Windows 10: Desktop display problem

Discus and support Desktop display problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am not a techie but I have a problem that I hope someone can answer.... Basically I have text appearing in the corner of my desktop display which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by inzera, Oct 7, 2019.

1. inzera Win User

Desktop display problem

I am not a techie but I have a problem that I hope someone can answer....

Basically I have text appearing in the corner of my desktop display which seems to be system info (see photo attached) and I want to remove it. It appears even if I change wallpaper.

So, in simple language, can anyone tell me how to stop it appearing. I tried something called BGinfo which I found while searching but, after playing around with this program, nothing helped.

So, what can I do now??

Desktop display problem 58a1ad45-e82f-40e9-b893-14ce38c05af0?upload=true.jpg

:)

inzera, Oct 7, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Driver and/or display problem (AMD)

Try this:

• Right click on a blank area of your desktop and select "Display Properties"
    • Select "Advanced Display Settings"
    • Select "Display Adapter Properties"
    • Click on "List all Modes"
    • Select the preferred display mode. Something with at least 60Hz.
    • Then select your setting you want
    • See if the option came back

95Viper, Oct 7, 2019
  3. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Desktop display problem

Display

Hi,

To increase the display timeout, I suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Select Desktop and click Personalization.
    • Select Lock Screen, then Click on Screen time out settings.
    • Change the required time in the drop down under Screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

Desktop display problem

1. Desktop display problem - Similar Threads - Desktop display problem

2. Desktop display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop display: I am an IT admin at my company and I have never seen this issue before. This is from my coworker: I’m have issues trying with my screen set ups. When I am using one screen everything is set up correctly when I plug in my docking station and go with two screens everything...
  3. Desktop display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop display: I am an IT admin at my company and I have never seen this issue before. This is from my coworker: I’m have issues trying with my screen set ups. When I am using one screen everything is set up correctly when I plug in my docking station and go with two screens everything...
  4. Desktop display

Desktop display: The desktop display does not cover the whole screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-display/487be6c4-f4dc-409f-b199-69da2f7d7e47
  5. Desktop scaling display problems.

Desktop scaling display problems.: Hello, I desperately need help with ridiculous scaling problems on my desktop. For no apparent reason my desktop icons are now stacked on top of each other and they have large highlight boxes as depicted in the screen shot. I have reverted all my scaling settings backed to...
  6. KB4541335 caused a desktop display problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    KB4541335 caused a desktop display problem?: I just had a baffling experience, thus the title stated as a question On 3/24/20 I installed KB4541335, the 2020-Cumulative Update and it installed and worked fine... Then, the last day or two, whenever I opened an application the desktop world disappear Desktop was still...
  7. Desktop Display

Desktop Display: I logged in & my desktop background is greyed out. I see my background image but it appears to be washed out. My folders & app tiles are gone. I can't right click on the desktop either. I know the things weren't deleted because they're in the desktop file folder in the file...
  8. Desktop Display

Desktop Display: How do I keep Windows from automatically rearranging my Desktop Icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-display/2d390cc3-a580-4490-bcab-b92d20455f4c
  9. Desktop Display

Desktop Display: I accidently laid my arm on the bottom rows of my laptop and the picture is now 90 degrees from upright. How do I get the picture back upright? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-display/8b7149af-10cb-4a53-a8b2-8b4fe2ce336f
  10. Desktop display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop display: Background color changed from white to black following forced update and now outlook and web pages have black backgrounds. How do I restore original setting?...