Windows 10: Desktop doesnt refresh when mouse is moving

Discus and support Desktop doesnt refresh when mouse is moving in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; 2019-11-30 11-28-04 - Streamable 145452 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PolisP, Nov 30, 2019.

1. PolisP Win User

Desktop doesnt refresh when mouse is moving

PolisP, Nov 30, 2019
  2. EggPap Win User

Mouse moves slowly and desktop refreshes every 30 sec.

Hello, I have upgraded w7pro to w10. All has gone well, but after some seconds after accessing the desktop, mouse moves slowly and jumping. Then, every 30 secs (less or more), the desktop disappears and reappears like a refreshing operation.

Someone could halp me?

Thanks,

Emiliano

EggPap, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Paddy Win User
    Automatic refresh doesn't work in File Explorer, Desktop, Recycle etc.

Same in the safe mode, no changes...

I have tried pretty much all those suggestions from various sites, but none of them worked for me.
    What I have seems to be a major issue, they even call it WEDR bug.
    The only thing that slightly changed recently... sometimes, a few times I managed to get automatic refresh for the Desktop, if I for example do the right click and create a new folder, it does create instantly and is visible straight away.... hoewever this never happens in Windows Explorer... I think I once got a file in C: to be processed automatically but thats it... and never had ANY automatic refresh for any of the folders and files on external drives.

Paddy, Nov 30, 2019
  4. EggPap Win User

Mouse moves slowly and desktop refreshes every 30 sec.

Hello,

let me give other details:

after a variable long interval of time (half, one hour or more) the mouse starts to move regularly and the desktop don't refresh anymore, but some icons ont the task bar don't open, especially the first icon at left (start icon?) , the Cortana text field
    and the windows update icon in the right corner.

EggPap, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Desktop doesnt refresh when mouse is moving - Similar Threads - Desktop doesnt refresh

2. Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly: My mouse doesn't work when I move it slowly when I intend to move my cursor slightly, but it only moves when I move the mouse faster. I have this problem in 2/4 of the mouses I use, both of which are new, and I think it might be a Windows problem....
  3. Desktop refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop refreshing: So, i updates my PC to the latest windows 11 preview update today and when i log in to my PC it just kind of refreshes like 5 times until it crashes and restarts. To add to that sometimes when i try to log into my PC it doesn't log in, what i mean by this is that i put in my...
  4. Desktop refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop refreshing: So, i updates my PC to the latest windows 11 preview update today and when i log in to my PC it just kind of refreshes like 5 times until it crashes and restarts. To add to that sometimes when i try to log into my PC it doesn't log in, what i mean by this is that i put in my...
  5. Desktop refresh

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop refresh: When I delete a file from the Desktop and it goes to the Recycle Bin and I empty the Recycle Bin, the file shows back up on the desktop with 0 bytes and when I try to delete it again, it says the file can't be found and then I have to press F5 for it to go away....
  6. Desktop Mouse/Moving lag?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Mouse/Moving lag?: Heyo. I've just updated my PC after a while of outdated software and drivers and somehow I got this issue. Whenever I put my mouse over my icons and move it around, it delays for about a second or two. This is the same with moving them as well. Why is this happening? I've...
  7. "This PC" icon moving every time desktop is refreshed.

"This PC" icon moving every time desktop is refreshed.: I don't know if this can be traced back to a recent Windows 10 system update, but the "This PC" desktop icon keeps moving to the bottom-right-most position of the left-hand stack of desktop icons. ie: If I put another icon there, it will move either underneath that icon or...
  8. Moving mouse brings up desktop

Moving mouse brings up desktop: New-ish HP computer, Windows 10. While working on document or reviewing email, moving the mouse causes the desktop screen to become active. How can I change the "window" to keep desktop from coming up. Also, is there any way to completely get rid of the startup box on the...
  9. Wallpaper becomes black when dragging the mouse or refreshing the desktop

Wallpaper becomes black when dragging the mouse or refreshing the desktop: Hello team, I hope someone can help me with this very annoying issue: Now and then my wallpaper will become black when I drag the mouse, select an icon or refresh the desktop: [IMG] More information: I have a GTX 1070 and my graphic driver is up to date: NVIDIA...
  10. Refresh very very low on desktop or folder when copy or move files

in Windows 10 Support
    Refresh very very low on desktop or folder when copy or move files: Is some time that when i copy or move files on different folders or also files from folders to desktop, the file copied or moved appear after time, not immediately also if the dimesion is very little. Sometime i must select refresh on desktop or F5 on folder to see files...