Windows 10: Desktop display...icon location

Discus and support Desktop display...icon location in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I like to separate my icons into categories. However, recently all icons moved to the left side of the screen and I can not change any icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FredBishopp, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Desktop display...icon location

I like to separate my icons into categories.

However, recently all icons moved to the left side

of the screen and I can not change any icon locations.

How to I correct this so I can relocate the icon position

on the desktop?

:)

FredBishopp, Nov 24, 2018
  2. Nick89 Win User

Program that saves the location of Desktop icons?

Are there any programs that will save the locations of my desktop icons? every time I play a game or my computer goes to sleep they get all f*&^ed up and its pissing me off.

Thanks in advance.

Nick89, Nov 24, 2018
  3. fenurch Win User
    Program that saves the location of Desktop icons?

It would kind of make-sense if in a game you used a lower resolution than your desktop.
    However, the sad news is that I have no idea how to fix it, whether there is a program that saves all your icon locations or why this is happening when your computer goes to sleep.

fenurch, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Desktop display...icon location

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Desktop display...icon location

1. Desktop display...icon location - Similar Threads - Desktop display icon

2. Task View desktop icons display generic icon, not desktop background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task View desktop icons display generic icon, not desktop background: When I click Task View all my desktops don't have the background I set, instead the desktops display generic image icons instead of what the actual desktop background is. How to fix? Thank you!...
  3. Task View desktop icons display generic icon, not desktop background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task View desktop icons display generic icon, not desktop background: When I click Task View all my desktops don't have the background I set, instead the desktops display generic image icons instead of what the actual desktop background is. How to fix? Thank you!...
  4. Error in Displaying icons on desktop screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error in Displaying icons on desktop screen: I have noticed that there is an error while displaying icons on the desktop screen. After the last row of icons, you will find a gap between the taskbar & last icons rowand if you try to add icons in that gap then your current icons position will be changed. This should not...
  5. Error in Displaying icons on desktop screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error in Displaying icons on desktop screen: I have noticed that there is an error while displaying icons on the desktop screen. After the last row of icons, you will find a gap between the taskbar & last icons rowand if you try to add icons in that gap then your current icons position will be changed. This should not...
  6. Icons not displaying on the desktop

Icons not displaying on the desktop: No icons displaying on the desktop. Done all the things, suggested on the internet, Microsoft support and everywhere else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-not-displaying-on-the-desktop/dae075be-a7c2-4932-a998-60e2734684a6
  7. The icon of the desktop in the original location Squeezed underneath it

The icon of the desktop in the original location Squeezed underneath it: Hello, when downloading a file to the desktop or pasting a folder to the desktop, the file will go to the top left corner of the desktop (most of the time), sometimes to the middle of the left side of the screen (a few cases occur) After this problem occurs, the file icon in...
  8. Desktop icons location changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons location changes: Hello everyone, I have a PC running Windows 10 Professional. Since the last 2-3 days I have observed that my desktop icons arrangement changes after I either reboot my PC or take my PC on remote support. I use teamviewer on my PC and frequently access my PC from home. I...
  9. DESKTOP ICON NOT DISPLAYING PROPERLY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DESKTOP ICON NOT DISPLAYING PROPERLY: On window 10 on my laptop 75% of my icons are a little white box with dialogue at the bottom of them to say what they are if I enlarge them they are bigger but still a blank icon Micro Soft has suggested I reinstall windows which I did but everything is still the same...
  10. Unidentified icon displaying on desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unidentified icon displaying on desktop: Today, I noticed a new icon on my Windows 10 Desktop: [ATTACH] If I right-click, no additional choices appear. The icon cannot be expanded. I have been unable to locate any possibly associated processes for this. Any ideas as to what this might be and how to remove...