Windows 10: Desktop crashing

Discus and support Desktop crashing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I have a laptop here, it was working fine before. then this morning, it was booted up and the desktop icons and taskbar keep flashing as if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PragmaticBody81, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Desktop crashing

Hello. I have a laptop here, it was working fine before. then this morning, it was booted up and the desktop icons and taskbar keep flashing as if I closed the task and restarted it. I ran the sfc /scannow command in admin command prompt, and it fixed some bad files and nothing changed.

according to the previous user of the laptop, no programs were altered or added prior to this event.

At the time of writing this, we left the laptop alone, and unplugged in hopes that somehow fixes something.

if theres anything we can do on the user-end, please let us know.

thanks

:)

PragmaticBody81, Jun 2, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Desktop Computer Crashes

Hi Sumit,

My new HP desktop computer still crashes. I tried following the steps in the link above, How to do a Disk check of System drive in Windows 10 and interpret the logs...

I am not able to complete or follow the task required to allow you to see what happened with the computer crash. I need an easier step such as a 1 2 3 or and a b c, to-do list in order for me to let you see my System logs.

StaceyChin1, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Desktop crashing

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Desktop crashing

1. Desktop crashing - Similar Threads - Desktop crashing

2. Desktop/windows explorer keeps crashing when right-clicking certain apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop/windows explorer keeps crashing when right-clicking certain apps: When I'm on my desktop, when I right-click certain apps, I can't click anything on the desktop after doing that. It only fixes on restart or restarting windows explorer in task manager. It doesn't even open the menu you get when you right-click. I can still open things in my...
  3. Desktop/windows explorer keeps crashing when right-clicking certain apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop/windows explorer keeps crashing when right-clicking certain apps: When I'm on my desktop, when I right-click certain apps, I can't click anything on the desktop after doing that. It only fixes on restart or restarting windows explorer in task manager. It doesn't even open the menu you get when you right-click. I can still open things in my...
  4. random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard: Hello everyone! I'm having some issues after installing a new Motherboard and CPU into my PC. I switched from a ASUS Prime Z-270K with an Intel i5-7600k to an MSI mpg b550 Gaming Plus with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D. After the switch I had a lot of issues with occasional blue...
  5. random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard: Hello everyone! I'm having some issues after installing a new Motherboard and CPU into my PC. I switched from a ASUS Prime Z-270K with an Intel i5-7600k to an MSI mpg b550 Gaming Plus with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D. After the switch I had a lot of issues with occasional blue...
  6. random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How Do I Solve Windows 11 Refresh/Crash While Right Clicking Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Solve Windows 11 Refresh/Crash While Right Clicking Desktop: Hey!My computer has ran for a few months, and it’s been fine for a bit. Recently, I used RAZER Synapse to clear junk files, and that’s when I think I noticed issues, but I can’t remember if it was before or after using that.Now most of my games are “corrupted” and I also...
  8. How Do I Solve Windows 11 Refresh/Crash While Right Clicking Desktop

How Do I Solve Windows 11 Refresh/Crash While Right Clicking Desktop: Hey!My computer has ran for a few months, and it’s been fine for a bit. Recently, I used RAZER Synapse to clear junk files, and that’s when I think I noticed issues, but I can’t remember if it was before or after using that.Now most of my games are “corrupted” and I also...
  9. How Do I Solve Windows 11 Refresh/Crash While Right Clicking Desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Hp slimline desktop keeps crashing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp slimline desktop keeps crashing!: Had a person give me a little hp slimline desktop for free because it keeps crashing at varies times. It will crash within 5 seconds of turning it on, a couple mins, and the longest is about 5 to 10 mins. It just crashes, no error code, no nothing. It has a 256 m.2 that I...