Windows 10: DESKTOP DISAPPEARED AFTER LAST NIGHT'S UPDATE

Discus and support DESKTOP DISAPPEARED AFTER LAST NIGHT'S UPDATE in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I logged on this morning and everything on my desktop is gone. Windows 10 / 64 Bit This is the update that was installed:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wcw3, Aug 21, 2020.

1. wcw3 Win User

DESKTOP DISAPPEARED AFTER LAST NIGHT'S UPDATE

I logged on this morning and everything on my desktop is gone.

Windows 10 / 64 Bit

This is the update that was installed:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...iability-for-windows-10-versions-1507-to-1909

I have tried the following:

1. Disabled Tablet Mode

2. Made sure desktop icons were showing, clicked refresh, align, etc.

3. I tried removing the update but I don't think that did anything but I don't know if it worked or not since it's still showing as "successfully installed" under the updates section inside Settings.

Please help - this is a HUGE deal - all of my work files are stored on my desktop and if I lose these it's going to cost me weeks of work.

:)

2. Desktop Disappeared After Windows 10 Update

After upgrading to windows 10, my desktop completely disappeared, sometimes it will flash for a micro second. The Desktop folder is still in my folder list and I can access it that way but prefer to have access to my desktop. I saw the other thread where
    it suggested a clean boot, but this did not work. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Jessica23Q, Aug 21, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons disappeared

Hi Kinsley,

• Are you referring to the desktop icons?
    • When did the icons disappear? Did you make any changes to the system Settings?

It's possible that your device is in Tablet mode. I suggest you to turn it off and check if the icons appear. To do so, select the
    Action center icon on the taskbar (the little message box next to the date and time), and then select
    Tablet mode to turn it on or off.

Also refer the following thread which discusses about a similar issue.

Windows 10 - Desktop icons disappeared - I may have hit something that is causing my problem

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the status of the issue to continue assisting you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Rule-R Win User

Desktop shortcuts disappearing

One of the computers i maintain has a few of the desktop shortcuts disappearing now and then. It runs windows 7, and has a shitload of shortcuts on the desktop.

Any idea what might cause this?

Rule-R, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

1. DESKTOP DISAPPEARED AFTER LAST NIGHT'S UPDATE - Similar Threads - DESKTOP DISAPPEARED LAST

2. Windows UpDate From Last Night

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows UpDate From Last Night: This thing is hung up. It reboots and I can get to the basic screen, but about half my icons don't render. Also, on the toolbar, my icons aren't there. The Windows icon in the bottom left corner is black and white and when you hover the mouse over it, you get the blue circle...
  3. Windows 10 Home. Remote Desktop Connection app disappeared last night

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home. Remote Desktop Connection app disappeared last night: I have a couple of users who work at home using Windows 10 Home and today they called in an stated the shortcut they made for Remote Desktop Connection is missing and they are unable to find the software to connect to their work PC. They attempted to download the Microsoft...
  4. Windows update last night

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update last night: Just checkexc what was new after the update applied last night and can't find anything about Microsoft overwriting my personalisations. For instance you have removed my wallpaper and replaced it with a black screen and have changed my screensaver from "Windows 10 is ****" to...
  5. unable to get into my desktop after last nights updates

unable to get into my desktop after last nights updates: last night my computer said it was going to update and shut down. Today I cannot access my desktop computer. It is asking for my product key. This was a download a couple years ago onto my old XP program. I have tried everything and the system will not allow access and wants...
  6. Slow computer after it updated last night

Slow computer after it updated last night: When my computer turned off last night it updated.....which is fine......but today it is REALLY slow!! What do I need to do to speed it up again? It's very frustrating to use for work! Thanks :)...
  7. lastest microsoft update last night

lastest microsoft update last night: Last night my computer updated and when I turned my computer on there are a lot of foreign looking symbols in the place of my shortcuts and on my word documents. I open a new word document and instead of "save" or "home" at the top I get boxes, triangles, question marks...
  8. Did Windows update last night now no network or desktop

Did Windows update last night now no network or desktop: Hi, I have an HP with Windows 7 updated to Windows 10. All has been fine with the computer until i finally did Windows Update last night. That took so long I kept computer and went to bed. This morning I wake up to a computer not opening showing the picture below....
  9. Last nights update failed.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Last nights update failed.: Since last nights update my computer won't take my pin number, says it is wrong. 65051
  10. Black screen after update last night

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after update last night: Hi, This morning Sept 15 after the update to Win 10 1703 x64, 2 computers had a black screen when starting. Came to the blue Windows Logo then went black but with a moveable cursor after hearing open music. I closed them down and restarted them. One has come up...