Windows 10: Desktop drag lag

Discus and support Desktop drag lag in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I drag an icon/shortcut on my pc it take a second to move it and is laggy. It’s also pretty laggy when I drag the blue box thingy to select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hi9250, Jun 3, 2020.

1. /u/Hi9250 Win User

Desktop drag lag

Whenever I drag an icon/shortcut on my pc it take a second to move it and is laggy. It’s also pretty laggy when I drag the blue box thingy to select multiple icons. Even just hovering the mouse over icons it takes awhile to register. And this is on a decent gaming pc and my old laptop doesn’t even lag on desktop. I’m on Windows 10. One thing that I found out is that if I sign out of my account and back in , few a few seconds it had zero lag on the desktop but after a couple seconds it is laggy again. Also when I sign into a different user there is no lag. What could be causing this ?

submitted by /u/Hi9250
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hi9250, Jun 3, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Dragging apps to desktop for shortcuys

Hi Lance,

It's possible that some settings are preventing you from adding shortcuts to the desktop. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Does this happen when you try dragging all apps to the desktop, or just a specific app?
    • Are you using an administrator account?
    • Is your computer connected to a private domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps as a workaround:

• Right-click on any empty part of the desktop.
    • Click New > Shortcut.
    • Navigate to the folder location of the app you want and select it.
    • Click OK.

We look forward to your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Window lags when dragging it up.

Window lags when dragging it up. Whenever I move it up, it becomes jittery. That's all I can explain.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Desktop

preciSioNeep, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Jose Est Win User

Desktop drag lag

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Desktop drag lag

1. Desktop drag lag - Similar Threads - Desktop drag lag

2. Possible Windows drag lag fix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible Windows drag lag fix: So I was having some windows problems, one of which was this drag lag issue with whatever window seemed to be open. Some diving into old reddit posts said it had to do with mouse polling rate and showing contents of window while dragging in advanced system settings. Neither...
  3. Mouse Button Drag Lag

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mouse Button Drag Lag: In Win 10, I select files in a folder, by holding down the mouse button, and dragging the arrow cursor over the files that I wish to select, but there is a serious delay or lagging of the blue shading, as the files are selected. How can this lagging be rectified? I appears to...
  4. Mouse Button Drag Lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Button Drag Lag: In Win 10, I select files in a folder, by holding down the mouse button, and dragging the arrow cursor over the files that I wish to select, but there is a serious delay or lagging of the blue shading, as the files are selected. How can this lagging be rectified? I appears to...
  5. Mouse Button Drag Lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. mouse lagging then dragging windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse lagging then dragging windows: im trying to drag a window but at some point it just stops im not sure if it happened before can someone help me fix it without resetting windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-lagging-then-dragging-windows/9db140cd-d183-4d82-872d-b6c9a6bab13d
  7. Dragging files to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dragging files to desktop: I recently did a clean install of Windows 10. I'm using three monitors and before I did this clean install, I could keep my browser window open on the middle monitor, drag a file or picture to the desktop on the right monitor, and it'd place the file where I wanted wherever...
  8. Desktop Icon Dragging Lags

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon Dragging Lags: I'm using a brand new work machine with Windows 10 and experiencing a weird bug. When I attempt to drag a desktop icon from one place to another, there's a 1-2 second lag before the move actually occurs. During this time, a slightly transparent "ghost" of the icon will remain...
  9. Explorer lagging when dragging files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Explorer lagging when dragging files: So I noticed a couple months back that Explorer started lagging when I drag a file anywhere, even within the same window. I click, start to drag, and it immediately lags for about a second or two, then suddenly moves to the spot I indicated. Does it with right-click drags,...
  10. icons on desktop will not drag

in Windows 10 Support
    icons on desktop will not drag: Win 10, 64 bit, recent upgrade from Win 7. Beginning this afternoon, all of a sudden, the icons on the desktop will not drag, they are fixed in place. I can delete them, open them, move them via right-click and 'copy to' or 'move to'. They simply will not move. I've...