Windows 10: Desktop does not keep my image (age-old problem)

Discus and support Desktop does not keep my image (age-old problem) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I upgraded to v1809 yesterday and since then I cannot change my desktop image. I can, actually, but in two seconds it reverts back. I have tried lots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bardos, Dec 21, 2018.

1. bardos Win User

Desktop does not keep my image (age-old problem)

I upgraded to v1809 yesterday and since then I cannot change my desktop image. I can, actually, but in two seconds it reverts back. I have tried lots of things to make it fluid again, but nothing seems to work. Open to suggestions

:)

bardos, Dec 21, 2018
  2. bardos Win User

I upgraded to v1809 yesterday and since then I cannot change my desktop image. I can, actually, but in two seconds it reverts back. I have tried lots of things to make it fluid again, but nothing seems to work. Open to suggestions

bardos, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Age Of Empires The Age Of Kings Multiplayer Crash

Hi,

This issue might happen if the Windows Firewall is blocking the game from connecting to the LAN.

I suggest you to add the Age of Empires the Age of Kings, to the exception list of the Windows Firewall and check if the issue is resolved.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel.

• Click on View by in the top right panel and select Small Icons.

• Find and click on Windows Firewall.

• Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall in the left panel.

• Click on Change Settings, find and check the Age of Empires the Age of Kings box for both
      Public and Private Columns.

• If Age of Empires the Age of Kings is not listed, then click on
      Add and select the installed path of the game.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Desktop does not keep my image (age-old problem)

System Image Problem

I'm getting a head start in case you get on early.

Can you post camera pics to your thread from your phone?

There will be steps later that require attention to detail and I'd feel better if I could see what's on your screen. I had to try the steps more than once when I tested the process and I'd like to avoid that on your machine.

Here's what I'd like to do for the Macrium Rescue steps later on in the process
    I'll post the the step, you'll post an picture of the Macrium screen,
    I'll echo same screen back if I see something that needs changing or I'll just say Go Ahead

When I confirm that the Macrium screen, you'll make any changes I've highlighted and THEN execute the step

Here's where you begin today's session, we'll get as far as we get and then pick up when you get back home.

Step 1: Safeguard the System Image by moving it to a new folder

1. Connect the Seagate exp drive

2. File Explorer: Navigate to the Seagate drive

3. Create a new Folder named 1_sysImage

4. Move WindowsImageBackup to 1_sysImage

Step 2: List the VHDs in the System Image

1. File Explorer: Navigate to 1_sysImage\WindowsImageBackup\machineName\Backup date-time

2. Press the Type column to sort by Type

3. Post a screen shot

Slartybart, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop does not keep my image (age-old problem) - Similar Threads - Desktop does keep

2. Why does Roblox not have Ages +17-All Ages? They have Ages +13-All Ages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Roblox not have Ages +17-All Ages? They have Ages +13-All Ages: Why did Roblox remove Ages 17+? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-roblox-not-have-ages-17-all-ages-they/bf4341d2-fdb1-4ca3-8817-2d23758de376
  3. Why does Roblox not have Ages +17-All Ages? They have Ages +13-All Ages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Roblox not have Ages +17-All Ages? They have Ages +13-All Ages: Why did Roblox remove Ages 17+? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-roblox-not-have-ages-17-all-ages-they/bf4341d2-fdb1-4ca3-8817-2d23758de376
  4. The age old question - My Ethernet speed is horrid.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The age old question - My Ethernet speed is horrid.: I know many people have asked the same thing and now it’s my issue too. I just built a PC, unplugged the Ethernet cable in it’s a CAT6 and I hoped everything would work. YouTube, I get too quality pretty quick, but when it comes to downloading stuff, my speeds are doo doo....
  5. The age old question - My Ethernet speed is horrid.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The age old question - My Ethernet speed is horrid.: I know many people have asked the same thing and now it’s my issue too. I just built a PC, unplugged the Ethernet cable in it’s a CAT6 and I hoped everything would work. YouTube, I get too quality pretty quick, but when it comes to downloading stuff, my speeds are doo doo....
  6. that age old question of audio device keeps disconnecting and reconnecting on the rear and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    that age old question of audio device keeps disconnecting and reconnecting on the rear and...: SPECS : Ryzen 5 3600Asrock B550 Taichi Motherboard Realtek onboard audioRTX 2060both my headset and speakers keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every few seconds whenever im using any programs with voip such as games, discord and anything that requires sound device. i hv...
  7. Why does the desktop background on 2 of my PCs keep changing to the same image?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does the desktop background on 2 of my PCs keep changing to the same image?: Why does the desktop background on 2 of my PCs keep changing to the same image? They are both set to different desktop backgrounds. They maintain those different backgrounds for a period of time and bingo...they change to the same background. Sync Settings on both...
  8. Sigh...age-old Microsoft Account Problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sigh...age-old Microsoft Account Problem: For the past month or so, both of my W10 laptops (ver. 1909) keep getting a daily notification akin to: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Microsoft account problem. We need to fix your Microsoft account (most likely your password changed). Select here to fix it in Shared Experiences...
  9. My old desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    My old desktop: I got Windows 10 when it first came out, i had some updates a while ago and this morning it took for ever for my desktop to appear and when it did it was not my original desktop that i had before. How do i get my old desktop back????...
  10. Desktop does not keep my image (age-old problem)

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop does not keep my image (age-old problem): I upgraded to v1809 yesterday and since then I cannot change my desktop image. I can, actually, but in two seconds it reverts back. I have tried lots of things to make it fluid again, but nothing seems to work. Open to suggestions 123871