Windows 10: Desktop display is dim after brought back from sleep

Discus and support Desktop display is dim after brought back from sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My display for my desktop is dim every time the computer is brought back from sleep mode. The only information I can find only pertains to laptop users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ZachKacir, Nov 16, 2020.

1. ZachKacir Win User

Desktop display is dim after brought back from sleep

My display for my desktop is dim every time the computer is brought back from sleep mode. The only information I can find only pertains to laptop users with adaptive brightness controls. The only work around is to shut down the computer every time instead of using sleep mode. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. All my drivers are up to date.

:)

ZachKacir, Nov 16, 2020
  2. Joan Pin Win User

display dimming

Hi,

There's a possibility that this issue is due to the Display settings of your device. For us to isolate your concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Is it only happening when you connect your device to Windows 10?
    • If it's not connected, have you noticed certain activities wherein the screen dims automatically?
    • Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Joan Pin, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Desktop display is dim after brought back from sleep

Dim Desktop Monitor when no windows open

I followed the steps you suggested. The troubleshooter noted and made two changes. It changed the Power Plan from High Performance to Balanced and it reduced the screen turn off time from 30 minutes to 10 minutes. After rebooting, the same problem occurs.
    No change to the screen dimming.

I did notice that, among the items that it checked but did not change was, "Time before display dims is too long" . However, I cannot find anywhere that I can set the time before the display dims. The only display options under PowerOptions>Edit Plan Settings>Advanced
    Settings>+Display are to set the time before the display turns off and enabling adaptive brightness.

NeilSantos, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Desktop display is dim after brought back from sleep

1. Desktop display is dim after brought back from sleep - Similar Threads - Desktop display dim

2. Display dim after 20s

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display dim after 20s: Hi!Since some update ago my display dims after exactly 20 seconds of inactivity. In fact, it does not dim, this seems to be a software effect. The reason why I make this deduction is because all of the background lowers in brightness but the mouse pointer stays the same...
  3. Display dim after 20s

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display dim after 20s: Hi!Since some update ago my display dims after exactly 20 seconds of inactivity. In fact, it does not dim, this seems to be a software effect. The reason why I make this deduction is because all of the background lowers in brightness but the mouse pointer stays the same...
  4. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display auto-dim: The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers & the system up-to-date, and changed power options in Control Panel; but still doesn't work. This started happening on...
  5. Display came back on randomly after Sleep , PC is set to ' Never ' sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display came back on randomly after Sleep , PC is set to ' Never ' sleep.: I have encountered a weird problem, it's related to Sleep. I have configured my Power Options Turn off the Display : 3 minutes Put the Computer to sleep : Never after 3 minutes of inactivity, my monitor randomly would turn back on like how ones wake a pc with a mouse...
  6. Task bar and desktop appears dim after sleep

Task bar and desktop appears dim after sleep: I have a strange problem. When ever I leave my computer and it goes into hibernation or if I put it to sleep manually, the task bar, desktop and mouse cursor appears very dim. It's like the whole screen is very dim but if I open Google Chrome for example the actual website...
  7. Display Automatic Dimming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display Automatic Dimming: If I try to watch a video on my laptop, the screen will automatically dim its contrast once the mouse icon disappears. How do I get this automatic diming and dulling of the display screen to remain as vibrant as it should be....
  8. Getting back to desktop from sleep/hibernation?

Getting back to desktop from sleep/hibernation?: When my computer goes to sleep or hibernates it starts showing pictures from my picture file and I don't know how to return to my desktop. I have to shut down and restart???...
  9. Screen dim after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen dim after waking from sleep: Recently I have been finding that when I wake my laptop from sleep, the screen is set to minimum brightness, even though it was at maximum brightness when I put it to sleep. I've only been having this problem recently — before that I was using Windows 10 without running into...
  10. Add or Remove Dim display after from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Dim display after from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Dim display after from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Dim display after" from Power Options in Windows The Dim display after setting in Power Options allows users to specify how long in minutes your computer is inactive before the...