Windows 10: Desktop directory not valid

Discus and support Desktop directory not valid in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey there. I recently built a pc with a hard disk so I wanted to put the desktop in it. I did it through the properties and moved it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/volicloppo, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Desktop directory not valid

Hey there. I recently built a pc with a hard disk so I wanted to put the desktop in it. I did it through the properties and moved it to H:/User/username/Desktop

Now if I try to open files from the desktop it gives me an error and says that the directory is not valid. If I open it through the desktop folder it opens with no problems, tho. What did I mess up?

submitted by /u/volicloppo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/volicloppo, Feb 6, 2021
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.1

New features!
    • New button icons!
    • New Total selected directory size!
    • Made the Exit button text bigger!
    Download here

Mindweaver, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Desktop directory not valid

Directory Size Utility

Is that the one for download in the original post? You should list the version up for download. *Toast :toast:

stinger608, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Desktop directory not valid

1. Desktop directory not valid - Similar Threads - Desktop directory valid

2. Desktop Directory/Location problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Directory/Location problem: I changed the directory of my desktop to drive D thus merging my desktop with drive D and now all of the folders on Drive D appeared on my Desktop. I tried to change it back to the default location in C:\Users\Pc but now the Pc folder is also gone, and when I click the apply...
  3. Active Directory Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active Directory Desktop: Hi, i will explain the situation.We have 20 people per one pc, In the past we had one windows local user account for those 20 people.. Now they have to start using active directory accounts , so they will have 20 AD account per PC.Everything is set up but the main problem is...
  4. Active Directory Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Directory Desktop: Hi, i will explain the situation.We have 20 people per one pc, In the past we had one windows local user account for those 20 people.. Now they have to start using active directory accounts , so they will have 20 AD account per PC.Everything is set up but the main problem is...
  5. Active Directory Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Desktop directory not valid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop directory not valid: Hey there. I recently built a pc with a hard disk so I wanted to put the desktop in it. I did it through the properties and moved it to H:/User/username/Desktop Now if I try to open files from the desktop it gives me an error and says that the directory is not valid. If I...
  7. Why invalid directory error for Desktop, when it is a valid directory?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why invalid directory error for Desktop, when it is a valid directory?: When I try to open a file that I put on the Desktop, I get an error saying the directory is invalid: [IMG] Here's the story: I don't want onedrive, so I unlinked to my microsoft account, then uninstalled onedrive, then changed the location of Desktop from onedrive which...
  8. Directory not valid

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Directory not valid: I can search and see the document that I need to bring up but when I click on it it says "The directory name isn't valid" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directory-not-valid/06a38702-4a31-471b-a5ea-cf9794a94576
  9. error the directory is not valid ,word 2010

error the directory is not valid ,word 2010: how to recover a word document when error ' the directory name is not valid' ,is shown( word 2010) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-the-directory-is-not-valid-word-2010/d09565b6-f10a-497f-8376-128a19279c5c"
  10. Error: The directory name is not valid.

Error: The directory name is not valid.: Need fix for occasional error message when trying to open a saved file. Message is: The directory name is not valid. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-the-directory-name-is-not-valid/f19e6c00-8664-4893-8713-68f14e8ba2f1"