Windows 10: Desktop Customisation - Display clock used on lock screen on desktop when unlocked.

Discus and support Desktop Customisation - Display clock used on lock screen on desktop when unlocked. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'd see the clock that is shown on the lock screen on my desktop, preferably multiple desktops. Any clues? I'm guessing this is not really the place... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tank., Oct 6, 2019.

1. Tank. Win User

Desktop Customisation - Display clock used on lock screen on desktop when unlocked.

I'd see the clock that is shown on the lock screen on my desktop, preferably multiple desktops. Any clues? I'm guessing this is not really the place for this kind of customisation, but any help, suggestions on where else to look?

I'm hoping this could be achieved using some kind of reg edit, but feel like i might need to write an app to do it.

:)

Tank., Oct 6, 2019
  2. cheesy999 Win User

Desktop Customisation Thread

I noticed that although TPU has a lot of space devoted to the customisation of PC's, it has very little in the way of customisation when it comes to the actual software, therefore, i have created this thread so that people can share and discuss the ways they customise the software of their PC.

This includes Desktop backgrounds, Themes, Rainmeter set-ups, even customisations of specific programs, basically customising software in general.

I don't have too much to work with at the moment, but by the end i hope to have a thread full of instructions on how to do just about any modifications or customisation to your software, starting with basic's, all the way over to stuff that should only be considered by the most skilled people.

1)Desktop backgrounds
    This is a list of sites containing many great desktop backgrounds, for now these are just recommendations i got from kierend but if anyone else has any sites just post or PM me and i'll add them
    2)themes
    Just the one for now
    3)Rainmeter
    I will have a more in depth walkthrough later, but for now he're one i did on the UK clubhouse, it shows you how to modify the omnimo theme so instead of the full theme you just get a catalog of gadgets and tools on your desktop

Spoiler: Walkthrough Download this --> http://rainmeter.googlecode.com/files/Rainmeter-2.0.exe, run the installer, select either 32bit or 64, it doesn't matter

download this --> http://www.deviantart.com/download/...o_4_0_for_rainmeter_by_fediafedia-d2mhn7l.zip --> unzip it --> run the setup file

--> the omnimo theme will start, but it will configure your PC in a windows phone 7 like fashion, just select the correct screen resolution, weather code etc, and let it set itself up

Important bit now, right click one of the panel, and go through the menu to :\WP7\background, and click 'BG.INI' to disable it

you will then have a load of free panels floating on your desktop, you can now move them remove them, and somewhere on your desktop will be an arrow in a circle, click this and it will give you a load of new panels to add, which will do a large variety of different features
    Overall, here is a short list i have composed, more will follow later
    Omnimo UI for Rainmeter --> Very customisable, you can do or make basically any desktop you want
    Rainmeter, desktop customization tool

More will follow soon (probably tomorrow as i don't have much time for now, but if anyone wants to add anything please post and share it with us*Smile Desktop Customisation - Display clock used on lock screen on desktop when unlocked. :))

cheesy999, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Swifty Win User
    Desktop unlocking puzzle

I have a GKChain Gatekeeper device. It consists of a USB dongle and a separate battery powered key which I keep on my belt. I suspect the key and dongle communicate via BlueTooth protocol, but I may well be wrong. It makes no difference though.

The USB device locks my desktop when the signal from the key falls below a pre-set level. When the signal comes back, it unlocks my desktop (by knowing my ID and password).

However, the unlocking sequence seems a little erratic. I can approach my PC, and I hear the "Notification" sound, which I presume is associated with the Desktop Unlock event. Usually, the desktop unlocks, as it should. But occasionally, I end up at the login screen instead, and am obliged to select my userid and enter my password. The whole point of installing the Gatekeeper was to avoid having to enter my password... (whilst remaining secure)

It's hard to see what might be going on, as I use the desktop lock/unlock events to trigger a program which turns the display power off/on as appropriate. I'm going to suppress the display off part of my program after I've submitted this thread, in case it sheds light on what's going on.

In the interim, does anyone have any suggestions why I should be getting the sound that I associate with Desktop Unlock, but without the desktop locking?

Might I find some clues in the system Event Log?

Swifty, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Desktop Customisation - Display clock used on lock screen on desktop when unlocked.

Visible clock on desktop screen

I want a small clock to display on windows 10 desktop - top right hand corner - uses little visible space preferably analogue

Suggestions invited please.

Andrew_S_Hatton, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Desktop Customisation - Display clock used on lock screen on desktop when unlocked.

1. Desktop Customisation - Display clock used on lock screen on desktop when unlocked. - Similar Threads - Desktop Customisation Display

2. desktop clock

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop clock: i need a pc clock to alert or call out every hour from[ 9:30am until 3:30pm ] doing the day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-clock/21d8b6a4-5af7-4247-a5d1-467c415688cc
  3. windows 10 lock screen clock, to desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 lock screen clock, to desktop?: submitted by /u/sschardi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g48o9u/windows_10_lock_screen_clock_to_desktop/
  4. Desktop partially displays lock screen wallpaper

Desktop partially displays lock screen wallpaper: Laptop is docked, connected to two monitors. I put it to sleep. I unplug it from the dock and put it in my backpack in preparation for travel the next day. The next time I use it I am not docked. I log in and now the desktop has around the right 1/3 of the screen covered by...
  5. Looking for a way to display clock & weather on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for a way to display clock & weather on desktop: I'm looking for a way to display a simple digital clock and weather on the desktop. Sense Desktop seems to have a decent solution, but even the paid version isn't fully customizable to my liking. Ideally I would like a clock like this and weather like this, but with the...
  6. Lock desktop/environment without using lock screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock desktop/environment without using lock screen?: Win Ver. 1903 Is there any useful software to lock the desktop/environment without using Windows built-in lock screen? I ask because I already have bit-locker enabled for my OS drive and my mass storage drives. I enter the bit-locker key on boot up and have auto-unlock for...
  7. Display, desktop, lock, and timeout

Display, desktop, lock, and timeout: There are 3 different personalized screens I am finding. The standard desktop background, and the lock screen. I am having trouble finding a way to customize this 3rd screen which is a timeout screen that plays a slideshow about a minute after inactivity. I move the mouse or...
  8. Clock and date is not displayed on the lock screen

Clock and date is not displayed on the lock screen: I can not display the date and time on the lock screen. the other options to display on the lock window is fine, no problems, however the date and time is impossible. The device is a SP4. I sent a technical support SP4 MS because I had problems with the clock losing...
  9. 10 Lock Screen Customisation

10 Lock Screen Customisation: I know how to change images on the lock screen as and when but I want to put a independence day laughing skull there, but only have it on a url from you tube, is it possible. 83364
  10. Desktop Clock ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Clock ?: Hi, Have a new pc, the old one was junked. I forgot to copy down the name of this App, stupidly befor getting rid of, but would like to ask here for any possible help. Really liked it a lot. It was a Desktop clock App, but had a zillion options. You could display...