Windows 10: desktop display offset to right

Discus and support desktop display offset to right in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Not sure how I did this, but my desktop display is offset to the right about an inch or so and I cannot see entire layout. Any idea how I shift the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobertGregg1, Oct 22, 2020.

1. desktop display offset to right

Not sure how I did this, but my desktop display is offset to the right about an inch or so and I cannot see entire layout.

Any idea how I shift the desktop back to the left so that it is properly aligned?

:)

RobertGregg1, Oct 22, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Screensaver slideshow does not display correctly whith dual monitors set to "extend desktop"

The images will be repositioned in the Windows Screensaver based on the aspect ratios. Also, if the pictures are taken as portrait and not Landscape they will never fill the entire screen of the screensaver and the result would be a visible display offset.

We suggest that you check the desktop resolution to correct this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click in an open area on your desktop, select Display Setings.
    • Under Display, click on
      Advanced display settings.
    • Try to change the resolution and click on
      Apply
      and on Keep changes.

We also suggest that you check if this issue also occurs using a different user account.

Kindly get back to us so we can assist you further.

Xylee Del, Oct 22, 2020
  3. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Oct 22, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

desktop display offset to right

Driver and/or display problem (AMD)

Try this:

• Right click on a blank area of your desktop and select "Display Properties"
    • Select "Advanced Display Settings"
    • Select "Display Adapter Properties"
    • Click on "List all Modes"
    • Select the preferred display mode. Something with at least 60Hz.
    • Then select your setting you want
    • See if the option came back

95Viper, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

desktop display offset to right

1. desktop display offset to right - Similar Threads - desktop display offset

2. Mouse cursor displayed without offset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor displayed without offset: When the mouse cursor changes to one that should be displayed with an offset e.g., the hand cursor should be displayed slightly to the left so that the tip of the finger matches the mouse position it is not and instead is drawn with the same position as the default...
  3. Mouse cursor displayed without offset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor displayed without offset: When the mouse cursor changes to one that should be displayed with an offset e.g., the hand cursor should be displayed slightly to the left so that the tip of the finger matches the mouse position it is not and instead is drawn with the same position as the default...
  4. Windows 11 desktop icons offset from center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 desktop icons offset from center: This has been bugging me for a while, its not really a big deal but once I noticed it, I just can not unsee it. Is there any way to make the desktop icons to be center? I noticed that there is a small gap on the right side of the screen that causing the desktop icon to be...
  5. Windows 11 desktop icons offset from center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 desktop icons offset from center: This has been bugging me for a while, its not really a big deal but once I noticed it, I just can not unsee it. Is there any way to make the desktop icons to be center? I noticed that there is a small gap on the right side of the screen that causing the desktop icon to be...
  6. 7" monitor displaying an offset desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    7" monitor displaying an offset desktop: The screen shows an offset desktop, I wouldn't know why or how to fix it. i tried reinstalling the GC drivers but it didn't work, and that's the only solution I could find around the usual resources. Any idea? There's obviously no image position fix on the monitor's menu, and...
  7. Video Colors Shifted/Offset to the right

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Colors Shifted/Offset to the right: Hi, My videos youtube, facebook, even the test video in settings app on Windows 10 play normally at first on startup for a few hours, and then the colors suddenly become offset/shifted to the right, and there is a small vertical strip on the left of the video. I believe...
  8. Video Colours Shifted/Offset to the right

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Colours Shifted/Offset to the right: Hi, My videos youtube, facebook, even the test video in settings app on Windows 10 play normally at first on startup for a few hours, and then the colors suddenly become offset/shifted to the right, and there is a small vertical strip on the left of the video. I believe...
  9. Non-maximized windows offset from edges of display

in Windows 10 Support
    Non-maximized windows offset from edges of display: Hello, I have two computers running Windows 10. One is a Toshiba C855 running the Home version, and the other is a Dell M6700 Covet running the Pro version. On both of these computers, I'm having an esthetic problem. Any windows which are not maximized, but which are...
  10. Logitech c920 webcam video is offset to the right in Windows 10 CU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech c920 webcam video is offset to the right in Windows 10 CU: Hi all Since I updated my computer and reinstalled windows 10 Creators update, my Logitech c920 web cam is showing the video offset to the right both in the camera app and in skype. When I load the webcam software it shows it correctly however. I thought it might be a...