Windows 10: Desktop diplay - Apps and other windows

Discus and support Desktop diplay - Apps and other windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I open an app or a menu , the bottom half of the screen often turns white and covers part of the app. This seems to happen more often when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jared145, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Jared145 Win User

Desktop diplay - Apps and other windows

When I open an app or a menu , the bottom half of the screen often turns white and covers part of the app. This seems to happen more often when accessing apps from the search bar which also moves to the top part of the screen when clicked.

I have tried looking on other sites and in the settings but I haven't found any solutions.

Is there a way to solve this?

Thank you

Desktop diplay - Apps and other windows ec2209c9-1403-4ef8-ad2f-e21c7d73b858?upload=true.png

:)

Jared145, Jul 30, 2019

2. connect to wireless diplay

• What is the make and model of your Windows 10 device and Smart TV?
    • asus x550 LA befor the update i was using the wireless diplay, smart tv is hitachi
    • How do you connect your Windows 10 device to your Smart TV? Are you using a streaming device?
    • just start from the tv wireless diplay then from the laptop i open connect from the menu and connect to the tv
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • yes , can't connect to tv
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • remove the device and add it again, reinstall windows 2 times, reinstall video card divers,
    • What is the current OS Build of your Windows 10 PC?
    • windows 10 pro

IskrenStefanov, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Dragging apps to desktop for shortcuys

Hi Lance,

It's possible that some settings are preventing you from adding shortcuts to the desktop. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Does this happen when you try dragging all apps to the desktop, or just a specific app?
    • Are you using an administrator account?
    • Is your computer connected to a private domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps as a workaround:

• Right-click on any empty part of the desktop.
    • Click New > Shortcut.
    • Navigate to the folder location of the app you want and select it.
    • Click OK.

We look forward to your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Desktop diplay - Apps and other windows - Similar Threads - Desktop diplay Apps

2. App Icons showing on other desktop??

in Windows 10 Customization
    App Icons showing on other desktop??: So I have two desktops open the first desktop has google chrome, word, etc. When I switch desktops by pressing ctrl + windows key + right arrow the app icons still show on the other desktop. this is very annoying. here are some screenshots If you are confused here is a...
  3. Kids managed to change the way Windows 10 is diplayed

in Windows 10 Support
    Kids managed to change the way Windows 10 is diplayed: My kids playing with the laptop managed to accidentally totally mess up the way desktop is set up. For starters they switched option for sight impared users which introduced high contrast. I switchged it of and back to normal colors. But now my classick Windows look where...
  4. Keep virtual desktop apps from launching windows in other desktops?

Keep virtual desktop apps from launching windows in other desktops?: In Windows 7's virtual desktops Desktops v2.0, SysInternals when an application running in a virtual desktop launched new applications such as a console app launching a web browser, they would open in that specific virtual desktop and stay away from my "original" desktop. In...
  5. Will other desktop windows apps ever be getting a proper dark mod

Will other desktop windows apps ever be getting a proper dark mod: Here's something that have been bothering me lately, will a Windows 10 update ever give dark mode to other legacy windows desktop apps? Like task manager, control panel and such? I'm liking the dark mode Windows 10 has, but the experience just get shattered when I put up the...
  6. Desktop diplay - Aops and other windows

Desktop diplay - Aops and other windows: When I open an app or a menu (I have attached screenshots as examples), the bottom half of the screen often turns white and covers part of the app. I have tried looking on other sites and in the settings but I haven't found any solutions. Is there a way to solve this?...
  7. Windows 10 diplay on desktop (tiles)

Windows 10 diplay on desktop (tiles): How do I change the display screen from tiles to the appearance from my old desktop home screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-diplay-on-desktop-tiles/5bf0efdb-6fe6-446d-a7be-2785197cd5df
  8. Mutliple desktops, open a copy of app on the desktop I'm using, not in the other desktops...

Mutliple desktops, open a copy of app on the desktop I'm using, not in the other desktops...: Hi everyone, I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise and making more use of the Desktop (Task View) functionality. Maybe I'm using it counter-intuitively, but what I need are desktops organized around the people-facing tasks I do: Desktop 1 is focused on work email, products,...
  9. PNG files not diplaying properly,

PNG files not diplaying properly,: My PNG files no longer display properly. They were working earlier today, nothing changed. This happened once before and I was able to get the images back, but not this time!...
  10. Desktop App disconnected? And other issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop App disconnected? And other issues: Hi, I've came across a weird new Windows issue since the latest update yesterday. When I first turned my PC on my desktop was completely black and my toolbar was flashing but not letting me select anything. I found a thread here on this forum that suggested rebooting in safe...