Windows 10: Desktop deleted files are indeed deleted but theirs icons are still showing on the screen

Discus and support Desktop deleted files are indeed deleted but theirs icons are still showing on the screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My gf has a really bizarre bug on her windows 10. Basically when she deletes a file/folder in her desktop, the icon of the file remains appearing but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AmineAZ, Apr 4, 2020.

1. AmineAZ Win User

Desktop deleted files are indeed deleted but theirs icons are still showing on the screen

My gf has a really bizarre bug on her windows 10. Basically when she deletes a file/folder in her desktop, the icon of the file remains appearing but not selectable like an image on top of the screen, we checked that the files indeed go to the recycle bin.

:)

AmineAZ, Apr 4, 2020

2. Cant Delete Files From Desktop

Well, ran into a weird bug with vista, for some reason i cant delete files from desktop, this normaly happens to .exe files, the ONLY fix seems to be to KILL explorer.exe, and delete the file, then restat explorer, anybody got any idea why this happens?

Rebo&Zooty, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Cant Delete Files From Desktop

no x64 support, te x64 version never was made avalable.

and yes, it says the file is in use, If I kill explorer.exe(desktop) i can use explorer to move/delete the files no problems, its a pain tho because then manytimes i gotta log out or restart to get all my stupid tray icons back(some apps dont auto recover)

Rebo&Zooty, Apr 4, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

Desktop deleted files are indeed deleted but theirs icons are still showing on the screen

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Desktop deleted files are indeed deleted but theirs icons are still showing on the screen - Similar Threads - Desktop deleted files

2. Why do deleted files still show on desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do deleted files still show on desktop?: I deleted a zipped file using File Explorer and noticed it was still on my desktop. I right click to delete it but it showed an error probably because it was deleted. A restart made it go away, but I just thought it was weird. I tried with an image and it also happened,...
  3. Why do deleted files still show on desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do deleted files still show on desktop?: I deleted a zipped file using File Explorer and noticed it was still on my desktop. I right click to delete it but it showed an error probably because it was deleted. A restart made it go away, but I just thought it was weird. I tried with an image and it also happened,...
  4. Why do deleted files still show on desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The File/Folder icon is still visible on the screen after deleting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The File/Folder icon is still visible on the screen after deleting: Hello Everybody,In my Windows 10 Home Edition, Today I found that even after deleting any file/folder, it still appears on the screen.I have to refresh the screen every time after which the file/folder icon disappears.Current OS build: 19042.1415Version 20H2 KB5008212Thanks &...
  6. The File/Folder icon is still visible on the screen after deleting

The File/Folder icon is still visible on the screen after deleting: Hello Everybody,In my Windows 10 Home Edition, Today I found that even after deleting any file/folder, it still appears on the screen.I have to refresh the screen every time after which the file/folder icon disappears.Thanks & Regards,Hemant Menaria...
  7. The File/Folder icon is still visible on the screen after deleting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The File/Folder icon is still visible on the screen after deleting: Hello Everybody,In my Windows 10 Home Edition, Today I found that even after deleting any file/folder, it still appears on the screen.I have to refresh the screen every time after which the file/folder icon disappears.Thanks & Regards,Hemant Menaria...
  8. Deleted PDF still shows on Desktop

Deleted PDF still shows on Desktop: I have already deleted a pdf file, however the cached file still appears on my desktop. I can open the file via the graphic interface but not in command prompt. I've tried the following steps:- sfc /scannow in command prompt- del filename in command prompt- shift + delete-...
  9. Deleted folder still showing on desktop

Deleted folder still showing on desktop: I seem to have this problem frequently. I delete a folder from my desktop, and it vanishes as expected. Then, some time later perhaps after the computer has been locked or gone to sleep I find the same folder or folders back on the desktop. Attempting to delete the folder...
  10. Deleting Desktop Icons.

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting Desktop Icons.: I'm a bit uncertain about deleting desktop icons. I recently got two new kinds: downloaded youtube vids got put in desktop with an icon on the desktop. saved .txt files got saved to the desktop with an icon. I think I've found that if I right click and delete the...