Windows 10: Desktop disappeared after Windows Update

Discus and support Desktop disappeared after Windows Update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft team, I am sorry to say that you are causing me quite some trouble since your last update as my desktop has disappeared. I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Paul Schilling, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Desktop disappeared after Windows Update

Dear Microsoft team,

I am sorry to say that you are causing me quite some trouble since your last update as my desktop has disappeared. I cannot access it anymore (only see the Apps screen), I don't have any pinned icons/programs anymore in my start bar... frankly, quite impossible to work. Could you please urgently get back to me with a solution.

Best, Paul

:)

Paul Schilling, Sep 17, 2018

2. Desktop Disappeared After Windows 10 Update

After upgrading to windows 10, my desktop completely disappeared, sometimes it will flash for a micro second. The Desktop folder is still in my folder list and I can access it that way but prefer to have access to my desktop. I saw the other thread where
    it suggested a clean boot, but this did not work. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Jessica23Q, Sep 17, 2018
  3. qubit Win User
    Windows Update does it again: Disappearing Desktop Icons

Couple of things:

Disappearing icons during normal use is not something that Windows tends to do, so there's a problem somewhere on your system.

Leaving Windows Update for so long is asking for problems. Set the updater to download critical updates, but install only when you say so. This way, Windows will be kept up to date and the updates will be a lot smaller, reducing the chance of something going wrong.

So, what's infrarecorder?

qubit, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Rule-R Win User

Desktop disappeared after Windows Update

Desktop shortcuts disappearing

One of the computers i maintain has a few of the desktop shortcuts disappearing now and then. It runs windows 7, and has a shitload of shortcuts on the desktop.

Any idea what might cause this?

Rule-R, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Desktop disappeared after Windows Update

1. Desktop disappeared after Windows Update - Similar Threads - Desktop disappeared Update

2. Windows desktop icons disappeared after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows desktop icons disappeared after restart: Hello, my desktop icons disappeared every time after I restart the computer. In this situation, I am not able to open anything, I can only right click of the screen and open the start menu. But if I put the computer to sleep and turn it back on, then all the icons are back...
  3. Windows desktop icons disappeared after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows desktop icons disappeared after restart: Hello, my desktop icons disappeared every time after I restart the computer. In this situation, I am not able to open anything, I can only right click of the screen and open the start menu. But if I put the computer to sleep and turn it back on, then all the icons are back...
  4. Windows desktop icons disappeared after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My desktop files disappeared after windows10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My desktop files disappeared after windows10 update: Hello My desktop files disappeared after windows 10 update. I also, lost my thunderbirds email account setting, as well as most of the shortcuts on the desktop. Fortunately I found my desktop files at the user count folder in drive C. I started over and setup my email on the...
  6. DESKTOP DISAPPEARED AFTER LAST NIGHT'S UPDATE

DESKTOP DISAPPEARED AFTER LAST NIGHT'S UPDATE: I logged on this morning and everything on my desktop is gone. Windows 10 / 64 Bit This is the update that was installed: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023057/update-reliability-for-windows-10-versions-1507-to-1909 I have tried the following: 1. Disabled...
  7. This PC icon on the Desktop disappeared after Win 10 Update

This PC icon on the Desktop disappeared after Win 10 Update: This PC icon on the Desktop disappeared after Win 10 Update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pc-icon-on-the-desktop-disappeared-after-win/64c93af3-4702-46b6-9f20-e54dce7634fd
  8. Icons on the desktop disappeared after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons on the desktop disappeared after update: My Laptop got updated a couple of months ago and all the icons that were on the desktop went missing. There are still available under the desktop folder though. I am not able to bring them back to the desktop screen....
  9. Custom desktop wallpaper disappears after every update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Custom desktop wallpaper disappears after every update: Hi there, I run a small business with 8 computers running Windows 10. Each computer has multiple user accounts and my own administrator account. All users have a custom desktop background with the company logo and I use a different variation of it so I know the Admin...
  10. Desktop disappears after boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop disappears after boot: I've look and can't properly find a solution. My desktop shortcuts appear upon boot but disappear a few seconds later. I need to then right click on View and check show desktop icons (twice for some reason) to get them back. The positions are not affected. Advice much...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop disappeared after update

2. desk top disappears after update

3. after win 10 update desktop disapeard help 2020

4. windows 10 wallpaper disappears,
  5. windows update desktop disappears,
  6. windows 7 desktop icons disappear AFTER CRITICAL UPDATE,
  7. kb4495667 update desktop gone,
  8. Lost wallpaper after Windows update,
  9. windows update desktop has dissapeared,
  10. microsoft update desktop disappeared,
  11. after update user desktop disappeared,