error-when-trying-to-create-new-desktop/748078ba-7b8b-4fc8-a804-664092863a33
  7. 0x8000ffff error when trying to create new desktop shortcut or folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. error 0x800ffff:catastrophic error when trying to make a new folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    error 0x800ffff:catastrophic error when trying to make a new folder: heyy i am having this problem for 2 days now with my hard drive when i make i try to make a folder a pop up shows with. "error 0x800ffff:catastrophic error when trying to make a new folder .If you continue to receive this error you can use the error to search for help with...
  9. New Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Desktop Folder: Since the last Windows update I can no longer create a new file by right clicking and selecting new. The options are there but If I try to do that my computer momentarily freezes then nothing happens. Googling this issue shows I am not alone but I have not yet found a...
  10. Trying to make invisible desktop folder - options not working?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to make invisible desktop folder - options not working?: Hey, I have been trying to make a desktop folder invisible. I have had invisible folders since XP... On Windows 10 I have an issue of the 'blank icon' being black on my desktop. I just don't get it.. I have tried clearing my thumbnail cache, all the 'blank icon' options,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. My computer crashes when i try adding a folder

2. windows 10 crashes when trying to create new folder

3. desktop crashes when trying to create a new folder