Windows 10: Desktop custom toolbar issues

Discus and support Desktop custom toolbar issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Most times when I launch my computer, I get this "blank/delay" effect the first time I select one of the desktop toolbar dropdown menus. It can take... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kitpzyxmsir, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Desktop custom toolbar issues

Most times when I launch my computer, I get this "blank/delay" effect the first time I select one of the desktop toolbar dropdown menus. It can take 10+ seconds to load the menu

The red line represents approximately where the right border of the menu would be
    Attachment 96862

Another thing that occurs when selecting one of these toolbar menus, tho less predictably and not necessarily at startup (for this reason, I could not reproduce it for presentation), is that the top of the drop down menu hides under the desktop taskbar, while the remaining part of the menu below displays correctly (not blank).

thanks

------------------------------------------------------------
    Win 10 Pro, Intel Core i5 6500, 16g ram

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Aug 18, 2016

2. Customize Desktop Toolbar

Desktop custom  toolbar issues [​IMG]

See what I mean?

c8a1f2a5-41f1-4c8c-ba29-4bd7ad8a27d9, Aug 18, 2016
  3. Customize Desktop Toolbar

SarahHershberger, Aug 18, 2016
Thema:

Desktop custom toolbar issues

1. Desktop custom toolbar issues - Similar Threads - Desktop custom toolbar

2. Customizing the toolbar in file explorer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customizing the toolbar in file explorer in Windows 11: Since updating to Windows 11 I have found I can no longer customize the toolbar at the top of the file explorer window. I don't normally use some of the new icons there and those I do use frequently are now buried within 2 or 3 levels of menus.For instance the "share" icon is...
  3. ISSUE WITH CUSTOMIZING DESKTOP/TASKBAR

in Windows 10 Customization
    ISSUE WITH CUSTOMIZING DESKTOP/TASKBAR: Just purchased a new ASUS laptop. Had Windows 10 Home S Mode and I successfully changed it to just 10 Home. Started to do my customization, font size, wallpaper, etc. I want to change the color of my task bar but when I go into Settings/Personalization/Colors I can't check...
  4. Photos Toolbar Customization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos Toolbar Customization: Is there a way to edit the toolbar in the photos app? I was wanting to make a shortcut to the save option. Currently, it is only in the dropdown list. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-toolbar-customization/09fba3e6-31ff-4d47-a8c4-feaa6ee03d60
  5. Win10 Desktop Toolbar

Win10 Desktop Toolbar: From Win7 to Win10, I've always used the desktop toolbar and it's always located immediately before the notification area. Since installing the latest updates a few days ago the toolbar has shifted to almost the center of the taskbar and all my amateur efforts to relocate it...
  6. Desktop Icon / Toolbar Issue

Desktop Icon / Toolbar Issue: Hello Community,Firstly I would like to point out that I am a rookie when it comes to computers.When I double click on an specific Icon on the desktop, instead of expanding on the screen it will go to files in the toolbar where it remains. I am unable to maximise it. When I...
  7. How to customize the Toolbar in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to customize the Toolbar in Microsoft Edge: The new Microsoft Edge Chromium browser is gaining popularity among internet surfers. it is compatible with all versions of Windows and Mac operating systems. The enhanced features, speedy performance, have made it best compatible with websites & extensions. Also, it provides...
  8. Custom Toolbar Scaling

Custom Toolbar Scaling: Hi, I run my windows 10 laptop on external monitor using 1920x1080 with 150% scaling. I have added quick launch toolbar to the taskbar. when I disconnect the external monitor, and use my build-in monitor 1366x768 with 100%, all icons on taskbar scale correctly except...
  9. Desktop and toolbar

Desktop and toolbar: I am unable to click on anything in the toolbar at the bottom of my screen and also I can't click on the Windows icon to launch my apps in Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-and-toolbar/e798ad8e-db6f-458b-b49a-bc8335c43588
  10. Metro apps to desktop / custom toolbar (also standard apps)

in Windows 10 Support
    Metro apps to desktop / custom toolbar (also standard apps): Hi there If you want to pin Metro apps / standard apps to desktop / create a custom toolbar with these as CASACADABLE items it's fairly simple. I made a post way back in W8.1 about this --method still works - no reg hacks, XAML knowledge etc needed....