Windows 10: Desktop disconnects for 10-20 secs. Every 5-10 mins.

Discus and support Desktop disconnects for 10-20 secs. Every 5-10 mins. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I have noticed it for a little while almost ever since i had gotten my desktop ibuypower w/ some parts I upgraded and I only notice it while gaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lucas M.QC., May 16, 2020.

1. Desktop disconnects for 10-20 secs. Every 5-10 mins.

So I have noticed it for a little while almost ever since i had gotten my desktop ibuypower w/ some parts I upgraded and I only notice it while gaming that my desktop will randomly disconnect for 10-15 seconds and after that has a second shock wave that lasts 1 second, and at this point has gotten on my last nerve. I have watched so many videos on trying to fix it... none of them have worked. I have tried troubleshooting, reseting network through windows, deleting netgear genie and only using its driver happened before getting a700 netgear wifi receiver, turning off power saver, and obviously reseting the router, all in which have not worked for me... only happens on my desktop no other devices. I thought it was my wifi so i purchased an asus a88u router. Also didn’t fix... pls help

:)

Lucas M.QC., May 16, 2020

2. VPN over Internet Sharing interrupted every 5 min 10-20 sec for 15-30sec

I have a Lumia 822 with Windows Phone 8.

I regularly connect from my Windows XP box to my workplace over VPN.

If my Windows XP box is connected to the internet over FiOS (via ethernet or wireless), that VPN connection remains solid for days at a time.

If my Windows XP box is connected to the internet over any number of hotel WiFi networks, that VPN connection remains solid for hours at a time.

In contrast...

If my Windows XP box is connected to the internet via Internet Sharing from my Nokia Lumia 822 on Verizon 4G LTE,

then the VPN connection to my office gets interrupted every 5 min 10 sec to 5 min 20 sec. Very consistent.

And then I have to wait 15-30s before I am able to reconnect my VPN. Pretty consistent.

During that 15-30s that my VPN won't connect, my Internet connection still seems to be up fine... I left a ping running every 5 seconds from another machine on the same shared internet connection and it never gets interrupted.

I posted this on the Verizon forum and they claimed I should look here as similar has been reported here... but my searches here have come up empty. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated as many of the things I do over VPN take longer than 5 min...
    and they die when interrupted.

BrianMK---01, May 16, 2020
  3. 10% Off (up to $20) Desktop Video Cards @ Newegg!

Newegg has a new coupon VGASALE10 that entitles you to save 10% (up to $20) off all Desktop Video Cards.

Examples:

• Gigabyte Radeon HD 4350 512MB $16.50 after $15 Rebate
    • PNY Geforce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB + COD World at War $132 after $30 Rebate
    • HIS Radeon HD 4890 1GB $153 after $20 Rebate
    • PNY GeForce GTX 275 896MB + Call of Duty World at War $180

DanishDevil, May 16, 2020
  4. Lilly_431 Win User

Desktop disconnects for 10-20 secs. Every 5-10 mins.

WMV File on plays 40 secs of a 5 min video

Hi, I stored a 5 minute WMV file on a USB stick (8gb Sandisk - Cruzer Facet ), when I open the WMV file it just plays about 40 secs of the 5 min video. The time bar does show the 5 minutes, it just plays the 40 secs and stops, this is the original file,
    is there anyway I can recover or repair it? The file wasd orignally saved on a windows vista computer.

Lilly_431, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Desktop disconnects for 10-20 secs. Every 5-10 mins.

1. Desktop disconnects for 10-20 secs. Every 5-10 mins. - Similar Threads - Desktop disconnects secs

2. Wifi 6 Laptop disconnects after 5-10 mins

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi 6 Laptop disconnects after 5-10 mins: I have a new Laptop that have Wifi 6 adapter and disconnects from the wifi every 5-10 mins. Any resolutions ypu can provide? I already updated the wifi driver, uninstalled and reinstalled network adapter, Done Network reset, reboot and reset the router....
  3. Wifi 6 Laptop disconnects after 5-10 mins

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi 6 Laptop disconnects after 5-10 mins: I have a new Laptop that have Wifi 6 adapter and disconnects from the wifi every 5-10 mins. Any resolutions ypu can provide? I already updated the wifi driver, uninstalled and reinstalled network adapter, Done Network reset, reboot and reset the router....
  4. Windows 10 shutting down abruptly every 15-20 mins

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 shutting down abruptly every 15-20 mins: I have a new build on which I installed Windows 10. The install was successful. However, I see that the machine shuts down abruptly. I upgraded to Windows 11 and see the same problem. Just recently, I also re-installed Windows 10 to see what could be causing this as I was not...
  5. Multiple BSOD every 5-20 mins.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD every 5-20 mins.: I am getting BSOD with different error like APC, Kernel Check, Page mismatch fltmgr.sys and more.Below is the minidump files. Can you tell me what is causing this.https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8ia16817rvyexu/Minidump.zip?dl=0...
  6. WiFi Disconnecting Every 5-10 Minutes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Disconnecting Every 5-10 Minutes: Hello- I have a Dell G7 laptop with windows 10 installed. When I am on my home wireless network, my computer disconnects itself from the network every 5-10 minutes. I have troubleshooted this problem and tried many methods of fixing it. When I do trouble shoot, I always get...
  7. Computer crashing every 20 mins to restart

Computer crashing every 20 mins to restart: sorry you will be fed up with me. My desktop computer firstly you notice the screen hangs and then the wireless mouse immobilizes itself so you cannot use it then about 2 minutes after this the computer crashes to a restart situation. I have also started it from shut down and...
  8. BSOD about every 5 mins

BSOD about every 5 mins: Getting bsod about every 5 mins and have to reboot to use for about 5 more mins. Pretty sure that it is MB related and hoping your tool will help diag the problem. The bsod happens with both my win 10 OSs after about the same time frame. 120335
  9. Windows 10 keeps restarting every 5 min.

Windows 10 keeps restarting every 5 min.: Currently using a 2007 Alienware went from windows vista to windows 10 32bit and change the processor core 2 duo 2.33ghz to core 2 extreme 3.0 ghz motherboard xfx nforce 680i sli graphics card geforce 480 gtx 6gb ram installed a 1tb hard drive I'm not sure how to fix...
  10. Windows 10, internet connection cuts every 5 mins

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10, internet connection cuts every 5 mins: Hi there guys., I m having this problem with my laptop, just after last update from windows my internet connection restarts every 5 mins, i have tried updating drivers but it seems to be in order.. any ideas of what i could do on this case ? thanks ! and happy...