Windows 10: Desktop Disappeared

Discus and support Desktop Disappeared in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; While using Outlook, Word, Acrobat, and working on the web, as usual, I happened to notice that my Desktop was gone. Outlook was working fine, as was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/skywalker505, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Desktop Disappeared

While using Outlook, Word, Acrobat, and working on the web, as usual, I happened to notice that my Desktop was gone. Outlook was working fine, as was Word, Acrobat, and there were no issues with Chrome either. So I closed all the apps I was using and there it was - a totally blank blue screen and no desktop, taskbar, or anything else. I had to shut down with the computer power button and when I restarted everything was back to normal. I ran SFC /scannow, which did now find any corruption. Any ideas as to what might have happened?

submitted by /u/skywalker505
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/skywalker505, Dec 15, 2019

2. Desktop Disappeared After Windows 10 Update

After upgrading to windows 10, my desktop completely disappeared, sometimes it will flash for a micro second. The Desktop folder is still in my folder list and I can access it that way but prefer to have access to my desktop. I saw the other thread where
    it suggested a clean boot, but this did not work. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Jessica23Q, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Rule-R Win User
    Desktop shortcuts disappearing

One of the computers i maintain has a few of the desktop shortcuts disappearing now and then. It runs windows 7, and has a shitload of shortcuts on the desktop.

Any idea what might cause this?

Rule-R, Dec 15, 2019
  4. Desktop Disappeared

Desktop Icons disappeared

Hi Kinsley,

• Are you referring to the desktop icons?
    • When did the icons disappear? Did you make any changes to the system Settings?

It's possible that your device is in Tablet mode. I suggest you to turn it off and check if the icons appear. To do so, select the
    Action center icon on the taskbar (the little message box next to the date and time), and then select
    Tablet mode to turn it on or off.

Also refer the following thread which discusses about a similar issue.

Windows 10 - Desktop icons disappeared - I may have hit something that is causing my problem

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the status of the issue to continue assisting you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

Desktop Disappeared

1. Desktop Disappeared - Similar Threads - Desktop Disappeared

2. Windows 11 taskbar icons disappear after switching desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar icons disappear after switching desktop: I've updated my work laptop to windows 11 recently and i see a very annoying glitch of app icons on taskbar disappearing from time to time see screenshot.The issue is reproduced when switching between desktops Ctrl + Win + Right/Left arrow or trackpad swipe with 4 fingers....
  3. Windows 11 taskbar icons disappear after switching desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 taskbar icons disappear after switching desktop: I've updated my work laptop to windows 11 recently and i see a very annoying glitch of app icons on taskbar disappearing from time to time see screenshot.The issue is reproduced when switching between desktops Ctrl + Win + Right/Left arrow or trackpad swipe with 4 fingers....
  4. Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...: Recycle Bin disappeared on my desktop. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon Settings. The other icons are present, i.e. Network, This PC.I accidentally dragged the icon off my right monitor to the left, but it does not appear on my left monitor. I...
  5. Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...

Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...: Recycle Bin disappeared on my desktop. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon Settings. The other icons are present, i.e. Network, This PC.I accidentally dragged the icon off my right monitor to the left, but it does not appear on my left monitor. I...
  6. Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Folder Disappeared on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Disappeared on Desktop: Hello,I was putting some files into a folder on my desktop. Then, when I wanted to open that folder on desktop, it disappeared. I've tried to add a new file to another folder that I have created using an app and I got an error message, which I can't remember what that was at...
  8. Folder Disappeared on Desktop

Folder Disappeared on Desktop: Hello,I was putting some files into a folder on my desktop. Then, when I wanted to open that folder on desktop, it disappeared. I've tried to add a new file to another folder that I have created using an app and I got an error message, which I can't remember what that was at...
  9. The application icon on the desktop disappears.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The application icon on the desktop disappears.: ,, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-application-icon-on-the-desktop-disappears/a3c0c3ce-96a5-4d6b-91f2-01daa84dc1fe
  10. The application icon on the desktop disappears.

The application icon on the desktop disappears.: ,, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-application-icon-on-the-desktop-disappears/a3c0c3ce-96a5-4d6b-91f2-01daa84dc1fe