Windows 10: Desktop doesn't recognize when speakers/headphones are plugged in (No audio device is...

Discus and support Desktop doesn't recognize when speakers/headphones are plugged in (No audio device is... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! I recently bought a Windows 10 desktop. From the looks of it, it is custom built/ the previous owners modified it so I don't have a model... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ThatPersonUDontKnow, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Desktop doesn't recognize when speakers/headphones are plugged in (No audio device is...

Hello! I recently bought a Windows 10 desktop. From the looks of it, it is custom built/ the previous owners modified it so I don't have a model number. The issue is, when I plug in my speakers or headphones, the desktop doesn't recognize it and tells me that I have nothing plugged in. I tried almost everything. Updating drivers, uninstalling them, disabling them and enabling them. The current sound controller/decide is the "High Definition Audio Device". I also have my desktop hooked to HDMI, (I am not sure if that is affecting it). I am desperate for any answers. I have tried multiple tutorials on youtube and none of them worked. Is there something I can download (like another driver?) Or do you think it may be the sound card? Thanks if you read this!

submitted by /u/ThatPersonUDontKnow
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ThatPersonUDontKnow, Jan 26, 2021

2. Headphones recognized as Speakers...

Hi Ahri,

Having your headphones recognized as speaker when plugged in at the back of your PC could be the reason why the audio is low. To help us isolate the problem, we suggest running first the audio troubleshooter from the link Fix
    sound problems

In case the issue persists, then let's remap or retask your Realtek audio jack and see if it addresses the issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    • In the back panel, right click the option where your headphone is connected.
    • Choose the option Connector Retasking, then select Headphone.

Feel free to update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 26, 2021
  3. txstoby Win User
    Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in.

txstoby, Jan 26, 2021
  4. claudsg Win User

Desktop doesn't recognize when speakers/headphones are plugged in (No audio device is...

No speakers or headphones are plugged in Windows 10

Hi, so I ran the find any problem devices and nothing seemed to pop up. When running the audio trouble shooting the problem found was "low audio device volume" and when I hover over audio button with the red cross it says "no speakers or headphones are plugged in" when mine are and I got the little pop up window saying that a device had been plugged in. It's not allowing me to turn up the volume either. If I try to play sound rather than it coming out of my pc's speakers or my headphone nothing comes out

claudsg, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Desktop doesn't recognize when speakers/headphones are plugged in (No audio device is...

1. Desktop doesn't recognize when speakers/headphones are plugged in (No audio device is... - Similar Threads - Desktop doesn't recognize

2. Audio jack doesn't recognize any plugged audio device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio jack doesn't recognize any plugged audio device.: I have a 'HP PAVILION' laptop with windows 10, had it for almost 4 years now and i never ran into this issue. the audio jack port doesn't recognize any headset or cabled earphones the sound works perfectly with bluetooth devices, even when i plug them in my pc doesn't...
  3. Audio jack doesn't recognize any plugged audio device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio jack doesn't recognize any plugged audio device.: I have a 'HP PAVILION' laptop with windows 10, had it for almost 4 years now and i never ran into this issue. the audio jack port doesn't recognize any headset or cabled earphones the sound works perfectly with bluetooth devices, even when i plug them in my pc doesn't...
  4. Audio jack doesn't recognize any plugged audio device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop doesn't recognize headphones when plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop doesn't recognize headphones when plugged in.: Whenever I plug in my wired headphones into the audio jack, the audio still comes out of the laptop speakers and not the headphones. However when I open the Realtek audio console and then plug the headphones it, the audio gets rerouted to the headphones and I also get a...
  6. Laptop doesn't recognize headphones when plugged in.

Laptop doesn't recognize headphones when plugged in.: Whenever I plug in my wired headphones into the audio jack, the audio still comes out of the laptop speakers and not the headphones. However when I open the Realtek audio console and then plug the headphones it, the audio gets rerouted to the headphones and I also get a...
  7. No audio output device is installed / No speakers or headphones are plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio output device is installed / No speakers or headphones are plugged in: I have been experiencing audio problems for the past few months, with a red x next to my audio. I have attempted to troubleshoot using the windows troubleshooter, but it just says it cannot find any audio device. In Device Manager, in sound, video, and game controllers, it...
  8. No audio output device is installed / No speakers or headphones are plugged in

No audio output device is installed / No speakers or headphones are plugged in: I have been experiencing audio problems for the past few months, with a red x next to my audio. I have attempted to troubleshoot using the windows troubleshooter, but it just says it cannot find any audio device. In Device Manager, in sound, video, and game controllers, it...
  9. No audio output device is installed / No speakers or headphones are plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Windows doesn't recognize headphones and speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows doesn't recognize headphones and speakers: Hello, Recently I plug in Samsung SyncMaster SA450 monitor and my speakers and headphones doesn't work anymore. Windows recognize monitor as only audio device and thats all I can select in right bottom sound option, even thoe monitor doesnt have speakers. I tried:...